Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to be able to change the speed in psx games, while i'm playing them with ePSXe, i'm not sure if this can be done at this time, but i'm pretty sure it can't. What i would like to do is have a hotkey that would turn the FPS limit off and on during the game, so if i get stuck at a long boring part of the game, i can skip over it faster. Like instead of 60 fps which is what i get with the FPS limit on, it would go up to 300+ FPS with the limit off, so to have the ability to change the speed like that quickly, in game, would be very useful i think. Is there anyway i can do it now or will i have to wait for the next version of ePSXe?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Using pete's plugins, hit del key and you'll bring up the ingame gpu menu. Press pagedown button to cycle through the different frame limit options (on, autodetect, off). IIRC there's a way to configure it to hotkeys, though i've never done it myself, document yourself at pete's plugin's readmes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds a little better, but i want to be do it quickly, without having to sort through a menu everytime. Just want to "bind" the fps limit switch to a keyboard key, or even a controller key (that'd be awesome). It is probably possible, just gotta figure it out :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
ropeadope said:
That sounds a little better, but i want to be do it quickly, without having to sort through a menu everytime. Just want to "bind" the fps limit switch to a keyboard key, or even a controller key (that'd be awesome). It is probably possible, just gotta figure it out :p
emmmm...

I-Chan said:
Using pete's plugins, hit del key and you'll bring up the ingame gpu menu. Press pagedown button to cycle through the different frame limit options (on, autodetect, off). IIRC there's a way to configure it to hotkeys, though i've never done it myself, document yourself at pete's plugin's readmes.
:innocent:

anyway ropeadope if you figure it out let us know it here :)(I'd search for it if i only had time :() I'd be greatefull

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
a few things: I-Chan, the different FPS settings are "on, off, manual" in that order. manual is the number you filled in that box with in GPU config (default 200).

secondly, there is no "on/off" switch for FPS limitation, like ZSNES or something. how hard is it to keep the FPS menu down, and press "end" to unlimit and press it twice more to limit it again. i do it all the time, it's not that bad.

lastly, you can change the bindings for the keys in pete's plugins, but you can only change them to different buttons on the keyboard; you can't use a gamepad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, there's a little nifty program out there called JoytoKey: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

So if i could bind a hotkey of sorts to the keyboad, then i could bind it to my controller. I've done similar things with other emulators.

I'm using Pete's video plugin, but pressing delete in game doesn't bring up any kind of menu. I have Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.74 in right now, maybe it's old. Right now for me to turn on/disable the fps limit, i have to quit the game and do it, and do the same again to turn it back on, so that wouldn't be fast enough.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
1.75 is the newest, so you're not that much out of date...

so what happens when you press Delete? it should bring up the FPS menu at the top of the screen, and you see all those little icons up at the top.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
rope, maybe if your language is not english you are not locating the button right. When i say del button, i'm not meaning the backspace button (the one with the arrow to the left that is over the "enter" button), but the one in the lower left postion on the 6 key block over the arrow keys. Make sure you have them at their default config: open the gpu configuration, look for 'show fps on startup' and click on the '...' button to it's right. There you can configure the keys for the ingame menu.

You can also get his latest gpu plugins from his site.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Is my english bad? Heh, ah well.

Anyways, when i press Del in the game, all that comes up is this, and nothing else:

So either it's messed up or i don't understand it.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
-ahem- that's the menu. As you can see, the arrow is pointing to a box labeled 'FL', wich stands for 'frame limiter'. Just press pagedown/pageup to cycle through the options.

BTW, i didn't want to mean that your english is bad, but rather that if your keyboard keys aren't labelled in english, it's easy to mistake that 2 particular keys (happened to me in the past :p ).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ah, now i see.

Many Thanks! With your help and the JoytoKey program, i can now change the speed of the game with the R2 button, or whichever button i want to assign it to. Now I'm ready to play, bound to have lots more problems along the way though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts