Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this emulator, and I really have no idea what I'm doing, I have all the necessary components to "theoretically" make the emu work, however when I go to play nothing works...just a black screen. I was wondering what the recomended settings and plugins would be, I'm currently using all Pete stuff. My system is an Athalon 2.4, 1024 DDR RAM, and a GeForce4 Ti4200 8xAGP. I'm using all PSX Games, no ROMs, ISOs etc. Only the original games. Can someone please help me?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
For the gpu, you should be using pete's opengl 1.75; eternal will be your best bet for the sound; and an ISO will definitely make the gaming experience better, so you shouldn't need any cd plugin, however peops is the best.

Now to the crucial question: wich game are you trying to play?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I-Chan said:
For the gpu, you should be using pete's opengl 1.75; eternal will be your best bet for the sound; and an ISO will definitely make the gaming experience better, so you shouldn't need any cd plugin, however peops is the best.

Now to the crucial question: wich game are you trying to play?
Well...all of them... I have a series 1000 PSX and it getting old, and I'm really poor...

I was trying Symphony of the Night and Beyond the Beyond cause they were the oldest games I had, I figured if anyworked it would be them...
And with ISOs are they like ROMs all hush hush about where you get them or can I just make them with my existing PSX CDs?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
just use a program like Alcohol120% or CloneCD to make your own ISOs. once you buy the game, do whatever the hell you want with it ;)

anywho, just use the plugins that I-chan suggested. you can use default with Eternal, and "nice" preset with Pete's OpenGL. with Peops, set it to IOCTL mode and thread caching (and you can do autodetect for the read mode)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making ISOs

Um... like I said...I'm pretty much an idiot at this...I mean I got ZSNES down and stuff but that was just a matter of finding and downloading, is making the ISOs from the discs particularly complicated? I hope not... cause I've been doing a lot of hex work in games lately and my brain is tired...::brainfart::................

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
making ISOs is easy peasy, just open up the program and it's self explantory. open up Alcohol120% and it has a IMAGE MAKING WIZARD, just do that. just select hte Playstation preset, CloneCD image type...poof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm very appreciative for your help, its really nice when people are helpful, instead of yelling at people calling them mean things cause they don't know what they are doing yet. So, thank ye! For being one of them cool patient understanding types!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts