Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this more often as of late and i can't figure out what is causing it.
maybe someone here will be able to help me out.
My pc specs :
AMD AthlonXP 2600+ @ 2.01ghz
2x256 jetram ddr400 running in dual mode
A-Open Nforce2gt chipset motherboard, (running with the nforce drivers i got with the board)
GeforceFX5200 128ddr mem. (not oc'ed) running omega0.56 nvidia drivers
using stock heatsink and fan (cpu fan running @ 3300rpm and 67 degrees when I'm gaming)
Thinking that the problem occurs due to overheating, i installed a coolermaster casing fan which runs at 2700rpm) and applied some more thermal paste to the cpu ,bit still the random shutdowns.....maybe it's the G-card that overheats?
I did some googling on the net; some ppl say that it could be a mem related prob. with the nforce2 boards that don't sit well with running in dual ddr mode...but i dunno
it happens when I'm gaming with no error messages whatsoever. the weird thing is; i can surf the net for hours and no shutdown, but when i play Baldur's Gate2 or anything with the mame32 emulator. it shuts down after about 2hours or three. my ambient system temp is 50 degrees. I'm at a total loss......Even thinking about re-installing windows.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. It turns out that Microsoft was to blame - yet again.....
I went out and bought two fans like Kane-Sama suggsted and mounted them,but
besides the fact that it runs cooler now, I still got the shutdowns. After that, I lowered the speed of the ram( which turns out to have a lifetime guarantee) to no avail.....so I finally i decided to up the ramspeed again and totally re-install Windows...and VOALA! No problems, heck the sound playback is even better now. Microsoft SUCKS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts