Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whenever there's a cutscene, fmv or the opening movie when playing a new game the sound and the dialogues sounds.. choppy. It's like they're stuttering or something. I use OpenGL 1.76 for the video and I've used Eternal SPU 1.41 with both ePSXe 1.6 and 1.7 and I've also tried using the config that Delta 2.01 suggested but the sound still sounds off. Here's my spec:
Processor: AMD Sempron 2600+
Memory: 1 GB DDR
Video: Nvidia GeForce4 MX 4400
Soundcard: Realtek AC97 Audio

EDIT: Oh I'd also add that I'm using an img file and it's not the problem because it works fine in psX as long as it's not fullscreen, I also made a thread about it. And RE2 = Resident Evil 2 in case anyone's wondering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just used the default setting of Eternal SPU and I also tried it with these settings:
Audo device: DirectSound
Buffer size: 20
Audio out method: SPUasync
Async mode: Wait
Show realtime config window: Unchecked
Cache Vag decode: Unchecked
Fine tune: 0
Reverb: Off
Update before accessing register: Unchecked
SPU IRQ - Checked/SPU IRQ - Force interruption flag7: Unchecked

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I assumed you were talking about my sound plug-in but you know what they say about assumptions... It makes an ass out fo you and umptions.. Anyway, here's the settings for the GPU:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 4000/AGP/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 1
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
^I meant I tried both the default settings and one that Delta recommended. I'll edit this post when I'm done trying the plug-in.

EDIT: The beginning FMV sequence's audio worked but when I get to the part where Leon is confronted by Annette the dialogue stops midway ("You didn't know, did you? You're so gullib--") but the characters are still moving and making hand gestures.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
that doesn't mean anything, psxfin doesn't use a plugin system, bad rips can work better or worse depending on the plugins.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
try CDR Sapu 1.3, and mount the disk using Daemon Tools,

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
The beginning FMV sequence's audio worked but when I get to the part where Leon is confronted by Annette the dialogue stops midway
Do you mean all the previous dialogs worked fine?

I had a similar problem with RE3 a while ago (with all the dialogs). The solution was to switch on the subchannel reading in the CD plugin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^Yep the previous worked... I'll try that.

EDIT: I have never tried mounting it on a virtual drive and to my surprise the game won't even run if it was jsut mounted. I'm getting cd read errors, I guess it is a bad rip. Thanks anyway guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.