Next Generation Emulation banner

61 - 80 of 22426 Posts

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I think it was the equipment that threw everything really out of whack. But yeah, without good items, some builds are just crap. I'm very happy they're not letting us put our stat points where we want them.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
I agree, all points into VIT and just getting bugged str from charms etc to equip everything was pretty lame IMO. To everyone else you just ran around naked, they couldn't see your items because you had less str than the requirement but could equip them anyways.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Lol D3 is turning into DNF despite all the footage displayed so far.
Hmm, that depends. If we take into account the original version of the game, I guess it's somewhat similar, except Blizzard shares information about D3 quite a lot (unlike DNF). (But I don't generally consider the old and canceled version of D3 to count toward the development of the new/current)

I would probably add Starcraft : Ghost in the DNF basket tho. Last we heard, the game was simply delayed for an unknown amount of time but was never officially canceled.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Blizzard always, and will always take a long time to release a game. That's why they bleed quality.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I just tried out modern warfare 2 on the pc (I have ps3 version) and I noticed that everyones reaction time was ridiculously slow compared to console players.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Console gamers are helped out by auto-aim...that and they're not limited to daddies home computer with that generic optical mouse that isn't suited for gaming.

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
i just tried out modern warfare 2 on the pc (i have ps3 version) and i noticed that everyones reaction time was ridiculously slow compared to console players.

yeah gamers always prefer the pc with his keyboard& mouse for shooters but console gamers are still better!

console gamers are helped out by auto-aim...that and they're not limited to daddies home computer with that generic optical mouse that isn't suited for gaming.
+1

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
My "Professional Shooter" friend uses only generic optical mouse for playing FPS-games and he rocks with it.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I just tried out modern warfare 2 on the pc (I have ps3 version) and I noticed that everyones reaction time was ridiculously slow compared to console players.
Well, all the good players moved on to other games.

(Yeah I'm just trolling... Sorry.)

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
Once can argue that the analog stick is okay for FPS games, but saying it's better then a mouse is just douchebaggery.
The only thing that beats the mouse is a mind controlled pointer. =p

·
Intoxication (x-)
228 Posts
One can argue that the analog stick is okay for FPS games, but saying it's better then a mouse is just douchebaggery.
Who said that the console division is outputting better players in shooters than PC?

What I've wanted to say that the difference in difficulty between the analog stick and the mouse in a shooting game is too big to manage to get even close to the good players on the PC.But for some reason console gamers are not that worse than pc gamers oO which is odd.the supremacy should be obvious right?

Why is that I don't know.Maybe console gamers due to the harder to learn/use control are learning harder or maybe I suck enough at console shooting to understand.

The only thing that beats the mouse is a mind controlled pointer. =p

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,827 Posts
Who gives a crap about what medium you use to control the game.

If the game is fun you never really stop to think about how you are controlling it, you just do it. Tards from both camps need to cram it.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Who said that the console division is outputting better players in shooters than PC?

What I've wanted to say that the difference in difficulty between the analog stick and the mouse in a shooting game is too big to manage to get even close to the good players on the PC.But for some reason console gamers are not that worse than pc gamers oO which is odd.the supremacy should be obvious right?

Why is that I don't know.Maybe console gamers due to the harder to learn/use control are learning harder or maybe I suck enough at console shooting to understand.
Controllers are definitely easier to use o.o.

Who gives a crap about what medium you use to control the game.

If the game is fun you never really stop to think about how you are controlling it, you just do it. Tards from both camps need to cram it.
In games were you die in 2-3 shots (automatic guns btw) reaction speed is everything.

Also, MW2 is NOT FUN. :|

EDIT:

I've also come to realize pc games aren't that far off from consoles in turns of visual fidelity. AA isn't really noticeable at high resolutions and textures are pretty much the same all around :|.

61 - 80 of 22426 Posts