Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm new to the epsxe thing, so maybe this problem is in general, but i've only tried it on resident evil 1 and 2. i tried searching the boards and can't find anything, so if this problem has already been addressed, my bad. anyhoo... to some it up, in both games, the backgrounds and interactive objects are really blurry and when you shoot a zombie, when it dies there is supposed to be a pool of blood beneath it so you know it is dead, but there isn't in the emulator. i have onboard video, but it's fairly new, i think i have 64 mb, but my hardware profile won't let me know. any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried those and the problem is still there. i'm pretty sure it's not a video card problem because my laptop is barely over a year old and it can play quite a few higher end games. for example, it plays war of the ring just as well as my 64 mb video card on my desktop. the rest of the game plays fine, nice response and character models, the in game movies play just fine, my ONLY problems are the background and interactive objects being fuzzy and the blood from dead zombies isn't showing up (which any RE fan can tell you is kind of nice so you don't go walking over a live one). maybe it's just a setting that i have wrong?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
The interactiv objects being fuzzy sound like a filtering thing to me, you might want to adjust your settings ingame using the menu brought up by pressing DEL, so that you can see the changes on the fly :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the filtering doesn't seem to be changing a thing. thx anyhoo though! any other ideas? like i said, the fuzziness/lack of blood seems to be the only problems. thx in advance!

edit: i tried setting it up on my desktop just to see if my laptop wasn't good enough. it had the same problem. i have a geforce 2 mx400 or 440 or whatever. i haven't nerded about my computer for a while, so i forget these things lol. plz help! i included (or tried to) a screenshot so you can see what i mean. the shield is way too obvious and the lamp is blurry, but the character model is crisp.

edit #2: i added a screen to show the general lack of a pool of blood also (just in case it helps). those zombies are beyond dead and there is no pool of blood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many apologies for double posting, but i've decided to post my specs just in case that has anything to do with it:

here is how i have epsxe configured:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: Microsoft Corporation
GFX card: GDI Generic

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

and my gfx card is a 64 MB geforce 2 MX400.
also, I ran dxdiag on my laptop and it is also 64 MB (onboard). I've driven myself crazy trying to figure this out! plz plz plz help!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
it doesnt matter, everything since the TNT2 (that includes geforce, excludes the go 7800GTX and some other videocards that im sure you dont have) uses the same driver. go to nvidia.com and go to the drivers section, it's self explanatory.

although, if you want the best performance, you should use drivers from when your card came out to optimize performance. to find out what card you have, go to the desktop, right click-->properties, then go to the Settings tab and it's right there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.