Next Generation Emulation banner

9561 - 9570 of 9570 Posts

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Gardfield Kart Furious Racing PC/Steam.

I like the game, but with the save bug that affects a lot of gamers, myself included, I can't suggest this game until or unless it gets fixed.

Losing all items every time you quit the game sucks and it makes a fun game less fun.

If it gets fixed, I'll do a new review, but I can't support buying the game as is at the moment.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
A Plague Tale: Innocence
8/10

What a great game!!! Asobo isn't a developer I personally looked to play their games but this game surprised me a lot. From the start its clear the game is a AA game but damn is the game addictive. The action and puzzles were great and the game design in general was not bad either. The story is very immersive and something you want to keep playing to the end.

As a AA game obviously few things to complain here such as bad AI, sometimes weird look and dumb enemies but overall a surprise and a game I personally recommend everyone to give a try. This game is another example why I personally love game pass as I would never come to the idea to purchase it.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Apparently I've edited too many posts in a while, but I wanted to mention the save bug in Garfield Kart Furious Racing has been fixed.

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot (PC) 8/10

Inferior gameplay when compared to Xenoverse 1 & 2, simple rpg elements (level up, Skill trees), some of the story was rushed, missing, or censored when compared to the anime series. Other than that I had a great experience with this game as a fan of DBZ, but I would wait for this game to be on sale.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
10/10

I wanted to play the game in the past but for some reasons I never got my hands in the game. The game is fantastic in every possible way and the graphics and level design are nothing but stunning. It show once again that a good game don't require super realistic graphics to be awesome.

The only downside is that I beat the game using the Yuzu emulator and sadly I can't see the ending as the emulator don't support videos I believe.

·
Administrator
15,418 Posts
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
10/10

I wanted to play the game in the past but for some reasons I never got my hands in the game. The game is fantastic in every possible way and the graphics and level design are nothing but stunning. It show once again that a good game don't require super realistic graphics to be awesome.

The only downside is that I beat the game using the Yuzu emulator and sadly I can't see the ending as the emulator don't support videos I believe.
youtube :p

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Moonlighter Between Dimensions DLC.

I haven't finished all the stages, but it is fun and if you enjoy the base game its worth buying on a sale to give you some more reasons to play the game and fight new bosses, obtain new weapons, and enjoy playing the game.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Cat Quest II Steam/PC

Its a fun simple action rpg where you control 2 characters, a cat and a dog battling monsters and other characters.

I enjoyed the not so serious story and finished the main quest in under 13 hours, There are still quests to be played after the story is finished...

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts
I've cleared the first chapter of Read Dead Redemption 2 (the tutorial basically) and I'm so frustrated waiting for the game to open up. It's a slow game so far, full of canned moments with very small amounts of interaction with the player. The firefights are ok, but for the most amount of time I held the A button and watched a pretty shitty cowboy movie. Standard rockstar really.

It's also sluggish to play, again rockstar design at play, simple things like opening draws and picking up objects is a pretty slow affair, when I'm already competent enough to play videogames being handheld and forced to wait is a bit annoying.

It is a beautiful game, at 4k and mostly set to ultra (no ambient occlusion) I'm getting just around 30fps (heavily in the 20's) on my 1080ti, dropping to .9x resolution fixes it and makes it smoother, but it is simply a stunning looking game. The voice acting is top stuff, the animations are so much better, the cutscenes are more lively and active than previous games, clearly a lot of attention has been put into production.

I'm on chapter 2, the game should be opened up now, let's see how the pacing goes. So far I'm frustrated, but intrigued to keep playing.

9561 - 9570 of 9570 Posts