Next Generation Emulation banner

23041 - 23060 of 23073 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
MS marketing right now is insane they even go as far as made a meme a reality. It's kinda funny as that meme was born out of the idea that the XSX was huge while the PS5 not but the whole thing ended quite the opposite.

I think MS is really doing a great job in marketing this time, and they are keeping the "60fps 4K" target / promise made me gave them my "like".

I think they should be able to convert / convince more gamers to purchase a XSX.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
I think MS is really doing a great job in marketing this time, and they are keeping the "60fps 4K" target / promise made me gave them my "like".

I think they should be able to convert / convince more gamers to purchase a XSX.
Not just the marketing but in general MS went from a horrible company to one of the most pro-consumer friendly companies in gaming history. When you think about gamepass and how many games I have played not to mention money saved by just being lucky and having the service until 2022 for just 1€ is insane. The reason for that is because they can afford to do that and just the fact that they are willed to pull this off is something that i have to give them props. This is not an attack to Sony but if we keep it 100 Sony buys exclusivity from developers and hold games hostage preventing other players from playing those games and now here in Europe they are asking 80€ per game. I understand is their business but times has changed and IMO Sony has to change for the better and for the gamers.

As for game performance I think the companies culture will play a huge roll when it comes to 60fps and I believe MS will be the one to push the majority of 60fps titles. To be fair though Playstation narrative driven games doesn't always need 60fps but it may influence other 3rd party developers.

There's a YouTube channel where the dude seems to have a XSX and is testing a lot of games on it and the performance compared to my PC experience is really impressive which gives me hopes to see games running really well on the console. Make sure to check his channel and watch the other videos:

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Not just the marketing but in general MS went from a horrible company to one of the most pro-consumer friendly companies in gaming history. When you think about gamepass and how many games I have played not to mention money saved by just being lucky and having the service until 2022 for just 1€ is insane. The reason for that is because they can afford to do that and just the fact that they are willed to pull this off is something that i have to give them props. This is not an attack to Sony but if we keep it 100 Sony buys exclusivity from developers and hold games hostage preventing other players from playing those games and now here in Europe they are asking 80€ per game. I understand is their business but times has changed and IMO Sony has to change for the better and for the gamers.

As for game performance I think the companies culture will play a huge roll when it comes to 60fps and I believe MS will be the one to push the majority of 60fps titles. To be fair though Playstation narrative driven games doesn't always need 60fps but it may influence other 3rd party developers.

There's a YouTube channel where the dude seems to have a XSX and is testing a lot of games on it and the performance compared to my PC experience is really impressive which gives me hopes to see games running really well on the console. Make sure to check his channel and watch the other videos:

What is this gamepass about? If i have a gamepass, let's say if my gamepass will expire on 2022, meaning i can play any new games for free from now until my gamepass expires on 2022? Says if Gear of Wars will be out on 2021, the game will be free for me to play? Freaking amazing if this is the case.

About exclusive, i dislike it, but consoles need it. If consoles have no exclusives, my first option is a powerful PC, not any consoles.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
What is this gamepass about? If i have a gamepass, let's say if my gamepass will expire on 2022, meaning i can play any new games for free from now until my gamepass expires on 2022? Says if Gear of Wars will be out on 2021, the game will be free for me to play? Freaking amazing if this is the case.
Yes! I didn't pay a single penny to play Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, Ori 2, A plague tales and Street of Rage 4 just to mention few and I won't have to pay a single penny for any of the games releasing until 2022 coming from MS and beyond that either if I keep my subscription.

Gamepass is MS version of Netflix in case you are familiar with it. The difference is that all Xbox first party games stays in the service forever this includes Gears, Halo, Forza, Hellblade, Minecraft, Flight Simulator, Ori, Bethesda games, EA Play, OG Xbox and 360 games and in fact ALL games developed by MS studios. They keep adding third party titles such as Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, Devil May Cry 5 and many more but those get removed from time to time while they keep adding more but as I said all first party titles stays forever in the service as well as all future first titles.

The service also give you a ultimate subscription(which I have until 2022) that gives you access to games on Xbox and PC as well as XCloud game streaming.

About exclusive, i dislike it, but consoles need it. If consoles have no exclusives, my first option is a powerful PC, not any consoles.
I totally understand but the problem I see is that if streaming and services take off Sony may be in a very bad spot and could be left behind. The strategy used to work but the gaming world is changing hence why Sony have been looking for ways to bring their games to PC as they need more revenue. As we all know hardware have never been the main source of revenue but quite the opposite in most cases as companies usually lose money in hardware and recoup the loss with software.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Yes! I didn't pay a single penny to play Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, Ori 2, A plague tales and Street of Rage 4 just to mention few and I won't have to pay a single penny for any of the games releasing until 2022 coming from MS and beyond that either if I keep my subscription.

Gamepass is MS version of Netflix in case you are familiar with it. The difference is that all Xbox first party games stays in the service forever this includes Gears, Halo, Forza, Hellblade, Minecraft, Flight Simulator, Ori, Bethesda games, EA Play, OG Xbox and 360 games and in fact ALL games developed by MS studios. They keep adding third party titles such as Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V, Devil May Cry 5 and many more but those get removed from time to time while they keep adding more but as I said all first party titles stays forever in the service as well as all future first titles.

The service also give you a ultimate subscription(which I have until 2022) that gives you access to games on Xbox and PC as well as XCloud game streaming.

I totally understand but the problem I see is that if streaming and services take off Sony may be in a very bad spot and could be left behind. The strategy used to work but the gaming world is changing hence why Sony have been looking for ways to bring their games to PC as they need more revenue. As we all know hardware have never been the main source of revenue but quite the opposite in most cases as companies usually lose money in hardware and recoup the loss with software.
Sounds really great! As you referring to Netflix, i am guessing this is game streaming services? If it is, not really my cup of tea (i really can't accept streaming to play games, i have tested it, but i don't like it, but i know it is very nice for certain group of gamers), nevertheless, it is a really great offer! Microsoft is really doing great so far, thumbsup!!!(y)(y)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Sounds really great! As you referring to Netflix, i am guessing this is game streaming services? If it is, not really my cup of tea (i really can't accept streaming to play games, i have tested it, but i don't like it, but i know it is very nice for certain group of gamers), nevertheless, it is a really great offer! Microsoft is really doing great so far, thumbsup!!!(y)(y)
Gamepass is not a streaming service but more like a service that give you access to a huge library of games for Xbox and PC as long as you are subscribed. As a bonus it also have a streaming service that you can use but is an option and not the main focus of the service.

You download and play games just as you usually do when you purchase them and you have the option to play them, buy them at a discount or stream them if you so wish.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
Hey, my box is dented. I get a 50% discount, right?

There was only one scalper: me.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Gamepass is not a streaming service but more like a service that give you access to a huge library of games for Xbox and PC as long as you are subscribed. As a bonus it also have a streaming service that you can use but is an option and not the main focus of the service.

You download and play games just as you usually do when you purchase them and you have the option to play them, buy them at a discount or stream them if you so wish.
Holyshit, that is really a killer. (y)(y)

Recently i have been watching more games that have RT enabled, i really like the reflection on mirrors / cars / waters, etc.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
It's great for parents who have children playing video games. Why waste $70-$100 a game for sometimes under 10 hours of gameplay when they can have a library on hand that changes monthly cheaper per month than 2 full priced games.

Now if you're a cheap scape bundle purchaser who has a backlog why pay monthly to add to a backlog?

Reactions: Nightmare

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
WooHoo, my second Yakuza game from a Humble Bundle, Darksiders 3, and 3 games I instantly installed on my PC (Townsman, Little Misfortune, and Darksburg.) It'll be a long while before I play Yakuza Kiwami 2 or Darksiders 3, but for $12 I don't mind having them in my library with the other games. Maybe patience is a virtue even if I suck at it... ;)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
PlayStation 5 Backwards Compatibility Tested

Quite a good news imo.
That's indeed a good news and I really hope more 60fps get available in games. The resolution BS we had was never anything of value and so the pixel counting but solid framerate and most specially 60fps is the most important aspect of gaming.

Something very interesting and related to the topic is this which surprised me to be honest.

·
Administrator
15,453 Posts
That's indeed a good news and I really hope more 60fps get available in games. The resolution BS we had was never anything of value and so the pixel counting but solid framerate and most specially 60fps is the most important aspect of gaming.

Something very interesting and related to the topic is this which surprised me to be honest.

probably down to the faster cpu speeds on the series x

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
probably down to the faster cpu speeds on the series x
Not just that but also a constant and reliable SSD speeds. The PS5 may have the faster SSD but it may not be constant and companies tend to use the "PEAK" speeds as a norm but it may not be the real thing. Is like comparing 100mbits mobile connection to a 50mbits wired connection at home. On paper the mobile connection may be faster but a reliable wired connection at home will always provide better results.

That's the only logical explanation to the results for me....

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts

Here is the PS4 pro vs PS5 comparison. I somehow feel the speed difference is not that big compare to my PS4 pro that has an SSD, which i was actually expected much faster loading.

But the surprise part is the game (New Spiderman) that was developed for PS5 that also available on PS4, the loading speed difference is so huge on PS4 Pro hdd and PS5 (should be able to beat my SSD on PS4 Pro with a big margin). I guess we can only see the better advantage of the PS5 SSD architecture when a game is developed on PS5.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Here is the PS4 pro vs PS5 comparison. I somehow feel the speed difference is not that big compare to my PS4 pro that has an SSD, which i was actually expected much faster loading.

But the surprise part is the game (New Spiderman) that was developed for PS5 that also available on PS4, the loading speed difference is so huge on PS4 Pro hdd and PS5 (should be able to beat my SSD on PS4 Pro with a big margin). I guess we can only see the better advantage of the PS5 SSD architecture when a game is developed on PS5.
The comparisons between the XSX and the PS5 or against the PS4 Pro are meant to be be raw comparisons. That is very important to see the raw speeds and improvements of the SSD only. Games developed for the PS5 or even the XSX SSD will be outstanding as they will make use of the hardware features to improve loading drastically.

One thing that was really interesting is the fact that Monster Hunter World on the XSX loaded without optimizations instantly from the menu to the gameplay which somewhat makes me wonder.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
The comparisons between the XSX and the PS5 or against the PS4 Pro are meant to be be raw comparisons. That is very important to see the raw speeds and improvements of the SSD only. Games developed for the PS5 or even the XSX SSD will be outstanding as they will make use of the hardware features to improve loading drastically.

One thing that was really interesting is the fact that Monster Hunter World on the XSX loaded without optimizations instantly from the menu to the gameplay which somewhat makes me wonder.
I am wondering about that part too. PS5 loading speed seems slower than my PS4 pro SSD or perhaps just the same, i will need to do a checking.

23041 - 23060 of 23073 Posts