Next Generation Emulation banner

23061 - 23080 of 23080 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
I am wondering about that part too. PS5 loading speed seems slower than my PS4 pro SSD or perhaps just the same, i will need to do a checking.
My biggest concern with the PS5 SSD isn't certainly the loading speed but the fact that the SSD is soldered. To me is basically a ticking bomb and we don't even know when Sony is going to enable the nvme expansion slot as is confirmed to be disabled at launch not to mention provide the ability to use the external one which I highly doubt they will for obvious reasons. I also had the same concern about the XSX which is why my interest in nextgen consoles is almost non-existent.

I expressed my concern before but I was almost sure that the XSX SSD wasn't soldered and I was right as it use a regular SSD that can be easily replaced with something like this:

EmR6TD4W8AAR6hv.jpeg
EmR6TD4XYAArMV5.jpeg
EmR6TD5W8AEIPAE.jpeg
EmR6TD6W4AACkA6.jpeg

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
Watching the XSX tear down and looking at the quality parts there is no doubt MS is losing money because there is no way in hell you can build anything close to that for 500 bucks. Its simply not possible and companies usually cheap out on parts and sell you pretty much waste and plastic.

That big boy in the video have quality parts from screws to the last piece of silicon in there.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
My biggest concern with the PS5 SSD isn't certainly the loading speed but the fact that the SSD is soldered. To me is basically a ticking bomb and we don't even know when Sony is going to enable the nvme expansion slot as is confirmed to be disabled at launch not to mention provide the ability to use the external one which I highly doubt they will for obvious reasons. I also had the same concern about the XSX which is why my interest in nextgen consoles is almost non-existent.

I expressed my concern before but I was almost sure that the XSX SSD wasn't soldered and I was right as it use a regular SSD that can be easily replaced with something like this:

View attachment 201769 View attachment 201770 View attachment 201771 View attachment 201772
Personally i am not concerned about this part tho. I forsee i will be changing to PS5 Pro after a few years and gift the PS5 to someone else (my Ps4 gave to my wife's brother fro free, and i passed him all the physical disks games included GOW, The Witcher 3, FFXV, Uncharted 4, etc).

I am not a spiderman fan, never play any spiderman, batman, marvel games, but after watching the new Spider man game i am really interested on it. I watched the first 20mins gameplay, man, the big size Rhino guy is so damn cool, he is so damn KingKong-ish!!!

I think it is quite obvious next-gen games won't be able to have raytracing + 2k/4k running at 60fps consistently on either consoles (new spiderman with Raytracing + dynamic res running at 30fps, and i saw it dropped to 28fps occasionally, so if new Xbox runs it, pretty sure it can maintain consistently at 30fps but won't be 60fps since it is probably roughly around 20-25% more powerful). I hope Sony will port all of the exclusives to PC after they are out on PS5 after 6-12 months. I love 60fps, but those raytracing effects are too attractive for me. When Sony confirms to goes to this route, that is the time worths it to get a high-end PC.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
Personally i am not concerned about this part tho. I forsee i will be changing to PS5 Pro after a few years and gift the PS5 to someone else (my Ps4 gave to my wife's brother fro free, and i passed him all the physical disks games included GOW, The Witcher 3, FFXV, Uncharted 4, etc).

I am not a spiderman fan, never play any spiderman, batman, marvel games, but after watching the new Spider man game i am really interested on it. I watched the first 20mins gameplay, man, the big size Rhino guy is so damn cool, he is so damn KingKong-ish!!!

I think it is quite obvious next-gen games won't be able to have raytracing + 2k/4k running at 60fps consistently on either consoles (new spiderman with Raytracing + dynamic res running at 30fps, and i saw it dropped to 28fps occasionally, so if new Xbox runs it, pretty sure it can maintain consistently at 30fps but won't be 60fps since it is probably roughly around 20-25% more powerful). I hope Sony will port all of the exclusives to PC after they are out on PS5 after 6-12 months. I love 60fps, but those raytracing effects are too attractive for me. When Sony confirms to goes to this route, that is the time worths it to get a high-end PC.
For me is very important since I tend to keep my consoles. For instance I still own a PS2, several PS3s, Gamecube, OG Xbox, Xbox 360 and even a Dreamcast. Spiderman Miles Morales is awesome from the gameplay footage I have watched so far and is coming to PS4 as well. The main character is half Dominican just like me :ROFLMAO:

Raytracing is very taxing so I will not expect higher resolutions with that feature on. I personally want better fps over raytracing and higher resolution.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
For me is very important since I tend to keep my consoles. For instance I still own a PS2, several PS3s, Gamecube, OG Xbox, Xbox 360 and even a Dreamcast. Spiderman Miles Morales is awesome from the gameplay footage I have watched so far and is coming to PS4 as well. The main character is half Dominican just like me :ROFLMAO:

Raytracing is very taxing so I will not expect higher resolutions with that feature on. I personally want better fps over raytracing and higher resolution.
Yup, i will choose over fps too on next-gen consoles. If exclusives coming out on PC faster in the future, i will invest on a high-end PC to enjoy 60fps + raytracing +2-4k res :)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,701 Posts
I'm waiting for the combat in the new Yakuza game to become good, but admittedly I'm still in the very early stages.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
I'm waiting for the combat in the new Yakuza game to become good, but admittedly I'm still in the very early stages.
Please let me know what you think about the game after you have played longer :) I have tested the beta but i am still not sure if i would like it or not, the combat changes is too big, but i might try the full game if i hear good feedback about it.

-----------------------------

Finally pre-ordered my PS5, will be arrived after one month from now on. Every sites that opened preorder have their sites crashed or almost un-openable, i tried so hard (30mins+) to keep refreshing the pages until i have success to make payment. Some sites basically had the pre-order out of stock in a min. This is the first time i purchase a next-gen so fast.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts

FF7R and Horizon Zero Down, these 2 games which i want to play on PS5 with 60fps, are locked at 30fps... disappointed. Hopefully will have patches to unlock them to be 60fps.

MHW and Daygone are 60fps on PS5, looks like i will play Daygone since it will be one of the free games in the PS collection.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
I am not sure if this is a bug from Sony or Sony purposely set this up,

Anyone login their accounts to a PS5 can redeem the PS Collection games. 100 difference accounts login to the same PS5 will be able to redeem the PS Collection to these 100 accounts. And then these accounts can login back to PS4 and able to play the PS collection's games.

Some people are using this opportunity to sell the PS Collection games to PS4 owners.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
That's pretty cool but let's hope Sony don't start so

FF7R and Horizon Zero Down, these 2 games which i want to play on PS5 with 60fps, are locked at 30fps... disappointed. Hopefully will have patches to unlock them to be 60fps.

MHW and Daygone are 60fps on PS5, looks like i will play Daygone since it will be one of the free games in the PS collection.
Only games with unlocked framerate will take advantage of it and will obviously run at solid 60fps most of the time. I personally find it better how Sony handles backwards compatibility in that regard as they keep the exact same resolution but unlock the rest so that games will perform better. MS have the better compatibility overall but games tend to push graphics harder which means better image quality at the expense of fps.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
That's pretty cool but let's hope Sony don't start so

Only games with unlocked framerate will take advantage of it and will obviously run at solid 60fps most of the time. I personally find it better how Sony handles backwards compatibility in that regard as they keep the exact same resolution but unlock the rest so that games will perform better. MS have the better compatibility overall but games tend to push graphics harder which means better image quality at the expense of fps.
I think may be XSX has the extra power to make the graphics better and still able to have similar / better fps than PS5, that is why they go for this route.

One thing i am feeling good is, it seems like both of these companies will go for "performance mode with higher FPS" + "graphics mode with 30fps" for the coming years. These extra options are what i was hoping for, i don't mind to have dynamic resolution (with 1080 to be the lowest) and keep the frame rate at 60fps.

I hope game makers will make use of the new power and put more efforts on improving AI and physics.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
The hackers who hacked Capcom, revealed more info, and one of the info really made my day!!!

Dragon Dogma 2 is under development and it seems it is planned to be released on 2022!!!!!!! Many of us guessing the game is under development, but confirmation from the hackers really is a great news!

But bad news is, no Dino Crisis related info.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,134 Posts
I think may be XSX has the extra power to make the graphics better and still able to have similar / better fps than PS5, that is why they go for this route.

One thing i am feeling good is, it seems like both of these companies will go for "performance mode with higher FPS" + "graphics mode with 30fps" for the coming years. These extra options are what i was hoping for, i don't mind to have dynamic resolution (with 1080 to be the lowest) and keep the frame rate at 60fps.

I hope game makers will make use of the new power and put more efforts on improving AI and physics.
The XSX is definitely the stronger one of the two. I also welcome these companies change by somewhat taking in count fps rather than shiny graphics as is the way to go. Another thing I also wish Sony did was offer the possibility to run unsigned code in a sandbox like Xbox do. This open up so much possibilities without the need of any hack while also not compromising the system.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I hope nobody here uses Comcast and lives in The Northern part of the US. 1.2 TB data cap per month...

Comcast Data Caps

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm thinking people might go over occasionally not monthly.

If you're importing your PS4 library to PS5, or XBOX 360/XBOX One to XBOX X, and other similar stuff, it can add up...

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,701 Posts
What about steam on a new computer ...although you can copy over the library if you have the old pc.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm thinking a family that streams movies, TV shows, and plays video games. The PS4 games on the PS5 have to be downloaded right? Just like the XBOX 360 games on the XBOX One.

I get the impression most people don't think of families, two parents and kids... They can eat a lot of bandwidth up.

Yeah, when my PC dies unless I get to save the primary hard drive, there's over a TB of data just game related (Steam and GOG)....

In the US, theaters are getting shut down and all the movies are Streaming as many TV shows as well. All that video at 1080p or 4K eats up data...

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
All the streaming people will be doing with many places losing theaters, maybe permanently, and Apple trying to take Peanuts off Cable as Streaming only. Disney charging an arm and a leg for new movie streaming isn't very nice either. Streaming video games are also the future. How much bandwidth will get eaten up with the Mcrosoft and Sony "leasing" bundles?

23061 - 23080 of 23080 Posts