Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am getting nowhere with dolphin currently. I have read the faq thread here and even some other threads on the net but I cant seem to get a clear instruction. When I try to run luigis mansion, I get an opengl extension error. So I changed the plugin to the direct3d one rather than the opengl plugin and the game opened and the menu came up. However, it gave me a graphics card error saying that it7 s switching to software vertexing or somethhng similar but the game menu came up. Then when I press the start button the emulater gives me a posmtx screen not supported. 36 or something like that. My graphics card is a crappy intel one but I heard there is a way around that. Please help me get dolphin working

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using version 3661 and this is whats happening with the direct 3d plugin. Opengl plugin didnt work. It wont because my card does not support opengl 2.1. What Im asking is how to get past this posmtx error with the direct3d plugin. I cant even get ingame aside from the luiis mansion menu. So could you help me get passed this error? I heard something about the later revision after 3447 not working with intel graphics cards and that has something to do with the direct 3d. Please help me to at least get luigis mansion working. Any help is highly appreciated

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I finally got luigis mansion to run past the menus and into the first movie build 2195 but the minute he enters the mansion I get this ERROR : Trying to compile at 0. LR=800e4694 and the emulator crashes. Is there a solution to this? Also Where can I download the builds from 4200 upwards with the working d3d plugin? The dolphin site seems to only have 3661 for a 32bit system as a download. Thanks for all the help so far

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got a hold of build 4247 and I must say it seems twice as fast as 2195. However I still get that 'ERROR : Trying to compile at 0. LR=800e4694' as luigi enters the mansion in the game opening movie and then dolphin crashes. What is this error?Has anybody else had this error and how does one solve that?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Disable panic handlers in the general configuration tab for Dolphin perhaps?

I've played through the entire game with only a few crashes, but never a crash in the beginning when entering the mansion.

The game crashed after the first baby boss battle, the boo battle and randomly somewhere else in the game. They were just random crashes and didn't occur all the time or in the same spots thus allowing the game to be completed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.