Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get this game to work I can only get as far as to when they fly to the first planet then it freezes. I am running Pcsx2 0.9.5 and my comp specs are good enough to play it.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
The game is not listed in the compatibility list so chances are that it may not be playable at all.
Try searching through the screenshots thread to see if some one has already tried the game.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The game is listed in the compatibility list as of now, as playable. From the description, it seems that that means you could at least see gameplay for a split second. Unfortunately, I have the same problem as Kyr0. The game crashes on the loading screen, as soon as the spaceship becomes hidden by the planet- right before it finishes loading.

I am using 0.9.6, set up as reccomended. I tried speed hacks, I tried without, I tried setting things up differently, but I just can't get the game to load.

EDIT: I put in Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and it had the same problem in the same exact place.

·
Retro gamer
136 Posts
Crashes when you visit the first planet? I remember that happening to Ratchet and Clank Size matters too then I used a different plugin and that solved the problem. I got to the final boss Otto in Size Matters. I used the Gxdx9 0.11.3 graphics plugin. You could try running the game with that plugin. It may fix the crashing problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Size matters does work but is only a bad port from psp and it is not done by insomniac. All of the first 4 r&c game stops when flying to the planet at the first intro so they are not yet playable. I hope that the pcsx2 team founds a way to fix them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Size matters does work but is only a bad port from psp and it is not done by insomniac. All of the first 4 r&c game stops when flying to the planet at the first intro so they are not yet playable. I hope that the pcsx2 team founds a way to fix them.
so um what you are saying is size matters is playable or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried GSdx9v11-3, didn't change anything at all. I tried it on all three of the games I own. Unfortunately, I don't own Ratchet: Deadlocked or Size Matters for PS2, so I can't comment on those. (From what I've heard though, I'm glad I've only played the PSP version.)

I babysit my cousin a lot though, and I figured that these would be the perfect game for him to play. Bringing my PS2 to his house is a bit of overkill, but my MBP goes everywhere I go, so it'd be a good way for him to play it. That, and the 360 controller beats Dualshock [insert console number here] any day. Even he thinks so, and he doesn't know the word ergonomics yet.

EDIT: By the way, High Impact Games, the team that made Size Matters, is comprised of Insomniac members.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bump for a question:

Has anyone tried loading up a save and playing? I doubt that it would work, because apparently all four of the first games have problems loading the first level, so it's probably not a level-specific problem, but it should be tried anyway. You never know...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great news. All of the ratchet games goes now ingame. I have posted some screenies in the screenshot thread. Now we only need the graphics to be fixed, then they might become playable.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts