Next Generation Emulation banner
23121 - 23140 of 23140 Posts

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Nintendo making me wanna buy a Switch....

They have zillions of other buyers...They don't need me....

I even hear they're getting Capcom vs SNK...One of my all time favorite 2D fighting games...

·
Registered
10,682 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Laura Bailey Talks Sexualized Female Characters And Making Progress

People who played the game...please explain to me how 3D characters are good when they torture, murder, and commit acts of violence towards characters human and animal but they aren't sexual....
It is BS, immediately BS when you talk of torture, games don't offer torture or have torture as a gameplay element. Getting sliced in half, or getting heart ripped out in Mortal Kombat is not torture not it makes you desensitized to violence or want to commit acts to woman, heck after playing such games for what 30 years and watching violence and actual torture, including women, in Hannibal tv show still freaks me out.

Also linking sexualisation to violence is dumb, it is like oil and water, they are as they are, they happen, they have been happening over 5 thousand years of humanity, millions of years when consider animals and dinosaurs.

Bring up bad behavior and punish such behavior and slowly will end. Visual depiction is nothing to compared to real life, I have experienced such horrors and people who caused such horrors aren't what you call gamers, they are broken people. I believe such behavior is much better than hundreds years ago but punishing everything except the actual behavior or helping broken people well you are making everyones' lives crap and nothing will change for hundreds of years.

We had visual depictions of violence for thousands of years either by carvings or paintings, even religious paintings, maybe we need to bad such paintings and such.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
My point is saying overly violent characters are no better than overly sexualized characters. People like the woman doing the voiceover a a character somehow thought sexualizing a character is bad, but she has no qualms portraying an overly violent character.

Characters in games are fictional. She somehow believes fictional characters being portrayed sexually is bad but overly violent is ok. My point was to question her judgment.

Another point is Don't is heavily into censoring sexual stuff on their consoles and NRS censors female kharacters in Mortal Kombat 11. I don't agree with either but acknowledge it exists and is happening. Many people hate Dead or Alive because of sexuality and even Snk's Mai wasn't allowed in Smash Bros because she was too mature for Nintendo. Pinball FX3 also censors everything from mermaid's belly buttons to cigarettes as they think 10 year old children want to play old pinball machines on Switch, PS4, Xbox one, etc...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My point is saying overly violent characters are no better than overly sexualized characters. People like the woman doing the voiceover a a character somehow thought sexualizing a character is bad, but she has no qualms portraying an overly violent character.

Characters in games are fictional. She somehow believes fictional characters being portrayed sexually is bad but overly violent is ok. My point was to question her judgment.

Another point is Don't is heavily into censoring sexual stuff on their consoles and NRS censors female kharacters in Mortal Kombat 11. I don't agree with either but acknowledge it exists and is happening. Many people hate Dead or Alive because of sexuality and even Snk's Mai wasn't allowed in Smash Bros because she was too mature for Nintendo. Pinball FX3 also censors everything from mermaid's belly buttons to cigarettes as they think 10 year old children want to play old pinball machines on Switch, PS4, Xbox one, etc...
So you understand their logic makes zero sense, small truth to it but still makes zero sense.... This is what happens when deal with people on Autism spectrum or Feminism, I mean both make their own logic and twist facts to meet their logic.

For the next Mortal Kombat game devs should do a censored version by default with nothing but stick figures and you have to unlock uncensored with agreeing that if you find anything offensive you have the option to censor and if you twitter puritan, sjw then keep playing the stick figure version.

I mean why censor Mortal Kombat, any konsumer knows what Mortal Kombat is, what it kontains before purchasing and why they have been purchasing Mortal Kombat since the original game in arcades, I mean it was made hundreds line up to play the arcade game. Yeah censor it and kill what made the game in the first place. (FYI just for this sentence I changed K sounding Cs with K on purpose. :) ).

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
I find it hard to believe they see playing Dead or Alive, Senran Kakura, Mortal Kombat with scantly clothed females is bad and they are fine with female characters getting dismembered, beaten up, etc. If they see fantasy characters as real, they have odd ideas of boundaries.

I do not see female characters in games as real. I don't see a female character (fantasy) torturing (fantasy) a male character (fantasy) to death as a "good" example of a fleshed out woman. (real)

I see video games as a way to blow off steam. Video game characters are no more real than cartoon characters. I don't want people to look at fantasy as a role model for reality just as a way to entertain ourselves for brief periods of time like people who watch movies, read books, listen to music.

There do seem to be people who cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality. But I don't think Doom caused Columbine.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
There do seem to be people who cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality.
This is political, people are just using this as an excuse to push their agenda. There was a feminists youtuber that pushed sexualisation in games to redicoulous levels, Assassin Creed says using prostitutes to hide is sexualisation and she ignored historical reality of this was done including by politicians, anyone gave real facts where she was wrong said it was harrasment.

What you haven't heard Gamergate, it was an issue proving game jurnos were biased, unethical and took bribes. The blacklash led to many people send their words harrasment to such journos. They claimed it was so bad that FBI was invlolved and taken to the UN. FBI found nothing and UN ignored them and said this was nothing. Yet journos still claim gamergate is why so much hate to Last Of Us 2, Trump becoming president and why people invaded the white house.

Clearly they are finding excuse to attack anything to justify their lies, they do nothing and expect everything and when anything does not go their way when there is zero logic tying to their claims and if you try to argue they will claim harrasment, claim it was death threat, claim you are extreme left and get you banned and cancelled and will try to get you to lose your job.... Thank god job loss from cancel culture died down, well someone lost their job recently just by using gab for a few minutes and was using it to message friends.

It is all BS but the media is by the same people mostly and they are trying oh so hard to make it reality.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Just a heads up to my friends. In a couple of months I'll be getting a new PC. Thanks to my girlfriend loaning me some money and what I had in the bank. I ordered a Dell computer...

It'll have

I5 6 core 10600 Processor, 16GB Ram, 6GB 1660 video card, 1TB SSD hard drive, 2TB Regular video card. I'll have Bluetooth and WiFi. It's supposed to arrive around the middle of May...

Reactions: DinJerr and Samor

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,400 Posts
Now that a lot of PS exclusives are coming to PC, I'm getting less and less interested in getting a PS5 and saving for a 3070 instead.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Yeah, it's more likely I'll upgrade my xb1 to a series x at some point because I can take my library with me. I'm in no hurry though.

I have my pc for the games that are not on xbox or perform poorly on it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Now that a lot of PS exclusives are coming to PC, I'm getting less and less interested in getting a PS5 and saving for a 3070 instead.
That is what I did, luckily I got 3070 before price hike here in Australia and the last one in my region for months, it took a long time to get back into stock. It runs everything and VR runs great on it too.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
I'm hoping I'll be happy with a 1660 6GB and 6 core I5 10600 with 16GB RAM... But I have to wait 2 months to get my PC,,,

Reactions: Samor

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Woohoo my PC is shipping and due this Friday.

Reactions: DinJerr

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,400 Posts
Played Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition last weekend. The reworked lighting is amazing and the game runs like a dream on my humble 2060 at 1440p60.
DLSS2.1 is practically black magic, hopefully AMD can match it with their FSR implementation so that more games would have actual native RT instead of the hybrid lighting compromise we have right now.

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
My 1660 card can't handle it...

But I'm ok with playing the game in the regular version. I'll be a while before I even get to it...

Been playing Gris a 2nd time and now Cat Quest...

·
Registered
10,682 Posts

·
Registered
10,682 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
One benefit of a subscription based system is it encourage players to try games they may not usually play. There are games out there which we may see as interesting, but aren't curious enough to spend the cash to buy them. When we buy a subscription, we get access to a large variety of games, and are more likely to try new ones as a result. It can help us discover new games, AND it can also lead to publishers trying out new ideas since they don't have to convince you to spend 60$ on a single game anymore. Smaller titles can contribute to those subscriptions.

The downside of a subscription based system is it encourages publishers to keep you subscribed every month. Which typically means focusing on multiplayer games. Every developer wants a strong multiplayer hit (Apex Legends, Destiny, The Division, anything), but if you're trying to sell someone a subscription, nothing is quite as important as a multiplayer game to convince someone to keep coming back. Microsoft has tied their advertisement of the game pass to co-op games (State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves), which makes sense. The only thing better than selling one subscription every month is selling 4 subscriptions to a group of friends playing a co-op game together. The downside is when players aren't that interested in those games, or when single-player franchises become forgotten in favor of multiplayer hits.

So far there have been services I've enjoyed subscribing to for a month or two (game pass, origin access) but none that I see myself subscribing to for a long time. That might change as more and more games continue to be added to those services.
The "Live Service" is probably the fairest kind of player game. Especially if the players expect an hour or two a day to play something like an MMO.

And a publisher's most risky style of game. You must maintain a fairly high level of minimum player and pump a lot of mixed content (IE: design time, programming time, level design, 3d modeling, sound, and similar). IE: The lowest levels of players paying for a team that is large enough to keep players engaged is fairly high.

Something like a fighting pass is probably much less costly to develop (some design time, lots of 3D design time, some 2D art for junk decals, and maybe some sound time). In order to promote your game off time, you can therefore choose another expansion style content or get event surges. This means you have more advertising hooks to get new players, because a new battlefield and new content can be entirely separate advertising events.

23121 - 23140 of 23140 Posts