Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I feel like shooting myself! What have I've been doing all this time. I finished watching Hellsing yesterday and mildly said I've been blown away by it... Style, presentation, characters, music... You name it. Finally I know what character Kane was using in his sig all these years :p

Anyway... if rest of Anime stuff is remotely as good, I'm in for a treat :p So give me a nice list mates :p It doesn't need to be futuristic setting, fantasy goes just as well. Basically anything with good story goes, no matter the genre I believe :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
uhm this is hard .. as personal taste is always hard to categorize. Things like: u liked helling u would like Gun GRave doens´t work always.
MAy be u COULD go by popularr ating:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl
some ideas from me:
- Bleach ( da mucsic is cool IMO)
- Naruto ( also nice, maybe kinda childish sometimes)
- Lain ( see urself ^^°)
- Great Teacher Onizuka ( iliked it, funny)
Have Fun!
Welcome to the world of Animes! :)
wbr Shin Gouki

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
What animes have you seen so far and which genre do you like ?

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yea, FMA is one of the best. It still has the top spot in terms of score on AnimeDB. A few other reccomendations I'd make are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and if you want to make your head hurt from being confused give Furi Kuri a shot. :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I haven't seen anything Anime except Hellsing so far... I had this weird idea Anime and Hentai were the same thing, so I just ignored everything Anime related :/ I haven't even seen Ghost in the Shell :( (got it recommended from a friend last night)

It is like asking for a good TV-Show to watch... Pretty hard I can imagine :/ I liked Hellsing style a lot, way they presented some of the sceens and such. Story was nice too. So anything with good story is a + :)

*edit*
I guess I like dark and mature (not in the erotic way) stories...

·
The ChinaDude!!!
3,930 Posts
Bleach and naruto for the action fans, and a good laugh at times. I can also recommend Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. (i love 'em)

Furi Kuri is NOT confusing... after watching a couple of hundred times :p

And if you did like furi kuri, jungla wa hale nochi guu is a good view too

·
9,358 Posts
Witch Hunter Robin,
Samurai X ( Rurouni Kenshin ) OVA1 & 2 , also watch the shishio arc in the TV series.
Full Metal Alchemist
Record of Lodoss Wars OVA ( OVA being better than the TV series, but the TV series is still good ).
Full Metal Panic 1 & 2 ( go with FMP Fumoffu and Slam Dunk if you want good comedy)
Bleach, One piece of the first 135 episodes of Naruto for Shounen action type anime
Gundam SEED & Gundam SEED Destiny
Wild Arms Anime
Ah My Godess ! TV ( 2005 remake series)
Ebichu ( absolutly hilarious, but includes many 18+ jokes )
Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien , Peach Girl for shoujo/romance drama
Ghost in the Shell
The Last Exile
Slayers
Azumanga Diaoh ( another comedy anime)
Beck
Berserk
Hajime no Ippo ( Boxing anime)
Scrapped Princess

Just to name a few...

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
209 Posts
Personally, I like when there is a little humour also doesn't matter if it's sci-fi/fantasy/everyday anime.

What Elly said:
Azumanga Daioh (As a reviewer said, if you don't like this you must be a horrible person)

Also recommend:
(Louie The) Rune Soldier (Fantasy/Comedy)
One Piece (Pirates..arrr! Warning: this is a long and ongoing Anime)
Card Captor Sakura (Pokemon:ish, perhaps a little too cute for some ^_^)

Also I must recommend watching Appleseed instead or at least before Ghost In The Shell, but that's just me.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i didnt like fruits baskets but some ppl mite >__>

i recommend "The twelve kingdoms' chronicles". the japanese name is 十二国記. or juuni kokuki. its very very slow getting in but as it progresses becomes truly very good ^^ (i'd say opposite of hellsing O__o)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It really depends on what genre you like. Here is what I really enjoy.

funny: Slayers, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

serious/mature: Ghost in the Shell (both movies and Stand Alone Complex)

action: Gundam Wing (has a surprisingly good plot and interesting characters) and Full
Metal Panic (2nd raid is currently being subbed)

for everyone: Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
I just finished watching Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ and I enjoyed it. The series is simple, lite and funny.

The story is about Ryuushi Shiratori, an inspiring 18 year old artist who moves to a Tokyo apartment. Ryuushi develops a crush on the lady landlord, but quickly discovers she has multiple personalities. He has to figure out how to deal with these personalities and the interesting residents at the apartment as well.

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
Please Teacher AKA Ogenai Sensei is a very good anime if you want a short series. It's only 13 episodes long.

I liked Magical Knight Rayearth 1 a lot but I know some people here who didn't enjoy it. I haven't gotten a chance to see Magic Knight Rayearth 2.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
DarkAurora said:
Please Teacher AKA Ogenai Sensei is a very good anime if you want a short series.
ogenai? :p

anyway, i'll throw in my two cents and be out of here, some of my favorites:

Ichigo 100%
School Rumble
Azumanga Daioh
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
Girls Bravo (first season only, the second one sucks)
Dokuro-Chan (this one is going on now..it's hilarious)
Gunslinger Girl (very serious)
Ai****eruze Baby (pretty dramatic and sad...but hot damn Kokoro-chan is hawt :wub: )

·
9,358 Posts
hushypushy said:
ogenai? :p

Ai****eruze Baby (pretty dramatic and sad...but hot damn Kokoro-chan is hawt :wub: )
/me laughs at the forums censoring :D

Yours,
-Elly

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.