Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I downloaded the lastest version of epsxe and it work alright, but it was tad slow when running games with high settings. So i download epsxe 1.0.1 , got all the plugins and memory files and guess what, well epsxe 1.0.1 is the best version.

My computer specs:

Windows 98 SE, 512megs of ram, PIII 600MHZ, 20GB, Sound card / does not support hardware buffer, ATI radeon 7000 64MB PCI Graphics card

I can play the psx games that i own at 1024x768 16bit or 32bit color and set all of the graphic options to FAST, most of the time i use NICE tho, and i am using Pete's D3D Version 1.4.1.

And man do these games run fast, too quick. So i suggest if you having trouble with the newest version, you might wanna go back to version 1.0.1.

:dance:

Also, dont forget when changing your video settings, change the video card in the device settings if your video card will show up.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well they are running too quick because you probably didnt enable fps limit ;)

and your system is good enough to run ePSXe normally, you shouldn't have any trouble with ePSXe 1.6.0 and D3D 1.76.

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WindHydra: I'm not comparing nothing, i'm just saying the old version might be better for some people , rather then the lastest one. And i sometimes switch back and forth between fast and nice settings, but i run games at full speed at 1024x768 16bit or 32bit color.

hushypushy: I dont know why, but i cant seem to run psx games at good speed using the lastest version of epsxe or D3D 1.76. Everything works out for the best tho, and the old version is best for me.

I also use bleem, which i think is the best psx emulator ever made.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
The General said:
I also use bleem, which i think is the best psx emulator ever made.
WHY?! what year are you living in? Bleem used to be incredibly badass--it was the first time i ever saw PSX emulation in action and it blew me away. i still love my MGS on Bleemcast. Rand himself is a great guy and he pops his head in to NGEmu every once in a while. but by now, Bleem is far outdated. it was great for compatibility and speed, but now, several years later, the other (PSemu Pro based) emulators have passed it up as far as interface and graphics, and compatibility (in some cases).

PS. if for some reason, ePSXe 1.01 doesnt work for you, you should probably try a newer version, they made those newer versions for a reason :rolleyes:

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Epsxe works fine and i do have a copy of one of the lastest versions of epsxe just in case a game that i own wont work, but i also have a psx one next to my n64, either way i'm cool.

And about bleem, well i dont care if its outdated or i dont care if it came out years ago. I am not the type of person to forget about the past games, as do most people. All because something is outdated doesnt make it bored or stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.