Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty, running out of options here.. trying to pin down whats causing this too lock up during gaming.at first i thought it was a problem with my graphics card, then i thought it had something to do with my internet being laggy.. dont think it is now. Dunno what the hell but something is causing my mouse & keyboard to lockup for no apparent reason. i.e. i would get stuck running in one direction and cant get out of it unless i hit keys.. Or the fire button would get stuck at times.. oO i know their could be 1000 things that could be causing this.. what else could be causing the lockups??

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hushypushy said:
this may sound stupid, but have you tried using a different mouse and keyboard?
yeah this keyboard / mouse is pritty much brand new. (i shouldve stated that somewhere, new i forgot something :D)

edit
WindHydra said:
Hmm... I had the same problem when playing Steam games. Turned out to be caused by using ATI Tray Tools' hotkey function. Works fine if hot keys are turned off.
that also was the first thing i notice, (damn shouldve added that too) but i had the hotkeys cleared since then. im assuming its off since theirs no key assigned to it

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Raiden1803 said:
yeah this keyboard / mouse is pritty much brand new. (i shouldve stated that somewhere, new i forgot something :D)
i didnt ask if it was new. i asked if you'd tried another one since you've had this problem.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WindHydra said:
I think you might still want to try disabling it... only have to check one little box anyway :p
son of a... yeah looks like thats it. thought i disable the damn thing this first time... guess not.I just tested it through playing fear for a few hours and didnt experiance lockups. weird. stupid ati control center thing. odd how mine would lock everything up in all my games and yours isolated itself through steam only. oO

· band
5,270 Posts
that mite have to do with the fact that you own ha x850 series card which unlocks the overdrive 4 feature of CCC. its something relatively new i guess and perhaps theres still bugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.