Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i've been having a weird problem lately, i'll be watching video files in Media Player classic, and then i click on one and as soon as it loads (like, you know how MPC says "opening.." and then it plays) my computer just restarts.

at first it was random then i noticed that it kept doing it on the same Hello!Morning episodes. when i restarted and played the file, it was fine.

then i thought it was because of a program. without any programs open i opened the file. no crash. opened aim. no crash. opened mirc. no crash. opened ABC. no crash. i just dont understand, it's like after a while, my computer just wants to explode.

any thoughts? it's definitely not computer temperature (i'm not overclocked, and plus i live in San Francisco where it's cold all the time). it might have something to do with MPEG1 files since the last few files i can remember it specifically happening on are all MPEG1...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Did you try uninstall and reinstalling FFDShow (if you use that), sometimes codecs causes some weird issues like random restarts. Also test the file on another player like VLC and see if it does the same thing. With this you should be able to figure out what could be causing the crash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.