Next Generation Emulation banner

7061 - 7080 of 7130 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
So as i said i'm planning on watching a few movies this weekend, first of Jeepers Creepers 3:

Its a weird one, its totally different then the previous ones, but at the same time it had the same vibe as the previous ones, feels less horrorish though. There's quite some bad CG in it and when its not intergrated right, some actors are surprisingly good but other bad, yet despite this i actually enjoyed it, want a 4th installment though!

PS: weird even if its called 3 its in between 1 and 2 in the timeline lol.

Spiderman Homecoming:

To be quite honest i really loved it! There are good changes and bad changes, it felt like the previous spiderman reboot had more bad ones as far as i was concerned then good ones, but this reboot felt so awesome! Really love the new vibe they gave everything and it was interesting seeing a more realistic portrail of a kid ending up with super powers, mainly his excitement and childish sides when confronting the sudden changes and power gained, do want more!

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Black Panther.
10/10

Best Marvel movie yet.

Great cast, settings, story and a great villain.
Highly recommend this.

·
retired
8,103 Posts
Tomb Raider 8/10

Surprisingly, it doesn't suck. IMO the movie's writing is better than the game (ROTTR's story is cheesy as ****). Although I do have problem with
Richard Croft being alive, and all the supernatural stuff are not in the movie
but then again, I guess it works for the movie, overall it's an enjoyable flick, better than expected.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
Title: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2283362 )

Rate: 14/20

Oh well. I cannot say I wasn't strongly against watching this movie, thinking it was a stupid Hollywood reboot. It's in fact a real sequel to the first one.

The plot ? Well, basic but well introduced. The main issue is they reversed it. Now, Jumanji doesn't enter in the players' world anymore, that's the players that enter the world of Jumanji, completely; It's an interesting POV but it lacks the emotional impact of the first movie, making you feel the Jumanji game is...less..."strong"/"dangerous" than before because the consequences are now very "localized".

The characters lacks deepness but they are convincing nonetheless. You can genuinely feel Dwayne Johnson and his team liked their roles, having fun playing teenagers trapped in adults bodies. Kudos to Jack Black and Kevin Hart, who will succeed to put at least a smile on your face at nearly every of their speech.

For the ambiance, it's more kiddy, teenage like and less serious than in the first. They took the funny road and it's not a bad thing ( I had a couple of good laughs ) but the suspense is nearly completely gone and the rhythm feels really less cleverly paced mainly due to the fact the dices are no more. Add to this they are ZERO consequences on the real world anymore ( you no longer wonder "Dammit, what are they going to unleash into the real world this time ?" ) and you have one of the biggest weaknesses of this sequel.

Of course, they put enough money is the visuals and you won't be disappointed. The action scenes are well done, but don't expect them to make your jaw drop.

TL;DR: In conclusion, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a good family movie, but fails to reach the levels of its predecessor.

I don't know if they plan another sequel, but I think a prequel ( relating the origin of the Jumanji's game ) would be a GREAT idea. Or at least, a sequel delving into this would be greatly appreciated, at least by me. I really wanted to know more about since the first.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Saw that movie the other day.
Agree that is a good family movie.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Deadpool 2

Deadpool was the smash romantic comedy of the year, but in a genre defying swerve, Deadpool 2 establishes itself as the family movie that none of us knew we needed. Sharp dialogue with an incredibly poignant view on what makes building trust between people so unique, the story beat is on its own wavelength, making it far more watchable and relatable that only a few Marvel movies have come close to realising. Deadpool is outstandingly hilarious with a uniquely strong story that stands in it's own right and does not disappoint.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Great to hear praises.

Going with friends to watch it next week.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Deadpool 2

Deadpool was the smash romantic comedy of the year, but in a genre defying swerve, Deadpool 2 establishes itself as the family movie that none of us knew we needed. Sharp dialogue with an incredibly poignant view on what makes building trust between people so unique, the story beat is on its own wavelength, making it far more watchable and relatable that only a few Marvel movies have come close to realising. Deadpool is outstandingly hilarious with a uniquely strong story that stands in it's own right and does not disappoint.

It wouldn't say it was that good, 7.7 maybe, but damn the references came thick and fast, much more than the first.
Pity it didn't seem to have much local interest. Ok it was the first show of the day but there were only 10 of us in the theatre.
Hope it picks up.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I'd actually be happy if we have less people in the theater.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
A Quiet Place. I'm not usually a fan of horror films, as they all mostly fall into a few plot categories, but this was actually a really interesting deviation from the norm. 1.2 million stars out of a possible 1.4 million cupcakes.

Also, I rewatched a Serbian Film recently with a friend because he was curious. It was just as fucked up as I remember. Negative 9 gorillas out of 118 butterflies.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well i watched the latest Avengers movie, it was awesome, a bit of a cliffhanger, less comedy then previously, but a good movie none the less. Though its not just that i've seen it, but how i've seen it, watching it on my 21:9 monitor really made the experience of watching movies refreshing, this 34" display is really awesome not just for gaming but watching movies as well has a nice immersive feel to it, i'm really glad i got this monitor :).

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Robin Hood

Lmao, that was not a great movie, felt like the child of Michael Bay put it together, but for a generic big budget action film it had some moments, just lol at the overall idea of making a call of duty movie with bows and arrows.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Ralph Wrecks the Internet 8/10.

I loved Wreck it Ralph and this movie was enjoyable as well. Even Charline laughed a bit watching the movie. It had some serious moments and Disney even made fun of itself via their princesses. I'll probably snag the movie when it gets released.

·
Thiccachu (Chubbychu AKA Pikachu-bby/Pikachu-BBW)
3,678 Posts
Spiderman: Into The Spider-Verse: 9/10

Imma just copy my Letterboxd review here:

"Yeah, I think it's a Banksy."

This is the best Spiderman feature film. By far. The original Spiderman holds a special place in my heart, but this is the best. Easily the best.

Also easily the most gorgeous film I've seen this year (ever?). The scenes at night were bursting with colour, sharp and crisp. Then of course, you can't not talk about that cel-shaded beauty, that comic book look. Glorious. I am genuinely curious as to the work that went into achieving the imagery.

The score and soundtrack were amazing, the latter quite hip-hop oriented, but it worked perfectly. Voice acting was great as well.

The humour was well balanced, and the story had enough heart. They were able to give each Spiderperson enough attention not to make any feel too focused on, yet not to make any feel left out.

I'm glad I watched this. A visual spectacle, and absolute fun, I definitely recommend watching this movie. Absolutely.

Oscar winner for Best Animated Feature? I'd say so.

Watch it. And the post-credits scene was worth it.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Venom: Awesome/Awesome

The movie starts of generic as hell, but halfway through it really starts picking up and getting better and better, really loving Venom's and Broke's "heart to heart" conversations lol, really hope this gets a sequel, the movie did well reinventing Venom, his still one of my top favorite Marvel characters, actually i think he is my favorite.

7061 - 7080 of 7130 Posts