Next Generation Emulation banner

29281 - 29300 of 29324 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,598 Posts
EDIT: sometimes the overlay wouldn't show because D3D9 video acceleration had to be enabled in VDub's main settings. (outside of capture mode)
Well, for starters, I had the setting to enable overlays turned off.
9EFp9J4ysnPsA.gif

With that enabled, it still seems to be a case of trial and error (sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't). I found some more settings in VLC that makes that solution work better for me so I think I'll go with that for now... but thanks for the help :)

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Robert Heinlein owns.

In other news my country is literally on fire and I feel so bad for those affected, this is some insane levels of bushfires and social media is making everything objectively worse.

Right wing media making stupid claims, left wing media making equally stupid claims, people who can't spell or grammatically structure a sentence are spitting hard facts by "telling it how it is" while exceptionally hard working volunteers and fire service people are working insanely long shifts to save lives and property and are beyond exhausted.

Army reserve was called in to support, but with the drought being this severe (my town had less than 40% of it's annual rain fall) there's no amount of work that could be done to safely reduce the risk of bushfires. This year was also the first year on record to have 0% rainfall across the entire continent on a single day. Zero rain. Anywhere.

The death toll is sad, the habitat loss is heart breaking, my beautiful country burns and people are too happy to slap fight over political ideology and refuse to acknowledge the reality of the current climate.

I love my country, but some of the idiots who sprout garbage that spreads as easily as the flames makes it harder to cope with.
It's so easy to deny climate change and other facts when your country is literally not burning.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,835 Posts
Robert Heinlein owns.

In other news my country is literally on fire and I feel so bad for those affected, this is some insane levels of bushfires and social media is making everything objectively worse.

Right wing media making stupid claims, left wing media making equally stupid claims, people who can't spell or grammatically structure a sentence are spitting hard facts by "telling it how it is" while exceptionally hard working volunteers and fire service people are working insanely long shifts to save lives and property and are beyond exhausted.

Army reserve was called in to support, but with the drought being this severe (my town had less than 40% of it's annual rain fall) there's no amount of work that could be done to safely reduce the risk of bushfires. This year was also the first year on record to have 0% rainfall across the entire continent on a single day. Zero rain. Anywhere.

The death toll is sad, the habitat loss is heart breaking, my beautiful country burns and people are too happy to slap fight over political ideology and refuse to acknowledge the reality of the current climate.

I love my country, but some of the idiots who sprout garbage that spreads as easily as the flames makes it harder to cope with.
You know you are my bro from another mother and I hope you as well as your family is doing good. Hope everything come back to normal soon but I have seen the news and is insane what's going on over there right now.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
It's so easy to deny climate change and other facts when your country is literally not burning.
The former commissioner (currently volunteer firefighter) for Fire and Rescue for the state of New South Wales appears to agree climate change played a role, but ultimately, it's putting the cart before the horse to talk about it right now. The current problem has to be solved before people will want to discuss preventive measures to stop it from happening again. They're just not interested in discussing the future when the present consists of the world being on fire.

Still, for anyone who wants to hear what the guy from Fire and Rescue has to say (definitely wasn't happy), you can give it a quick look: https://www.npr.org/2020/01/04/793572196/how-climate-change-is-affecting-australias-fires

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
What about the raking?
I heard it works.
Get those lazy people to rake those forest and boom, no more fires.
Case closed folks.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
What about the raking?
I heard it works.
Get those lazy people to rake those forest and boom, no more fires.
Case closed folks.
Australia's national science agency predicted this all the way back in 2007.
They had 13 years to rake!

To be more serious: it's crazy to think how long ago people saw this coming.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENg8izEVUAES9Ng.jpg

Research began even earlier, back in the 80s and 90s, but a conversation about it never really took off: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/17/what-could-i-have-done-the-scientist-who-predicted-the-bushfire-emergency-four-decades-ago

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I'm not really sure it's a good idea to have, by default, 80% of the forums hidden:

I also feel entirely changing the color scheme makes NGEmu lose it's identity. It's like Coca-Cola saying, "You know what, we're gonna make the bottles purple now..."

At least the dark mode is a lot more pleasant than the light theme.

Edit: Also, what's the deal with hiding signatures? I could understand if I had a signature that was like 800 pixels high, but it's 125...

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
My main criticism would be that this doesn't feel like it improved upon anything. Maybe it works better/faster, and I just don't see it as a user.
Changing to the dark theme and bookmarking the main forum page instead of the default trending definitely helps toward making the forum "work" better, or closer to what the old design was.
I just don't really see anything that makes me think "yeah, we needed that" or "this is a good change".

29281 - 29300 of 29324 Posts