Next Generation Emulation banner
23101 - 23120 of 23140 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
I have been playing the Gears 5 story DLC and damn its freaking awesome! I usually don't think is good when key people leave a team but in this case is the best that happened to the franchise. Rod Ferguson was out of ideas and simply out of touch after working in so many versions of the game which is understandable.

The DLC feels fresh and have no annoying fillers but pure action and great Gears gameplay. The DLC is more Gears than Gears 4 and 5 combined!. Who ever was in charge of the DLC should take the lead of the series and bring new and fresh ideas while keeping the awesome core gameplay intact like he did with the DLC.

Last but not least.... the graphics and performance have been improved and goddammit is one of the best graphics I have seen in a game so far.
I watched about 30mins of the game play (y)(y) The final enemy seems not the aliens but a difference type of creature?

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
I watched about 30mins of the game play (y)(y) The final enemy seems not the aliens but a difference type of creature?
The DLC seems to be in a very different area and not related to the main story which is something many reviewers seem to critique. However, the DLC bring so much more to the already stablished formula and bring some fresh and great ideas that may help the franchise to come back. I personally like the new areas where you move in the jungle and then there's such a great contrast moving over lava.

What I really like is the fact that there are no fillers anymore but just straight action and a gameplay like the first 3 of the series. 4 and 5 lack so much of what makes Gears so special and that is something I realized after playing the first 3.

Here a video of me playing the game and since you like big monsters you will definitely like it. The boss fight is insane!

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
I received a nice treat in the mail. I ordered Virua Fighter 4 PS2 and the copy I received was actually still sealed. I opened it and played it a bit.

I'm picking up a few old PS2 games I liked. This and Midway Arcade Treasures were my last 2 acquisitions.
That's nice, is it regular vf4 or evo? Both are great anyway.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
The DLC seems to be in a very different area and not related to the main story which is something many reviewers seem to critique. However, the DLC bring so much more to the already stablished formula and bring some fresh and great ideas that may help the franchise to come back. I personally like the new areas where you move in the jungle and then there's such a great contrast moving over lava.

What I really like is the fact that there are no fillers anymore but just straight action and a gameplay like the first 3 of the series. 4 and 5 lack so much of what makes Gears so special and that is something I realized after playing the first 3.

Here a video of me playing the game and since you like big monsters you will definitely like it. The boss fight is insane!

Yup, this is the boss i saw on other youtuber's channel ;) Some scenes showing the green liquids it throws out killing those aliens too.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Yup, this is the boss i saw on other youtuber's channel ;) Some scenes showing the green liquids it throws out killing those aliens too.
Reminds me the Hydra boss of Gears of War 2.

Here my footage:

The DLC give me real Gears vibes and feel like a real Gears game which is why I'm excited to see what's next. As already stated Rod Fergusson leaving the Coallition was the best that happened to the franchise.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Reminds me the Hydra boss of Gears of War 2.

Here my footage:

The DLC give me real Gears vibes and feel like a real Gears game which is why I'm excited to see what's next. As already stated Rod Fergusson leaving the Coallition was the best that happened to the franchise.
Gears of war series somehow reminded me of The Lost Planet series, also 3rd person shooter with giant monsters as bosses. I wonder what happened to LP series after the 3rd one, seems Capcom no longer interested on it.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Monster Hunter Rise's demo is out on Switch. The game added some new features, i especially love the feature that you can mount and control monster to fight other monsters or to do damage on the monster you ride.

Capcom is really smart, the power of Switch is obviously not enough to do the features on MHW, so they introduced other features so players can easily do jumping attacks / etc.

But playing this game using he default controller is really suck (for me), if i am getting this game i would need to buy a 3rd party joypad.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I like the Monster Hunter games on the 3DS. I need to play them some more. They are good for the 3DS IMSHO.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I'm curious about which Devil May Cry game I should play first. I currently have 3, 4, and the reboot. I have the trilogy on wishlist. I hear Devil May Cry 5 is good, but have a backlog.

I am also curious about the single player Halo games. I picked them up off Steam during the winter sale and have no interest in online, just the stories. Should I play them in order?

Thanks in advance.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Yes, I think so, although chronologically Halo Reach takes place before the first game, so you can choose to play that first as well.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Thanks, I'll give Halo Reach a try before playing Halo.

I guess all the Halo games have to be installed at once?

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
That's what I thought, thanks for verifying it. :)

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Woohoo my PC can run The Witcher 3 GotY. Even at low resolution I find the graphics nice. Granted I just played 30 minutes which was mostly a tutorial, but my curiosity got the better of me and I had my PC download the game.

The little I played was fun, but I'm addicted to Bloodline on GOG at the moment. Yeah I'm a Castlevania junkie who sucks at Castlevania. But I'm also a Nintendo junkie.

Nobody's perfect. 😁

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Yup...It works, but I think there are issues with at least 2 USB ports and the memory needed replaced 2X. 2 chips twice. I really appreciate it, but I hope to upgrade it.

Thanks again...

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
Yup...It works, but I think there are issues with at least 2 USB ports and the memory needed replaced 2X. 2 chips twice. I really appreciate it, but I hope to upgrade it.

Thanks again...
Sure thing, at this stage the hardware is quite ancient. Did I send the RAM as well? I can't remember ;) It's quite a bad time to upgrade now unfortunately, with all prices and availability.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Well I'm trying to wait until March and maybe the tariffs on China will be removed by President Biden....

23101 - 23120 of 23140 Posts