Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a PCI TV card, the one that I had doesn't work well and it has problems with the sound output.

I have a good video card, so I'm not interested in those Ati All In Wonder models, just a PCI card not PCI express.

I don't want something too expensive, don't even use the fm radio of the cards, only interested in the TV aspect.

Recommend something?

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
I use one of these with DScaler. I use it with my TV, PlayStation 2 and my Gamecube.

I heard that MSI have taken flak with these cards though due to drivers or something. It is true that with any other software than the (absolutely crap) one they bundle with the software then you'll have issues. This has been documented in places like ChrisTV's forums and such, but DScaler works with it perfectly.

I'm not using my home computer right now, but if you want i can put up some screen captures of the quality of the card w/ DScaler.

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for your suggestions.
I saw that MSI before, looks interesting.

dpence said:
Hauppauge Wintv card...Bt848 or Bt878 chipped...extrememly cheap (less than $10 on ebay most times) and they are very good quality...
But if that is good enough. I think I'll go with that one.
Saw one of those on newegg too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.