Next Generation Emulation banner
23081 - 23100 of 23140 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Bought a new TV earlier than i planned (Sony X800H 65inches, pretty cheap now, but the distance feels a bit near to my sofa / sitting area). Testing the TV by playing TLOU2, i don't know if it was the HDR or the TV has better quality, lighting looks warmer and like real life feel (it makes many scenes looks more realistic, especially when at outdoor with grasses on the ground), and in-game fire also looks very realistic. Reached the jungle scene and ... WOW again, it looks so much realistic with the better lighting in the jungle. Too bad no 60fps patch for PS5, else i would try to finish it one more time.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS5 now has a ray tracing performance mode

Never expected this, and i welcome this move from game developers since this is what i wanted.

"You can now enjoy Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales at 60fps with ray tracing on, after the game received a surprise update on PS5."

"We’ve tested the new update ourselves and can confirm that ray tracing is in full effect using the performance RT graphics mode. However, the resolution takes a noticeable hit compared to the other two modes. While we can’t be sure, it appears to be running at 1080p instead of targeting a 4K output. Nevertheless, it’s a great compromise if you want 60fps and ray tracing on, though we’d personally stick to performance mode."

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I received a nice treat in the mail. I ordered Virua Fighter 4 PS2 and the copy I received was actually still sealed. I opened it and played it a bit.

I'm picking up a few old PS2 games I liked. This and Midway Arcade Treasures were my last 2 acquisitions.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Bought a new TV earlier than i planned (Sony X800H 65inches, pretty cheap now, but the distance feels a bit near to my sofa / sitting area). Testing the TV by playing TLOU2, i don't know if it was the HDR or the TV has better quality, lighting looks warmer and like real life feel (it makes many scenes looks more realistic, especially when at outdoor with grasses on the ground), and in-game fire also looks very realistic. Reached the jungle scene and ... WOW again, it looks so much realistic with the better lighting in the jungle. Too bad no 60fps patch for PS5, else i would try to finish it one more time.
The game have great HDR as I remember which is what makes games shine. We bought a new 65" TCL TV as well and HDR is great and makes the colors pop more than on my Samsung one.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
The game have great HDR as I remember which is what makes games shine. We bought a new 65" TCL TV as well and HDR is great and makes the colors pop more than on my Samsung one.
Got my PS5 today, tested with a few games, so far so good. Only disappointed part is the loading speed, was expecting it would load much more faster compare to my SSD that has around 500mb read and write.

Spiderman miles morale has amazing graphics, i played it in performance RT mode and so far i am satisfied with it. I am wondering what resolution the performance RT mode is (some articles claim it is 1080p), as it is looking quite nice on my TV.

Been playing a bit of TLOU2 for a few days, love to play back those encounter battles. And I thought TLOU2 was 4K + 30fps on Pro, only realised it was 1440p. After tested MHW and a few games with 60fps, going back to TLOU2's 30fps feels "hmmm"... Smoothness is really a much better choice than resolution, for me.

So far haven't encountered any issue with the PS5, hopefully it would stay this way.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Got my PS5 today, tested with a few games, so far so good. Only disappointed part is the loading speed, was expecting it would load much more faster compare to my SSD that has around 500mb read and write.

Spiderman miles morale has amazing graphics, i played it in performance RT mode and so far i am satisfied with it. I am wondering what resolution the performance RT mode is (some articles claim it is 1080p), as it is looking quite nice on my TV.

Been playing a bit of TLOU2 for a few days, love to play back those encounter battles. And I thought TLOU2 was 4K + 30fps on Pro, only realised it was 1440p. After tested MHW and a few games with 60fps, going back to TLOU2's 30fps feels "hmmm"... Smoothness is really a much better choice than resolution, for me.

So far haven't encountered any issue with the PS5, hopefully it would stay this way.
Glad you got your PS5 today and hope you don't have any issues with it as the ones I have seen around. Most games won't hit 4k though but with smart techniques devs will make the games look great regardless. The loading speeds aren't optimized yet I believe so future titles will make better use of it. Remember that most if not all PS5 titles are cross-gen ones and obviously there are some drawbacks.

Sadly enough the PS5 backwards compatibility is just making games with the same limitations as the PS4 ones. Sony isn't notorious for providing patches or upgrades to older games which is sad but at least they have backwards compatibility so that's something.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Switch emulation have improved a lot and yesterday I tested an emulator written in C# which is even better taking in mind the old discussions here when I was talking about C# and great emulation...the fun part is that it runs games better than Yuzu which is a emulator written in C++. Obviously this isn't about which is better but is interesting to see that time show I was actually right.

Eitherway... here's my video of Ryujinx running Super Mario Odyssey:

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Glad you got your PS5 today and hope you don't have any issues with it as the ones I have seen around. Most games won't hit 4k though but with smart techniques devs will make the games look great regardless. The loading speeds aren't optimized yet I believe so future titles will make better use of it. Remember that most if not all PS5 titles are cross-gen ones and obviously there are some drawbacks.

Sadly enough the PS5 backwards compatibility is just making games with the same limitations as the PS4 ones. Sony isn't notorious for providing patches or upgrades to older games which is sad but at least they have backwards compatibility so that's something.
Been testing and playing a few games for a very long time and never have any issues with the PS5 so far. The PS5 is very silent same as my PS4 Pro (i think i am really lucky on this part, i heard some local players complaint their PS4 pro sounded like Jet when playing certain games), i touched the PS5 to feel the heat after playing it for a few hours, not really hot too. The interface finally feels very responsive and smooth. As for the size, surprisingly i didn't feel the PS5 is big when i took it out, it can fit perfectly into where i put my PS4 pro. I think this is because i was expecting / imagining it to be very big after seeing so many pictures / discussion on the internet, my mind expected it bigger than it really was.

The loading speed on miles morale is amazing tho.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Been testing and playing a few games for a very long time and never have any issues with the PS5 so far. The PS5 is very silent same as my PS4 Pro (i think i am really lucky on this part, i heard some local players complaint their PS4 pro sounded like Jet when playing certain games), i touched the PS5 to feel the heat after playing it for a few hours, not really hot too. The interface finally feels very responsive and smooth. As for the size, surprisingly i didn't feel the PS5 is big when i took it out, it can fit perfectly into where i put my PS4 pro. I think this is because i was expecting / imagining it to be very big after seeing so many pictures / discussion on the internet, my mind expected it bigger than it really was.

View attachment 201798

Glad there are no issues with your PS5. Loading speeds will get better from now on as games start using the nvme better. For instance I installed Cyberpunk on my PC nvme drive that is close to the PS5 speeds and loading times are insanely fast. I see loading screens of 1-2 seconds only when I load my save the very first time and after that there are no loading screens at all. I had the game installed on my HDD before and there were some loading screens eventhough they weren't really long.

What about the DualSense battery life? actually is the only part of the PS5 that interest me so far but I have heard the battery life isn't that great and on your picture you have it connected to your PS5 which I guess isn't a good sign.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Glad there are no issues with your PS5. Loading speeds will get better from now on as games start using the nvme better. For instance I installed Cyberpunk on my PC nvme drive that is close to the PS5 speeds and loading times are insanely fast. I see loading screens of 1-2 seconds only when I load my save the very first time and after that there are no loading screens at all. I had the game installed on my HDD before and there were some loading screens eventhough they weren't really long.

What about the DualSense battery life? actually is the only part of the PS5 that interest me so far but I have heard the battery life isn't that great and on your picture you have it connected to your PS5 which I guess isn't a good sign.
About the DualSense (i turned off the Mic, it was on by default, i guess this drain more battery), after fully charged, after about 2hours+- of playing, it still has 2 bars (full is 3 bars). The DualSense is still new, so i think the battery will last longer. The cable you see in my pic is the cable for my joystick.

Edit : been using it for 3+hours, still showing 2 bars left (One thing to be noted, the first time i charged the DiualSense, it took kinda long to be full. And another thing to note, the DualSense always auto turn on the Mic when i on the PS5, i have to manually turn it off every time, i think this way can save more battery)

The haptic features feel quite good imo. I just tested it not long ago. When walking on ice, it does give me the feel of walking on ice (it is the combination of the sounds coming out from the controller and the overall feel). I think the team did pretty good on this part.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
For raytracing, if certain area has no light source, the screen would be very dark?

I am playing spiderman miles morale, everything looks great but when at certain area, the screen is kinda dark. Example, when inside some rooms, the area has light look fine, but when reaching some corners area, it is a lot darker, sometimes i can't even see the char due to it is too dark. Or at night time, if the char crawls at back of certain building, the screen could be very dark.

At first i thought i had wrong setting with HDR, but after switched off HDR, it looks the same. After i switched off RTX, the dark area becomes much brighter.

·
Administrator
15,457 Posts

View attachment 201798

so has it overheated yet? :p

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
so has it overheated yet? :p
Nope, it works really great so far, not hearing the fan's sound, and no overheat at all. Every time i finish using the PS5, i would go to touch the console to feel how hot it is, tbh it is really not as hot as what i was expected (longest i used the console was around 5hours non-stop). I put my hand on the top and the bottom of the console to test the temperature (the design of the PS5 allows me to touch the top and the bottom parts easily). Btw, the place i put my console, back of the console has space for air to flow, i guess it is around 15-20cm from the back of the console to the wall, and the rack has around 8-10cm before it touches the wall.

How about yours? Any issue so far? :)

·
Administrator
15,457 Posts
Nope, it works really great so far, not hearing the fan's sound, and no overheat at all. Every time i finish using the PS5, i would go to touch the console to feel how hot it is, tbh it is really not as hot as what i was expected (longest i used the console was around 5hours non-stop). I put my hand on the top and the bottom of the console to test the temperature (the design of the PS5 allows me to touch the top and the bottom parts easily). Btw, the place i put my console, back of the console has space for air to flow, i guess it is around 15-20cm from the back of the console to the wall, and the rack has around 8-10cm before it touches the wall.

How about yours? Any issue so far? :)
no issues at all, I also never hear it or feel the heat from it compared to a ps4 pro. I have my ps5 in vertical on my desk with plenty of space around it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
About the DualSense (i turned off the Mic, it was on by default, i guess this drain more battery), after fully charged, after about 2hours+- of playing, it still has 2 bars (full is 3 bars). The DualSense is still new, so i think the battery will last longer. The cable you see in my pic is the cable for my joystick.

Edit : been using it for 3+hours, still showing 2 bars left (One thing to be noted, the first time i charged the DiualSense, it took kinda long to be full. And another thing to note, the DualSense always auto turn on the Mic when i on the PS5, i have to manually turn it off every time, i think this way can save more battery)

The haptic features feel quite good imo. I just tested it not long ago. When walking on ice, it does give me the feel of walking on ice (it is the combination of the sounds coming out from the controller and the overall feel). I think the team did pretty good on this part.

Thank you for the info and it seems to be better than the DS4 which is my most hated gamepad still. The DualSense seems to be pretty good and I really like the changes and features they added which may replace my XB1 gamepad in the future. I will check out if there are ways to use it on PC as is my goal to replace the DS4 to play PS3 games that requires some of its features.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
I have been playing the Gears 5 story DLC and damn its freaking awesome! I usually don't think is good when key people leave a team but in this case is the best that happened to the franchise. Rod Ferguson was out of ideas and simply out of touch after working in so many versions of the game which is understandable.

The DLC feels fresh and have no annoying fillers but pure action and great Gears gameplay. The DLC is more Gears than Gears 4 and 5 combined!. Who ever was in charge of the DLC should take the lead of the series and bring new and fresh ideas while keeping the awesome core gameplay intact like he did with the DLC.

Last but not least.... the graphics and performance have been improved and goddammit is one of the best graphics I have seen in a game so far.

23081 - 23100 of 23140 Posts