Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is FINALLY getting a game-worthy PC, after years of hounding him. There's years and years worth of PC gaming gold that he's never heard of. I'm trying to think up what I can, but when you're trying to recall all of it, it can be daunting. So I turn to you, emuforums, to be my muse.

Post your must-play PC games here.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Must? There is no definite must.
Any genres in particular?

Out of the top of my mind:

Burnout Paradise
Crysis(the only decent FPS I've played in the past 6 years)
Devil May Cry 4
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Assassin's Creed(if he doesn't mind repetitive missions and BROWN. Story was good, coupled with being able to climb onto anything were the only things that kept me going 'till the end, to be honest)
Plants vs Zombies(yeah, you don't need a good PC for this. Doesn't take away any of the fun, though)
Braid(idem PvsZ)
World of Goo(notice a trend here?)
Oh, and Dynasty Warriors 6.(I find these games fun, and don't mind playing the same stories over and over again[DW4, DW5, DW6...]. The new takes to the characters and points of view with each game keep it varied enough to make them interesting. And it's always fun to be able to stab thousands of peoples to death).

Most other games out there are either "meh", or I simply haven't tried them out. And yes, I realize that most of those games have been released for other consoles. Again, bite me. He might like Oblivion's open-ended world and what not too. I found it boring, to be honest. Not even the mods kept me interested.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Company of Heroes, Half-Life(s), COD4, L4D, Defcon, Portal, TF2, DOW2, Uplink, Max Payne(s), Starcraft, Oni, Bioshock, Battlefield 2, SplinterCell(s), GuildWars, Fallout3, RedAlert3, World in Conflict, Rise of Nations

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i might get NFS undercover for pc, just for teh lolz,...

unless carmageddon 4 gets released sometime soon....

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Carmageddon!

I might be one of the few PC gamers in existence to think that The Death Race 2000 was actually good. Most people just deem the other two higher than that one and call TDR 2000 a disappointment.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oblivion+script extender (and all that follows), Grid, Farcry 2, Mercenarys 2, Mirrors Edge, Fallout 3, Gears of War, Burnout Paradise, Hawx, UT3, Tomb Raider Underworld.

·
Registered
181 Posts
psychonauts for the pc. it's cheap. they say it takes a somewhat beefy machine to run. Rfactor the racing game looks good. i have that on the way. they make a prince of persia trilogy for the three "last generation" PoP's. those games are pretty good. the new windows xp/vista compatible version of motocross madness1 and 2 i think.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
oblivion+script extender (and all that follows), grid, farcry 2, mercenarys 2, mirrors edge, fallout 3, gears of war, burnout paradise, hawx, ut3, tomb raider underworld.
mwgse ^_^

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Diablo 2 is old school, and thus fails the test of lolz.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Diablo 2 is old school, and thus fails the test of lolz.
It's not like Snicko's list is more recent :D

And I pity him if his PC wasn't able to run the Max Payne games, or at least the first. I agree with Matis about Assassin's Creed as well, great game to try, even if it's just for a technical showoff.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Racing:
Need for Speed 4 High Stakes
Need for Speed Underground 2
TOCA Race Driver 2 (more sim like than other Racers but still loads of fun)
Race Driver GRID

RPG:
Drakensang - The Dark Eye
Mass Effect

RTS:
Rise of Nations
Red Alert 2
Red Alert 3
Supreme Commander

Combat Flight Sim:
Jane's USAF

·
Registered
281 Posts
Racing:
Need for Speed 4 High Stakes
Need for Speed Underground 2
TOCA Race Driver 2 (more sim like than other Racers but still loads of fun)
Race Driver GRID

RPG:
Drakensang - The Dark Eye
Mass Effect

RTS:
Rise of Nations
Red Alert 2
Red Alert 3
Supreme Commander

Combat Flight Sim:
Jane's USAF
YES, how could I forget Mass Effect!:x3:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.