Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go! the biggest problem of all! what should be the specs of the PC to run epsxe with almost full speed.With full speed I mean the full 60fps in NTSC and 50fps in Pal games.

Currently the specs of my system are

Processor:Intel Pentium III,500Mhz
Mother Board:Acorb BX61/Via/ZX81.....Via Chipsets with 2x AGP
System Ram:128 MB Ram
Sound Card:Creative Live! Value
Video Card:Asus V3800 with TNT2 M64 Chipset....32MB
CD Rom:Compaq 32x
HardDisk:20GB Quantum Fireball.

Oky now lets see the performance of this system.......

My all games run at full speed except GT2.This game on the average gives me 45fps.So I guess the minimum requirements for epsxe are mine...............:)......and I am happy with my system.

I want U guys to please give your system specs and tell me the performance on Epsxe

This would help the epsxe authors to figure that what kind of system and performance we are having...........

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can get all my games to run at 50 fps(they are all pal) on my system with res at 800*600 colour 32 bit and fsaa2*2
i usually play ready to rumble 2
iss pro evo 2
Smackdown 2
have played others but i dont like to have more than 3 iso's at one time. Is there any way of decreasing their size i have heard that they can be stripped down.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by cyrus
I can get all my games to run at 50 fps(they are all pal) on my system with res at 800*600 colour 32 bit and fsaa2*2
i usually play ready to rumble 2
iss pro evo 2
Smackdown 2
have played others but i dont like to have more than 3 iso's at one time. Is there any way of decreasing their size i have heard that they can be stripped down.
I like the specs of your system..........I love intel boards

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Amazinglly enough all the games ive tried run at full speed @1280x1024 with all the graphic stuff at highest quality.
Maybe my 1gig [email protected]/256 mb cas [email protected]/radeon 64 ddr @200/400 has something to do with it....
he he he :D
Havent tried FSSA turned on yet as the drivers I'm using dont support it and I cant be bothered changing them at the mo.
Oh but my japanise version of rival schools slows down a lot when I use the burning vigour attacks

S

·
0 Posts
T-Bird 1.2ghz, GEForce 2 GTS, Soundblaster Live Value, Win 98 First Edition, Soyo SY-K7VTA Pro mother board w/266 FSB speed, and 128 megs of Corsair PC 133 memory. Using Pete's OGL vers. 1.50, Pete's CD Rom Plugin vers. 1.5 w/async read and 2x speed limit, and I am going to try Pete's new Direct Sound Driver 1.8.
Result: 60 FPS in all games, good sound and fabulous graphics.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
106 Posts
Processor - Intel Pentium III, 1Ghz
Motherboard - ASUS CUSL2-C Black Pearl Edition
System Ram - 512 MB Mushkin Ram
Soundcard - SoundBlaster Live! Platinum
Videocard - Hercules 3d Prophet II Ultra (GeForce 2 Ultra)
CD Rom - ASUS 50x
Hard Disk - Seagate 18.4GB Cheetah (SCSI, 15K RPM)
Windows 98 SE

Plays everything at 60 FPS, with 4x4 FSAA turned on. :)

S

·
0 Posts
I like your signature Satan. That is very very funny. Way to go.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well all of U guys out there have awsome systems.....good for U
So we conclude that for getting the best performance out of epsxe we should have the following minimum specs.......!

Processor:Intel or AMD with speed obove 700MHz
Motherboards:Goodones.....intel,Asus,Soyo,etc with 133mhz Bus or obove
Graphic Card:Minimum Riva TNT2 32 for systems obove 700Mhz
and G-force 256 for systems slower then 700Mhz

Sound Card:Any but good
System Ram:Minimum 128MB
CD rom:Greater then 32x

So here we go.....for best performance of epsxe we should have system specs greater then the obove ones........am I right.....correct me if I am wrong

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
I like your signature Satan. That is very very funny. Way to go.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Thanks. :)
But I wonder if our younger members will be able to understand it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I think the minimum requirements depend on the games that you want to play. Just like PC games where you have different requirements for different games.

Looking at my specs which is nothing to shout about, I can still play MGS at 60fps at 800x600. Other games works fine too but sometimes does need a lot of fine tuning. So far, the only game that run at a speed that is unplayable is Parasite Eve 2 ( for me anyway ).

This is my opinion anyway... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts