Next Generation Emulation banner

29301 - 29320 of 29326 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Misaligned page number is driving me crazy.
Like somebody hit the space bar where it shouldn't.

And the "Cool" banner on top. ugh
And don't start me with the "ne" page icon, like dude that's not our identity.
The colors are off.
Give this gig to Samor, Fadingz, Miretank, niku, DinJerr or snicko.

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
When I noticed it, it was very strange.
Did I ever put my country in my profile?
Its a new feature that's enabled by default and was retroactively enabled for existing members. Even if you didnt set your country it will submit that data when you post. Disable it in your privacy options.
(in particular, set 'View your location details on your profile' and 'View your location details when you post' to noone)

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
I frankly have no will to visit here anymore, this place seems to have lost its identity. Looks so generic and wonky.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,451 Posts
I don't mind most of the changes but would like an "old school" color scheme preset and I think some of the site preference defaults need adjustment. Also, the logo...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
In my latest attempt to quit smoking, I tried the nicotine gum. Hard to say if it worked - I no longer have the urge to smoke but now I'm addicted to nicotine gum. Lesser of two evils, I suppose. Nicotine itself is fairly harmless.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

Well hell, they're really trying to destroy the forum now, huh? Native advertising is fucking bullshit. I'm just waiting for posts like "Coca-Cola does WHAT? 10 tips they don't want you to know!"

RIP NGEmu.

·
Not a new member
236 Posts
I don't get any ads, but there's 2 little things on the right-hand side, both of which mean nothing to me.

One says "BBB Accredited Business" and the other says "GDPR Compliant".
I'm not going to investigate what these are, as i don't think I want to know.

I can see that uBlock Origin blocked 5 sites, so maybe that took care of the ads.

·
Super Moderator
13,059 Posts
Someone should create an Ngemu Discord server.
Kirby did a while ago. Mostly for downtimes, people unable to login, coordinate netplay sessions and as a general alternative to ancient IRC for folks who prefer their random banter realtime.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
My brain, 8 AM - 10PM: Dude you didn't get enough sleep you're gonna be exhausted and feel miserable and accomplish nothing all day. You should probably consider going to bed early tonight.

My brain, in bed at 10:01 PM: DUDE YOU ARE SO AWAKE RIGHT NOW. LETS GET SHIT DONE! LETS BUILD A DESK -- YOU HAVE SOME OF THAT NICE CEDAR PLYWOOD IN THE GARAGE! FUCK YEAH! DID YOU REMEMBER TO PAY THE ELECTRIC BILL? IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT BUT I'M GONNA BUG YOU UNTIL YOU PULL UP THE WEBSITE ON YOUR PHONE AND CHECK. ALSO THE WIFES CAR IS DUE FOR AN OIL CHANGE SHOULD PROBABLY GET THAT DONE RIGHT NOW. NO TIME FOR SLEEP MOTHERFUCKER!

...why do you do that, brain?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,451 Posts
Why has it taken so long for me to realize my phone can do split screen?

Discovered it completely by accident when I long tapped square this morning for some reason. (Hadn't drank my coffee yet)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
That's been a feature on Android for awhile, but rarely seemed particularly useful on a phone. A small screen split in half just doesn't work with most things, even with the largest phones.

The only time I find it useful is when I'm using Torque to monitor transmission temperature on my truck while towing, and also running Google Maps. Neither of which really require interacting with the app or viewing small text.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts
Samsung changed the way that they used to do split screen and I haven't learned the new way yet therefore I have deemed the feature dead as my simple lizard brain can't learn new things.

Oh fuck I'm becoming a boomer!

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts

Every morning I've been doing 6 egg omelette's as it makes my day pretty productive, but I've always been lazy with making them.

Tried my boy Jacques technique and although I forgot what I was doing and winging it it definitely improved the quality and fluffyness! Kinda happy to explore this

29301 - 29320 of 29326 Posts