Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes! I was hoping if you guys could recommend any good platformer (no Crash Bandicoot, please) for the psx. You know, I really miss the good old days where I had (and still have, thanks to emulation) LOADS of fun running, jumping and collecting coins with super mario on the nes, was spinning around as sonic or every other character 'cos platformers for the old consoles vere so damn good! When I get tired of thos ultra-modern poligons and want just simple and plain fun I go back to my Rocknes and play a little of SMB3 or Double Dragon2 :)
Now we have this Crash Bandicoot which, at least for me, is HORRIBLE! No fun at all! I just finished "Donald Duck - Going Quackers" and really enjoyed it! Good graphics, gameplay and... FUN!
So, I'd love to hear from you psx fans out there which game should I pick that would make me happy? :)

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already finished SOTN twice :) It's REALLY a great game!

I never liked Strider... I've played the nes/sms/genesis/arcade versions and still don't like it.

But I've never heard of Klonda :)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Pitfall 3d
Jersey devil
Soul Reaver
Rascal
Spyro 1,2 and 3
all I can think of right now.

As a side note, sure they may be 3d platformers, but it's almost impossible to find 2d ones for a 3d system.

·
King of the Maggots
4,131 Posts
hey.... are you forgetting the rockman saga????

X4 and X5 rock! it will give tons of fun... (or you might throw it through the window in the rough parts....:p)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm

Also there is Castlevania Chronicles......
Klonoa is a beautiful platformer.....
Then there are the Gex games and Rayman
Brave Fencer Musashi
Pac-Man World
The Spyro series
The Tomba series
Definately see about Klonoa if ya miss the Sonic & Mario types

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Ape Escape gets my vote as its good fun to play and theres lots of going back over previous levels catching monkeys using the new tools u get as u progress in the game....
Lots of fun :D

S

·
0 Posts
Castlevania SOTN, Castlevania Chronicles, PacMan World, Ms. PacMan-Maze Madness are all excellent platformers and they all work excellently w/ePSXe.

·
Nu...
472 Posts
Definately all the megaman games: x4,x5,x6 (when it's out),and the original series is good too

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts