Next Generation Emulation banner

81 - 100 of 22426 Posts

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Controllers are better in everything except aiming guns.
Playing RTS and MMOs with a controller is really ****.
In WoW I got ~30 skills/buttons I use regularly, how on earth am I supposed to fit that onto a controller?
RTS games require more and more microing the higher in the rankings you get.

GL with microing with a controller.
It just doesn't have precision and speed of a mouse and keyboard.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I really need a good mmorpg.

I really liked Ragnarok online but half the server population was bots.

There was actually a program that ran and played the game for you without having the client open. :|

No community killed it for me :(.

Gonna try lord of the rings online, if I really really like it I'll get the expansions.
I doubt it though. :\
(Waits for 10 gig client to download (9 hours T_T))

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
I stopped playing it already after 3 days. The gameplay is good and very rewarding but the community ranges from non existent to very boring. The graphics suck even downloading the HI RES client, game still looks the same. And the overall world its just so bland and uninteresting. My friend was digging it enough and even bought mines of moria but stopped playing a few days later after installing it. His guild never helped him do anything, everyone just keeps quite when you ask a question or look for help.

Oh and the skills all look boring and underpowered. I had a warrior and i got 8 skills that looked all the same :\

The only thing i can suggest is Aika. The only MMO i have played for 2 months. Takes a bit of time to get into it tho.

·
Intoxication (x-)
228 Posts
Playing RTS and MMOs with a controller is really ****.
In WoW I got ~30 skills/buttons I use regularly, how on earth am I supposed to fit that onto a controller?
RTS games require more and more microing the higher in the rankings you get.

GL with microing with a controller.
It just doesn't have precision and speed of a mouse and keyboard.
Well what is the controller anyways??? it's like taking specific buttons out of the keyboard and put them on a specially designed case that fits on the hand.Nothing else that much so by this meaning both are good and bad at some points.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I really need a good mmorpg.
hmm how about dnd online? at least the quests are interesting enougth to validate soloing, the community is a bit meh thougth so its hard to get a party together.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I found the LFG system in DDO solid enough. And if you fail to get a cleric, you can still hire an NPC healbot. The only class I found missing as hirelings was Rogue, though I guess that would drive quite a few trap monkeys out of business.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Well what is the controller anyways??? it's like taking specific buttons out of the keyboard and put them on a specially designed case that fits on the hand.Nothing else that much so by this meaning both are good and bad at some points.
So, unless you're taking into account sentimentality, what are the actual upsides to using a controller instead of a mouse and a keyboard?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
So, unless you're taking into account sentimentality, what are the actual upsides to using a controller instead of a mouse and a keyboard?
try playing fighting games or shmups with a keyboard, you'll start to see the problem.

trust me the analog stick comes in handy... alot.

edit: oh wait i just missed the point, you were meaning specifically for fps werent you.

well.... dang it ignore above.

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
As an example, my wife, and two kids, are all ready to plunk down my money for Kinect! They're casual gamers though, which is convenient as Kinect is squarely targeting them! My 11-year old son is waiting to love the Kinectimals game so he can play with just about the cutest tiger ever. My wife wants EA active, and my baby enjoys pointing at the ceiling and telling it to “go,” while he drools on himself. At least there's still hope for him.
:lol:
RGV - Recreational Gaming Vets - Kinection Failed

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Which only matters in platformers/games containing platforming elements.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Which only matters in platformers/games containing platforming elements.
Coordination effects every aspect of first person shooters.

Especially ones were you die in 3 bullets, as I've said before.

Reaction time is crucial. The more coordinated you are, the faster you react.

Note that this does not apply to people who just stay in 1 spot waiting for people to come on screen (campers?) as they only need to point and click.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Perhaps but you also have to coordinate your left stick control with your right-stick control....something that takes doing and I don't think I'd ever master unless the other stick controls just the camera (which is not the way anything but a platformer works).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
edited my post to make what I was trying to say a little clearer

also how is the PS3 controller any different from a PS2 or PS2 based controller? More buttons yeah but the general way you use the controller is the same as far as I know.

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
Am i the only one on this board enjoying DJMax portable 3 at the moment? because virtually no-one anywhere i go online or offline no-one's bloody heard of it.

81 - 100 of 22426 Posts