Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you lucky *******s who live in warm climates, where 1 inch of snow is considered a blizzard, take a gander at a true winter:

The shovel visible in the pics is about 4foot tall (somewhere around 1.33 meters for you metric folk).

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
haha yeah XD Where do you live? Its been about -30c here in Southern Alberta for the past two weeks...

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In nw pennsylvania, right near lake erie. The news says it's been around -2F (-19C) the past couple days. My outdoor thermometer though has been stuck on 20F (-6C) for the past week, I think it's frozen in place. :-\

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea, we recently got frozen rain hen a blizzard so that made for some really icy roads. We got a good 3 feet of snow here by Edmonton Alberta. During that time it was dropping down to -48C at night and stuck in the -30s and -40's throughout the day. It is finally getting warmer though.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
lol thats nothing...you should see the snow we had in St-Augustin near Quebec City when i lived thered a couple years back...gonna find a pic :p
the snow was up to 3 meters in front of our house -_-

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
And I was complaining about the 5 cm that made the road slippery this morning :p

I got some pictures of the scenery on my phone, when I get my datacable I'll upload them ;) It's not that there are huge piles of snow, but it made everything look nice here :)

I hope none of you are having a lot of trouble because of the snow.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well when you live in cooler temperatures it's kind of a norm. The only problems people have is driving really, but if you srive to the weather conditions and not always the speed limit, you will be fine ;)

·
Forgot this place existed
100 Posts
Yeah, be happy with snow and your -10C/-15C, I would prefer that then the -47C we've got here some days ago, we were under -30 for over a week.... hopefully, it's better today, -13 right now here :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
oO
I already have the feeling my balls are freezin' off at -5 Celcius with a cold wind....

Things like the snowstorms (and tornados, hurricanes) make me realise Holland isn't such a bad country to live in when it comes down to weather conditions.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Yea, we recently got frozen rain hen a blizzard so that made for some really icy roads. We got a good 3 feet of snow here by Edmonton Alberta. During that time it was dropping down to -48C at night and stuck in the -30s and -40's throughout the day. It is finally getting warmer though.
Yeah, we actually hit +9 here in Edmonton today. It's sitting at +8 right now.:D Gotta love Alberta's variable climate! I know I do.:)

·
band
4,912 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
And I thought it gets cold in Texas. Well, it does when those blasts of Canadian air come down here, but the coldest it has been here this winter is 19F or -7C. Its 52F outside right now, which is 11C. Tomorrow its supposed to get up to 70F or 21C. The only time it snows here is normally in February (if then).

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
ICECICLES!

God I love snow (no sarcasm)

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
California Love :D . The temp here in the Bay Area has been in the around the 45-50 degree mark during the day :thumb: . It gets a little cold at night but nothing worse. :cool:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
We may have to deal with hurricanes but us floridians sure do love our warm temps :thumb: although with the wet climate it feels likes is a LOT colder than it is.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Scottish weather = most unpredictable thing ever. Back in February 2001, Monday was the warmest day for 20 years, Tuesday there was 1 foot of snow.

I'd actually like to live in a snowy area, it's my favourite weather next to rain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts