Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some weird problems with my 8-button A4-Tech (www.a4tech.com) gamepad. It doesn't work properly when sound rate is set higher than 22khz on any emulator, strangely it works fine with NeoRageX @ 44khz...
Now onto ePSXe... My gamepad worked fine with ePSXe and both Null's and Pete's sound plug-ins (the only ones that allow setting the sound rate...) but now it's acting really weird. When XA sound is on it just "moves/presses buttons" randomly making any game unplayable 'cos I can't control the character :( When XA sound is off everything works correctly. I'm using DirectX 8.0a and Win98 SE.
Any sugguestions for solving this problem?:mad:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well apparently it's your sound card's problem with the gameport (i could be others but i doubt it)

if your motherboard has a gameport, try using it instead of the one on your sound card. always make sure only one of the gameport is enabled.

otherwise, you can use a dedicated gameport card, or a USB to gameport adapter.
for the USB adapter, your 8 button gamepad has to be in standard gameport format, which is probably the case. Radioshack sells such as adpater, but you might find cheaper ones on the net.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx :)

Thanx for the help... It may be my soundcard's gameport. I'm gonna try that usb adapter that you mentioned above ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts