Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don t U think that 2d is better than 3d?
I mean:
When U paly a game today like chrono Trigger or Seiken Densetsu 3, U re not shocked by graphisms...

But when U play a game like ff7 for example (which had the best graphics at that time ago), U re surprised to see those ugly MDECS
in front of which U were amazed before...

I want U all to respond!
thx ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yes that's right,I really think the MDECS of FF7 are ugly but I guess people tend not to be shocked by games like CT because it's a mistical game;almost everyone liked it unlike FF7 which many people disliked(I'm one of them,altough I starting to think it's not so bad).
Bye.

C

·
0 Posts
Graphics don't mean everything....

The games that I think are the greatest of all time are 2D...a few have a mix of 3D, though...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Right!
FFVI will always be better than FFVII no matter how beautiful it gets on ePSXe.
Bye.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
IMHO in the "good old days" as the hardware wasn't as good for graphics and audio developers tended to spend more time on the actual gameplay and less on looks. eg Tetris the sound sucks, the graphics are blocky (pun intended) but yet 20 ir so years after it was written people still play it 'cos its fun. On the other hand there are many games that are all just eye candy,eg full octane. Such games are quickly forgotten

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup betamax.

Remember the 40 people working on ff6.
and the hundred ones on ff7.
(and I don t talk about money spent....)

·
Registered
345 Posts
just remember that every console has flashy games that have no gameplay value even the nes had some but like betamax said, those games are forgotten very fast

·
Registered
513 Posts
>eg Tetris the sound sucks
Hehe, in yet another case of how Nintendo can warp a young mind, I happened to think the songs in Tetris were cool ;) It's much like how I doubt I'll ever forget the infernal tune that plays in the old Skip-It ad. "The very best thing of all, there's a counter on this ball..."

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Tetris song B is HIGHLY addictive for the original Gameboy. Might sound like crap for the first couple of hours, but play it for a couple hundred and it sounds much better...

C

·
0 Posts
Tetris rocks, the good old days of throwing my GB at a wall when I would lose....

Memories.... ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
> It's much like how I doubt I'll ever forget the infernal tune that plays in the old Skip-It ad. "The very best thing of all, there's a counter on this ball..."

arrgh, you are evil!! why did have to go and make me remember that crappy commercial?

my thoughts:"ok, just let it go let it go, ah yes thats good......skipping and a jumping and a bop dee bop...aahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
>Evil?
Your not evil, but the song/commercial is.
> Perhaps, but I proved my point no?
Yes that was quite effective.

I actually spent time thinking about that commercial today, and wondering why on earth any one would ever want one of those things. It seems more like a form of punishment than a fun toy. An annoyed parent/babysitter could send a kid outside to do 500 skips and the kid would have to do it because of that damn counter. Skip It is like a modified ball and chain. Now that's evil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts