Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im playing the re2 dualshock edition iso version and during camera changes, it would stop and i would have to "fast forward" to hurry it up... with out the fram limit thingy, it would take me about 10 seconds just to switch camera sequences...
and sometimes when i leave the room, the game would either crash, or do what i explained before...
it happened to me with re3 but not nearly as much and as long...

i have to use the soft driver for my graphics...
oh yea, and some of the cut scenes lose there voices which is annoying since i like the resident evil storyline...:heh:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I remember having the issue where sound cut off, but I don't get it anymore.

The sound settings (using the Eternal SPU plug-in) are DirectSound with a buffer size of 32, and the audio out method is set to SPUasync in smooth mode. Leave the bottom three boxes unchecked (I have the top one checked now, but I was likely playing Final Fantasy IX last, so I'm not sure if that'll need turned off or if it can be left on).

I'm not sure of the camera pauses, but are you running it from the disc itself or from an ISO? If it's a disc, that may be why. Otherwise, maybe the CD-Rom plug-in is configured incorrectly for the game?

I'm using the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0, which needs nothing configured (I have no check for subchannel reading), and it's worked fine for Resident Evil 2 and 3 for me.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Pausing like that seems strange, especially if pressing the frame limit removal key temporarily speeds up the pause. If it happened with Resident Evil 3 as well, even if not to quite the same extent, I'd wager there's some issue in the configuration somewhere.

Why not post your video and CD-Rom plug-in configurations for a start, and to cover the basics, when you post the configuration, list the CPU, GPU, and amount of RAM as well?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pausing like that seems strange, especially if pressing the frame limit removal key temporarily speeds up the pause. If it happened with Resident Evil 3 as well, even if not to quite the same extent, I'd wager there's some issue in the configuration somewhere.

Why not post your video and CD-Rom plug-in configurations for a start, and to cover the basics, when you post the configuration, list the CPU, GPU, and amount of RAM as well?
i use peops soft driver (i have a weak gpu) and i use the epsxe core 1.7.0
i have a chrom gpu...i forgot the full name...and uhh...i can't remember )or find) the other stuff...
but is my computer is strong enough to play ff8 perfect, than it should be strong enough to preform this:(

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Well, as far as I know, anything called "SIS Chrome" is onboard video, and bad onboard video at that.

I'm not sure what to make of it. If the game runs full speed normally, and just pauses when switching screens, I'd wager it's not a lack of hardware power, but rather a configuration issue.

Final Fantasy VIII is hard to get fully perfect, so I'm surprised you got that working, but this one is giving you trouble.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
He is using peops which is CPU dependent not gpu, thats why he got FF8 up and running (and peops has the highest compatibility without having to do some "advance" settings like with the others). I'l have a friend bring me he's RE2 disks and test it a little to see whats what.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Ah, that's right. I'd wager and hope the CPU is fast enough, but it was never listed what it is. I'm going to roughly guess it's some Athlon, based on the onboard video itself. My old Pentium III 800MHz couldn't run full speed in software mode in Final Fantasy IX (namely, it slowed to 35FPS-40FPS in the menus, which were framebuffer limited and hard for a CPU to do). This, along with the slow GPU, might make for pauses and hitches during scene changes.

Like I said a few posts back, providing system specifications (Windows key plus Puase/Break key) and plug-in configurations would help.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
It depended on the resolution set and the stretching method with a lower res and one of the first 3 options it would run without problem.
Now about the problem at hand i tried it and i had similar symptoms although not as nasty as his (i dont even know if it could even pass as a problem actually, since until reaching the police station i had 2 hangs but it was only for a sec) except for Peops Soft plugin (strange this one had the more hangs especially with filtering stretching).
Anyway you could try switching to an older version of ePSXe, i try'd 1.52 which worked good not even one hang, or for the best compatibility i would recommend pSX.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think something was wrong with the iso cause at a certain point (when claire first meets annette birkin) the game freezes and i hear random conversations betweens the little girl and ada

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.