Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm taking some time off to play some classic software titles on the snes.
What do you think the SNES 'must-have' games are?

I would choose:

RPG: Final Fantasy 6, or chrono trigger

Puzzle: super puyo puyo, or tetris battle gaiden

Platform: metal warriors, or kirby

Sports: International Superstar Soccer

Fighting: super street fighter, or killer instinct

Fighting(side-scrolling): ghost chaser, or final fight

(I know that I'm not meant to give away rom links, but I don't think that applies to really old-generation/redundant consoles like the SNES)

I've also just written a FAQ for ghost chaser:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/ghost_chaser_densei.txt

I think you should all check out this really overlooked game.

What are your choices?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> (I know that I'm not meant to give away rom links, but I don't think that applies to really old-generation/redundant consoles like the SNES)

Actually, it still does. That's why I took the link out. It's not like most of them are hard to find. As for some of my favorite SNES games on an emulator, I enjoyed Terranigma a lot. Breath of Fire 2 was also much better than I remembered it being on the SNES.

Since this seems to belong in misc console discussion, I'll move it there.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
RPG: Don't forget Seiken Densetsu 3 (a.k.a. Secret of Mana 2) and Romancing Saga 3, which were never officially translated to English, but thanks to translation projects they're now playable! I can't wait until Bahamut Lagoon is translated...

Fighting: Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 2!! I wasted most of my high school life playing this game. :D

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
Fighting: Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 2!! I wasted most of my high school life playing this game. :D
I love this game. I used to meet my friends to play DBZ SB2, DBZ SB3, DBZ Hyper Dimension, Yu Yu Hakusho 2 and Yu Yu Hakusho Final. Great fighting games.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
or you might wanna try wild guns its a good game and also biker mice and lastly metal warriors

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
A SNES must-have? Tokimeki Memorial, as soon as it gets translated. :p

Dragon Quest games are damn good too, as well as Front Mission.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore are also worth to be mentioned , the same goes for RS 3 , translated by Mana Sword !

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon

I love this game. I used to meet my friends to play DBZ SB2, DBZ SB3, DBZ Hyper Dimension, Yu Yu Hakusho 2 and Yu Yu Hakusho Final. Great fighting games.
Hehe... me and my cousin used to play DBZ2 a lot... we have our daily session of DBZ2 fight, complete with trash talking n' stuff.... the daily practice got me so good, no one could beat me even when I start with 25% life bar... oh the good old days :D

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm

There are many... but goodies worth mentioning if you enjoyed Tales of Destiny 1 & 2 and Star Ocean 2 ...
Tales of Phantasia has been translated by Dejap and is the precurser to TOD
Star Ocean 1 is now emulated and almost completely translated...

Also Dragon Warrior 5 is translated if you are currently enjoying DW7

There are many more gems....damn we love this machine...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Bahamut Lagoon , FEDA and Rudora are also very good SNES games , the bad thing is they aren't translated yet .

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmm...

Puzzle: super puyo puyo, or tetris battle gaiden
hmm...

im glad you mentioned tetris battle gaiden....

i mean... that game is tetris.... I-C-K.. stay away tetris can kill you...

nono.. tetris is great... and this game on snes.. shows the true elements on tetris...

no stupid power crap.. no stupid... just plain tetris.. do you know how hard it is to find a simple tetris... w/ good music... 2 pl support...

well this is all good.... im just glad you mentioned it...

well theres the rensa mode... i love that.... i call it "lazy tetris"

well if anyone who wants to play tetris.. hey! try this one!

i like this very much... because its a game i play with my elder sisters all the time :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts