Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been a while, hasn't it.

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a good configuration for Star Ocean? Sometimes it works PERFECTLY.. There doesn't seem to be any noticeable graphical glitch during cinema, though during cinema, like when Fayt's power awakens and he destroys the ship, the cinema got stuck. It fluctuated between 70.29-72.63fps.

Not entirely sure why this would happen when it worked fine before. And I noticed that in places where it was lag-free, I now get 3fps during battles.

Are there any suggestions of what I should do?

Any recommendations from users who play this game? Thanks so much!! I'm trying to get into the Arena. *grins* Currently playing it for my 360, and I've always found the Arena matches to be so much fun.

thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it might run better on the Beta version of PCSx2. I am actually not playing it at the moment, but am planning to. I dread the Dragon Flute part, because it took a while to figure out how to get the four notes to synchonize.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm.. Are you using PCSX2 0.9.6 with the Tri Ace Game Fix activated? And are you using the Beta, or the actual version? In my experience, most games seem to run better on the betas. I must say, that the developers did a great job on them.

Also, are you using the GSdx plug-ins or the ZERO plug ins for the graphics, because the GSdx ones are much faster.

And are you playing with the sound off or on? How big is the screen resolution? Is the game screen small or big? The smaller it is, the faster it will go, the bigger it is, the more sluggish it shall be.

And are you using the Speed Hacks?

If you are not using the PCSX2 0.9.6 version, please use that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes, I'm using the fix of tri-ace, if I'm using a beta version of pcsx2 and always use the plugins GSDX, about the speed hacks already tried all that funny in the holding and the game is fast, but in this battle catching a lot, unlike the pcsx2 096 which is fast in battles and slow in operation.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Try this.

Before you initiate combat, please quick save by pressing F1, just in case the emulator crashes.

Then hit exit to bring up the Emulator menu. Go down to Speed Hacks (This next step requires the Beta version of the emulator.) you should see something that says VU Cycle Stealer, it's a slider. By default it would be slid all the way to the left. Try sliding that to the right and see what happens.. I heard that it worked for Dot.Hack, perhaps it will work for this game also, I have not played this game with the Beta version.

Here's something that might help from another post.

RE: .hack// Question
If there is slowdown in the fights, make sure VU cycle steal isn't all the way to the right, otherwise it should play fine (if a little slow)

It sorta went hand-in-hand with what I said. So instead of having the VU Cycle Stealer all the way to one direction, try having it in the middle of the bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.