Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
PSP gaming lately.

Outrun 2006 Coast 2 coast, great racing game for a portable with many unlockables, 9/10.

Midway Extended Treasures, Decent portable Mortal Kombat, I'm hooked on Wizard of Wor which is emulated better here than anywhere else, including MAME, and Gauntlet, plus a few other games. 10/10.

Activision Classics Remixxed. Atari 2600 emulation, all legal, 90% of the games I want, what's not to like, but controls could be better. 8.5/10.

Atari pack, stupid way to unlock Atari 2600 games "forced" me to cheat, but great Atari Arcade games, although it's weird rotating the game 90 degrees. 7.5/10

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Obscure still sounds like fun for gamers like me who reek at Resident Evil!

;)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
lol I tried Obscure on the PS2 at my friends place some time back (hadn't ever heard of this game ever before). The game's a POS. The cut-scenes are extremely boring and excruciatingly long, you have no f***ing clue what's going on or what you're supposed to be doing (and why).....the end result after 15 minutes was a broken disc and some pissed off boys :lol: Then we just started playing FIFA 09 xD

About Shift: Played 2 races, pretty good, nothing special so far though (probably cuz I'm using keyboard to play).
You probably could have sold the CD/DVD for a decent profit and purchased a better game, why smash the game? oO :cry: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
How does a game (software) cause a RROD (Hardware?)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Starting Jeanne D'Arc, it's a very difficult game at times, in some campaigns, lose 1 character and lose the game! :eek: oO ! I'm barely 2 hours into the game!

It's fun, I'll do a review when I finish it!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
just played a ton of Torchlight at a friends. holy balls it was cool. i'm too logged with games right now, but if theres a steam sale i'll have no choice but to get it. its has its quarks, and missing things like multiplayer, but there's so many solid ideas (having your pet run back to town to sell your loot! AWSOME!) i'd rate it a solid 8/10
He isn't anyone's best friend!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
New Super Mario Bros wii

played this over the weekend with a friend, haven't much fun with mario games since super mario world. This game is oldschool style and feels like a new game because of the multiplayer element. Some parts of the game is easy and some are hard (mostly ****ing up by getting in each other way). It does remind me a lot about SMB3 cuz its the same bosses besides the inclusion of Bowser Jr. This was the game wii needed since it doesn't have many AAA games. 9/10
The DS version of New Super Mario Bros is EXCELLENT!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
yea but the wii version is so much better than the DS game, I would rather play on it on a big TV than a tiny screen. I prefer the wii version cuz it has old arranged mario music, instead of the crap on the DS game. Also the fact the wii version has a level editor so you can recreate levels from past mario games.
I wasn't trying to compare them, just stating I :wub: the DS version, from what you said, I should really love the Wii version. I hope to get it next year... :thumb:

Of course the fact New Super Mario DS kept me happy in the hospital when I had my 4th open heart surgery last year might color my opinion of the game! :evil: :innocent:

I joked with my sweetie Charline that I got ticked off when I had to recharge my DS lite and the IV was getting in my way of getting to the plug! :p

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Perhaps... if there ever was a textbook mario game, it was that one. Perfectly executed formula, but, IMO, no feeling to be found anywhere. To me, it was some perfected production formula, but not a game with any feeling in it.
To me it was the best homage to everything that was great about the 2D Super Mario Bros games, it took the best of the series and put it into a game, I'm hoping that the Wii version will be similar.

I'm unsure you can get "feeling" in any 2D platformer? Could you please give an example of a 2D platformer that had "feeling?"

oO

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Doom and Wolfenstein 3D are on the GBA and they work "ok", at least people are willing to pay ridiculous amounts for Doom and Doom 2 on the GBA (not me!)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Completed 7 Wonders II on "easy" mode, sucked at it, barely made a score on the list, but it was fun.

Playing Torchlight, it's fun, but damn, some times you have to run so you can drink a health potion. Still its a lot of fun and easily worth the $5 I sent on it! I should get a number of hours out of this game, and supposedly it will go MMO later on as well.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
While my PC was toast I played through the New Super Mario Bros for the Wii, except for the last part of the boss fight, I loved the game. It easily is the best Wii game ever made IMSHO. There needs to be a sequel!

I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 3, but dammit, I hate the controls on it even though I know it improves the game. Metroid Prime 3 is very nice, but I don't think I'd like Metroid Prime 1 or 2 with the Wiimote.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
But Batman Arkham Asylum is so great with the stealth!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
D:

WHY THE HELL AM I SO SLOW????????????????????

*cries*
Girls can't play video games! :evil:

***WHAM!**** Ouch! What did I say Charline? :innocent: :???:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I think girls can be great players if they want to..
Of course, I was just teasing her and my sweetie! (Charline) :p

Charline has been a great competitor, she beats me at Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, and we had great fights on Samurai Shodown 3, :wub: but she still can't beat my Mai, Terry, Yuri combo on the King of Fighter / Capcom vs SNK games! :evil: :thumb:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Burnout paradise 9/10 I love the game and the graphics are awesome
Which version? XBOX360, PS3, or PC?

I dunno why these games can't have the option of a GPS? It may be hard to code, but frag, many cars have such capability and can have it added...

Optional, but it should be an option.

:evil: :innocent:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I purchased a puzzle game called Quantz on Steam, it's on sale for $3 at the moment. I've cleared 5 levels in a little over an hour of gameplay.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
oO
Didn't know it was that good.

Please review when you're done. :D
Yeah, I'd like to hear a review too as when I get a 360, I may want to buy the game as well...

Oh wait, I forget, gamers are all software pirates, right? :evil: :angry: :p oO

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Yeah, eh? I found Suikoden 3 to be the best. One of the only villains who actually pissed me off.
I'm thinking of buying the first one for the PSP / Playstation Download. I have the 3rd one but haven't tried it yet. It's too bad the 2nd one isn't out for the PSP Download.

Any thoughts on getting the 1st one for the PSP? and will I like the 3rd one? what about the 4th one?

oO

1 - 20 of 475 Posts