Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 7131 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Rambo

Directed by Sylvester Stallone, the newly resurrected franchise is bolder in visceral content than previous installments. Stallone typically mumbles his way through the script, yet the action sequences are truly hardcore in content. Highlights include using an anti-air machine gun to at point blank range eviscerate a human being. The exposure he delivers about the horrors of Burma which may be sickening to western audiences are according to Stallone only the tip of the iceberg when it comes down to what happens over there. Best to watch this one when the girlfriend is out.

8.2/10

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
I saw "The man who was Superman".
It's a korean movie with an insane man as a protagonist. The first part is boring and the jokes are way too stupid but the ending was horrible, it made me shed a tear of two.

Just for that I give it an 8.5/10

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
I watched My wife is a Gangster 8/10
it very funny and the action sequences are not bad either
currently watching delightful girl choon Hyang

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
The Happening, and you know whats Happening? Nothing this movies a piece of crap, dont bother not even worth a rent.
4/10

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
The Happening, and you know whats Happening? Nothing this movies a piece of crap, dont bother not even worth a rent.
4/10
I saw it last week and I thought that in was "interesting" and "disturbing". Not on my favorite movie list, but it doesn't fail completely because it disturbed me, which not many movies can do (lawnmower scene and tiger scene).

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
Clerks 2
awesome

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Alien Vs Predator Requiem

This release promised more balls to the wall action than the previous PG rated AVP. Yes the movie does sport more gore guts and glory however there are issues with this movie, firstly the characters are plain, ordinary and you care not for their well being. Secondly and this is a major turnoff for the entire series is that the threat of the Aliens are relatively minor. What ever happened to the day where a single Xenomorph could dismantle the entire crew of a ship yet a whole town full presents a threat not greater than the common cold? A bit disappointing overall.

7.5/10

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Kids die in that movie, in bad ways, I must add. For that reason alone, I must recommend that movie. Hollywood is too nice to children. Kids are evil, manipulating bastards that need to be exterminated with the Alien species.

1,834 Posts
The blond girl got cut by half =( i don't like when beautiful women dies... lol

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
This movie is about both what is so ****ed up up the USA's Medical Insurance system, and about what every father should be ready to do for his child. This movie speaks to me because the **** I've been through makes me want to make my future children's lifes good, no matter what I have to do to make it happen.

This movie is about a guy whos kid has an enlarged heart and needs a transplant. But because of his lack of decent insurance the hospital won't even put him on the list of people to recieve a heart. This leads to him holding the hospital hostage until his son's name is added to the list. It even gets to the point where he is willing to blow his own brains out so he can get his heart. I won't say anything more because I don't want to spoil it. But really, thats what I think any man should be ready to do for his kid.
Watched that movie a few years ago, and while on an individual level I can feel for the parent situation, on a social level what he did cannot be allowed for any reason at all. No society can survive in a long term level if every individual take extreme solutions to his own problems that put the overall society well being in jeopardy. As such, I cannot condone the act of an individual that disturbs society as a whole, for whatever reason.

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
We could argue that what we have today is thanks to those very same people who disturbed to society as a whole, had a following, made revolutions and shaped the world without relative oppresion as we have it today. I don't know why we tend believe what we have right now will be eternal and will only be modified with men in suits in a congress. Hundred of years of history tell us otherwise.

41 - 60 of 7131 Posts