Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
they're all still in their infancy...so none, play on your PSP till they mature.

·
Advanced PC Pro
187 Posts
Another year or so then you should ask again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
while their statements are technically true, you can play psp games with a java app called jpcsp, its buggy, but it can play many commercial games that are not encrpyted.

good job telling him a buncha BS trolls. i hate people who do nothing but hide things. sure, its in its infancy, but i can play over 40 of my iso's on this 'infant' psp emulator for pc.
the most recent i've found is 128588_jpcsp_1914x86 and it was on dl.qj.net. just so you konw. go to the downloads tab, select psp, and type emulator to find it. hope i ACTUALLY helped you, rather than lie because i dont know what i'm talking about, like a couple of trolls i could name.

also, dont belive you can only play at 24fps, i've been as high as 60.
let the flaming against the real answer begin.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
while their statements are technically true, you can play psp games with a java app called jpcsp, its buggy, but it can play many commercial games that are not encrpyted.

good job telling him a buncha BS trolls. i hate people who do nothing but hide things. sure, its in its infancy, but i can play over 40 of my iso's on this 'infant' psp emulator for pc.
the most recent i've found is 128588_jpcsp_1914x86 and it was on dl.qj.net. just so you konw. go to the downloads tab, select psp, and type emulator to find it. hope i ACTUALLY helped you, rather than lie because i dont know what i'm talking about, like a couple of trolls i could name.

also, dont belive you can only play at 24fps, i've been as high as 60.
let the flaming against the real answer begin.
very good reply. I believe there is a port of j psp to c++ and its called pcpsp. I'm not sure though.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I have to admit I have no clue it had gotten so good, I knew it was able to run one or two commerical games and perhaps get ingame kinda on a dozen others but that level of emulation isn't really recommendable so I didn't recommend it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
very good reply. I believe there is a port of j psp to c++ and its called pcpsp. I'm not sure though.
Yes, it exists, and it's name is pcsp, by (more or less) the same developers of jpcsp, at least it was when I was kicked from the team about a year ago. Also, if it hasn't changed, it's still not up to par to the java version, but might get there in the future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, it exists, and it's name is pcsp, by (more or less) the same developers of jpcsp, at least it was when I was kicked from the team about a year ago. Also, if it hasn't changed, it's still not up to par to the java version, but might get there in the future.
why did you get kicked?
{sorry If it's hurt asking}

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
why did you get kicked?
{sorry If it's hurt asking}
Different opinions towards code ownership, and who did actually took the decisions. Not to mention that it's a closed source project, which I'm not willing to invest time for free.

I was actually asked to join the project again after some internal discussions, but refused to do so, as I wasn't interested any more.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thank you all.
but the progress of psp emulators is horrible slow.
the progress is disappointing after ~6 year of psp launch.
what's the minimum system requirements for j/pcsp for windows?

·
Registered
38 Posts
jpcsp-1947 works and has a pretty good compatibility but it's still slow, for example i tried monster hunter freedom and it works at 20 fps more or less but my pc is not very good, the emulator only plays not encrypted games because it's against piracy

·
Registered
38 Posts
not that i know but there are many videos on youtube showing many games working, also i just tried a random old game like monster hunter frontier and immediately worked, all the recent games are encrypted though so you can decrypt them with proper programs and make isos on your own or you won't be able to play them with the emulator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In fact, there is a compatibility list at the developers website (www.jpcsp.org) but it's currently down. I'm unable to access this address for a couple of weeks now...:(

But if you want to give it a try, you can track its latest SVN builds here: Automated Jpcsp Builds

Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to decrypt my own dumped ISO's to play with the emulator, to avoid that 'anti-piracy' screen. I really don't understand the jpcsp members here, because I DO have the PSP and the UMD discs, and even dumping my own discs, it tells me that they don't want to support piracy?? So why are they writing an emulator anyway, if you can't play games that you paid for?? No other emulator does such pathetic thing like this.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
From the JPCSP forum:
Recommended requirements:
OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7) 32bit/64bit or Linux (any up-to-date distribution) 32bit/64bit.
CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core or 2.3 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 3200+.
RAM: 1 Gb.
Video Card: 256 Mb. Requires full OpenGL support (version 2.0 is the recommended minimum).

Please note that these settings are mostly a reflection of users' experience.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From the JPCSP forum:
Recommended requirements:
OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7) 32bit/64bit or Linux (any up-to-date distribution) 32bit/64bit.
CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core or 2.3 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 3200+.
RAM: 1 Gb.
Video Card: 256 Mb. Requires full OpenGL support (version 2.0 is the recommended minimum).

Please note that these settings are mostly a reflection of users' experience.
thanks, but:
what? 2g dual core cpu min? :mad::mad::mad:
kcfu...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
a 2Ghz Dual is nothing these days.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
thanks, but:
what? 2g dual core cpu min? :mad::mad::mad:
kcfu...
I know right?!? they're such horrible bastards!
its THEIR fault YOU have a crappy setup :eyemove:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts