Next Generation Emulation banner

22841 - 22860 of 22961 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
This is pretty cute, I think I would have loved making my own courses as a kid.

Reactions: Samor

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is coming to the Switch, it includes Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

The excellent Super Mario 3D World is coming to the Switch with an extra DLC/Expansion called Bowser's Fury.

Super Mario Bros 35 seems to be a free multiplayer version of Super Mario Bros in which 35 players compete to finish first. It includes a few new extra features to make this more difficult.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,076 Posts
I think the XSX will be the one to show more stable fps and 4k from the two but Sony will use their "30fps to gain resource" card to push prettier graphics. I come to that conclusion after seeing games such as the upcoming Miles Morales and R&C having a optional 60fps mode which pretty much shows the console is simply not powerful enough.

As for PC..... I had the same issue when I used my PC next to my TV and I recommend you not to do that. In my case I build my house 4 years ago with that in mind and made an extra room that connects to the livingroom through a whole in the wall so I see no console or PC but just my TV. We still use it for regular surfing and youtube videos BUT i'm able to focus more and play games as my PC feels like playing on a console. I also stricktly use a gamepad just to fool my brain that i'm playing on a console hehehehehehe.

The cheat problem is a huge issue on PC but companies are going more aggressive now against those cheaters which is a step in the right direction at least. Overall there hasn't been a better time to buy, build and play on PC as right now IMO.
Most likely i will get a new PC after my new house is ready, which is about 2+ years from now. Hopefully more Sony's exclusives would be ported to PC that time, and more games with Next-Gen level's graphics that would make use of the power of the new RTX cards. I will also explore the world of VR, hope VR's control and graphics would have bigger break through sooner. There are so many things i want to try, hehe.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
Most likely i will get a new PC after my new house is ready, which is about 2+ years from now. Hopefully more Sony's exclusives would be ported to PC that time, and more games with Next-Gen level's graphics that would make use of the power of the new RTX cards. I will also explore the world of VR, hope VR's control and graphics would have bigger break through sooner. There are so many things i want to try, hehe.
Totally recommend you to get a PC and as I said in my other post there hasn't been a better time to game on PC than now ;)

The problem I personally see with next generation consoles is that I expected 4k 60fps to be standard but is not looking like is going to be the case and most specially on the Playstation side where they still stick to 30fps to provide a 4k resolution. That to me speaks a clear language and is the fact that those consoles and most specifically the PS5 aren't where they needed to be to provide a really next-gen leap that we deserved after all the resolution wars and BS we had this generation.

The nearest approach we have is MS with the XSX but they haven't show much so I can't say for sure. Now with more games coming to PC we have more options out there and we can decide depending our financial position.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
Here are two funny videos, which unfortunately don't make sense to me, because I understand both languages and obviously spoil my fun. At least you guys can have fun :p

·
332 Posts
Here are two funny videos, which unfortunately don't make sense to me, because I understand both languages and obviously spoil my fun.
My mother tongue is Spanish and I can hardly understand anything after the minute of the second video. From that point on, it is practically a foreign language without Latin roots.

Agua... subido... marea... paella...

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
My mother tongue is Spanish and I can hardly understand anything after the minute of the second video. From that point on, it is practically a foreign language without Latin roots.

Agua... subido... marea... paella...
Yo tampoco lo entiendo todo pues el se rie demasiado :p

The thing is that when you understand what they are saying from the start it obviously don't match with the text and it gets kinda meh. The same happen with the other video since I speak German as well(if you checked my videos almost everything is in German) so the whole fun is destroyed for me hehehehehe.

Ese es el problema de hablar varias lenguas jejejejeje.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
It's better if the voices are redone as well. Or you can watch it with the volume down ;)
That's an option too ;)

I can already play doom eternal at high fps max settings at 4k
You are a early adopter but there are many who got the 2080ti recently who are now screwed :p

There are also others like me who waited and are now happy to see it was worth it ;)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Witcher 3 is coming to next-gen consoles with faster load times and some visual improvements (including ray-tracing).
The new version will be sold as stand-alone on PC, Xbox Series X and PS5, while also being offered as a free upgrade to people owning the game on PC, Xbox and PS4.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,687 Posts
Seems my Dreamcast is on its last legs. It has the reset issue it had before, I know you can temporary fix it by bending some internal pins but the more you do that the worse it will get eventually. I'm not good at the more permanent fixes that involve soldering.

Can't complain, it has worked nicely for 19 years.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
You are a early adopter but there are many who got the 2080ti recently who are now screwed :p

There are also others like me who waited and are now happy to see it was worth it ;)
I have never regretted anything I have bought, could care less. The only idiots involved are the ones panic selling the 2080 ti on ebay for $500-700 thinking they can buy ampere cards that are 100 % are gonna be limited stock.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
I have never regretted anything I have bought, could care less. The only idiots involved are the ones panic selling the 2080 ti on ebay for $500-700 thinking they can buy ampere cards that are 100 % are gonna be limited stock.
Same here... I don't regret anything I buy regardless of what happen and the 2080 TI is still a damn good card. However, I know some people here who aren't happy after building a rig a month ago powered by a 2080TI that cost them over 1.4k just to find out they could have waited and get something better for the money.

I was actually considering getting a 2080 TI myself 2 weeks ago and was looking at the 1200-1400 range. I'm glad I didn't hit the purchase button early as I usually do. Right now I will wait what's necessary and get a 3080 or a 3090 as I was planning to burn 1.5k in a new GPU anyway but we will see.

In our local online market I can now see 2080 TI being sold for 400 bucks already which is insane.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,080 Posts
or wait for next year since its likely that the 3080 ti will be released in 2021
Yeah that's the other option since the 3090 feels more like a waste of money considering how good the 3080 is. A TI variant will bring the sweet spot between the two for a competitive price.

22841 - 22860 of 22961 Posts