Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my first wallpaper yesterday so what do you guys think of it, bareing (sp?) in mind this is the first time i have used photoshop

The girl is Xenia Seeberg who plays Xev in a Sci-Fi show called Lexx

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The edges look kinda rushed. Perhaps people won't notice though. :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
everyone has his 'starts' in everything, let's hope that mods won't grumble about that little bit of nudity ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
the edges are not the worst... <.<
but the filter (plastic? xP) is really bad. if you are new in photoshop, dont use filters to try a profesional look, mostly you get a result like this ~_~.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I dunno if its just me, but she has quite spooky gaze. Thought her eyes are not whats truly drawing my eyes.... errr... i mean, its very nice wallpaper. Little bit sawy edges around that babe, but its still very nice. Veeeeeeery nice indeed.... :lol:

:emb:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Meh, there's no nudity in there. You don't even get a glance at her nipples ... :p

The edgesdo look rushed. If yuo are using Photoshop I suggest you try the polygonal lasso tool ;) You get very precise edges :) I personally like the plastic effect. It does indeed give the illusion of water.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Plastic effect looks good. the only thing i feel should be done again is the edges... seems like you used the eraser tool to make your cutout which is really not the best way. Like RB said, the polygonal lasso tool will make a much cleaner cut. and iinm RB has a guide on how to use this tool correctly in his Sig tutorial thread

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
the girl is ugly (well at least to me) so I dont like it at all, I guess u actually did a good job but the girl is just too ugly ack!

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have made a new version

I re did the babe (still with eraser though - didn't like the lassoo tool) and changed the background to a different effect

and I just can't see how anyone could think Xenia Seeberg is ugly she is very hot

S

·
0 Posts
well, as the others say, redo the edges...and remove that name in comic sans...it ruins it.
As for the girl... I can't tell if she's hot...too much makeup to see. ;p

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there uploaded the new version to my last post as an edit

I didnt change the name because it goes under the start bar anyway so I dont really care

and she god damn is hot

S

·
0 Posts
Same problems, but less.... as for the effect, I like both.

and you don't have to curse to make your point. Not everyone has the same taste as you.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know that not every one has the same tastes but saying that Xenia seeberg is ugly is just wierd like saying Margaret Thatcher is ugly
*gets idea for next wallpaper*

S

·
0 Posts
I didn't say she was ugly, but the pic gives me the idea she's wearing a lot of makeup.
I was just wondering what she'd look like without :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Her lips look like a frickin' duck ... Maybe she got stung by a lot of bee's. Other than her grotesque lips, the rest is alright.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts