Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps.. so im just wondering.. is there any way you can load your save games from a REAL memory card? i mean.. like i have a multitap, and a psx-to-usb thingy... i can just plug in my multitap with a memory card, and controller in it, so.. say i have a game on my computer, say final fantasy 9 for instance, and i play on my real playstation with saved games.. is it possible for me to load it on epsxe? like i beat the game and i like the ending video but there's like alot of text and stuff and it takes 15 mins to get to that part.. so is it possible for me to like load that part of the game on epsxe and i can just use a save state to load it or something?? heh hope that wasn't too confusing.... ok thanks :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't know about multitaps, but I've used a DexDrive to do exactly what you're talking about. Last I saw, you could get them through Amazon.

I suspect that your multitap has a dual plug; it's designed to plug simultaneously into a controller port and a memcard port. And that when you plug it into your USB adapter, you only plug in the controller part. Is that correct?

If it is, then you're out of luck without something like a DexDrive; the multitap's memory card circuitry is connected directly to the memory card plug, and since that's dangling...

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
I suspect that your multitap has a dual plug; it's designed to plug simultaneously into a controller port and a memcard port. And that when you plug it into your USB adapter, you only plug in the controller part. Is that correct?
the PS2 one does that. the old school PS1 "boomerang" (as i call it) only plugs into the controller slot (and not memory card at all). i think this is interesting, it proves that memory card data does can through the controller port. hmm, i wonder if anyone has thought of that yet...you may be onto something pretty2tuff...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, hushypushy, you're right - I checked it out and the boomerang multitap has four memcard slots but no plug, so the PS1 must access the cards directly through the controller port!

However, for that to work with a PC USB Dualshock adapter, the adapter driver software would have to support that function. I've never heard of one that does.

Which leads me back to my original recommendation: a DexDrive. Which can be had (new!) for under $20.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.