Next Generation Emulation banner

22701 - 22720 of 22958 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,687 Posts
I played the other ones, might replay them although for me halo isn't really a series with replay value as I am not interested in mp, I'm there for the story mostly. I want to know what happened in Guardians before I go into Infinite.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
I played the other ones, might replay them although for me halo isn't really a series with replay value as I am not interested in mp, I'm there for the story mostly. I want to know what happened in Guardians before I go into Infinite.
Galson and I have become real closed friends after he left ngemu and he already convinced me to play the game because of the story. He told me that the story is one of the best Xbox have to offer. I have to admit I was never a fan of the serie but 4 got my interest and made me play and beat 5 which I did enjoyed.

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
Here I am in the past backing up my dusty old Playstation Disks to play on my PC and later on my Tablet while everyone else is drooling with anticipation of getting next gen systems. o_O

Reactions: Samor

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
Current gen: trees and draw distance

VS
Next gen: trees and draw distance

On a more serious note, I do hope Microsoft is working silently and planning to surprise us.
I don't get their excuse of an "early build" either. The game is meant to release very soon, most likely in around 4 month. Games that aren't releasing for another year have shown us far more developed footage. This shouldn't be holding them back, this game should be close to ready.
I still believe they'll be able to turn this around and release something good looking, I'm personally thinking (and hoping) this is the result of them lacking time to put something together, but that the game itself will be ready. It wouldn't make sense for the big Halo game, the console launch title, to be the one title they forgot about and didn't properly develop. They know what's at stake.

I'm also thinking of sharing more Tsushima screenshots in the screenshot thread purely because I'm surprised at how pretty this game is. Not necessarily in a 'very detailed' way, but more about the entire vibe and global design of the game. It's very serene and beautiful.

Attachments

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
Current gen: trees and draw distance

VS
Next gen: trees and draw distance

On a more serious note, I do hope Microsoft is working silently and planning to surprise us.
I don't get their excuse of an "early build" either. The game is meant to release very soon, most likely in around 4 month. Games that aren't releasing for another year have shown us far more developed footage. This shouldn't be holding them back, this game should be close to ready.
I still believe they'll be able to turn this around and release something good looking, I'm personally thinking (and hoping) this is the result of them lacking time to put something together, but that the game itself will be ready. It wouldn't make sense for the big Halo game, the console launch title, to be the one title they forgot about and didn't properly develop. They know what's at stake.

I'm also thinking of sharing more Tsushima screenshots in the screenshot thread purely because I'm surprised at how pretty this game is. Not necessarily in a 'very detailed' way, but more about the entire vibe and global design of the game. It's very serene and beautiful.
The game will be released in just a few months, so there is no way they can suddenly make the game look like a completely different game, it's impossible. I think the problem lies in the management of MS, as I expressed in another post. If you look at Phil's view or Greenberg's view, you'll find that their view of "Awesome graphics", "Knocked out of the park" etc. is completely different from what we expect. To be more precise, the graphically impressive games Phil loves are mostly Indies and AA games. His idea of quality has nothing to do with what we expect, and quality control seems to be completely missing.

As I've always said here... it doesn't matter which console manufacturer does something bad, I'm going to call it out, and after a while MS is the one who gives me reasons for it. I really hope they change quickly, otherwise the next generation will be bad for them, and not even GP will save them.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
The game will be released in just a few months, so there is no way they can suddenly make the game look like a completely different game, it's impossible. I think the problem lies in the management of MS, as I expressed in another post. If you look at Phil's view or Greenberg's view, you'll find that their view of "Awesome graphics", "Knocked out of the park" etc. is completely different from what we expect. To be more precise, the graphically impressive games Phil loves are mostly Indies and AA games. His idea of quality has nothing to do with what we expect, and quality control seems to be completely missing.

As I've always said here... it doesn't matter which console manufacturer does something bad, I'm going to call it out, and after a while MS is the one who gives me reasons for it. I really hope they change quickly, otherwise the next generation will be bad for them, and not even GP will save them.
This does tie back into your argument about hardware and software.
It doesn't matter how good the hardware is (console) if the software (video game) doesn't make proper use of it.

My hope is that they don't have to make it look like a completely different game, and that the footage looked terrible simply because everybody is busy with overtime/crunch time and as a result the demo suffered and was left understaffed.
I'm not fully sold in that theory either since the game is so close to release that they shouldn't have to work hard on showing it to us, but I'm hoping this is what happened.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
In some other news... Gabe Newell is not often the main topic in the media, but you will hear a lot everywhere you go in the next few days. I reckon he'll get death threats and all sorts of stuff, as well as hate from all the ponies that will come after his neck.

Watch the video below and find out why...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SeriesXbox/comments/hzen18
Here is the full interview on youtube but for toxic obvious reasons comments are deactivated:

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
This does tie back into your argument about hardware and software.
It doesn't matter how good the hardware is (console) if the software (video game) doesn't make proper use of it.

My hope is that they don't have to make it look like a completely different game, and that the footage looked terrible simply because everybody is busy with overtime/crunch time and as a result the demo suffered and was left understaffed.
I'm not fully sold in that theory either since the game is so close to release that they shouldn't have to work hard on showing it to us, but I'm hoping this is what happened.
In order to provide a proper next-gen experience they will have to but I highly doubt that is gonna be the case. MS isn't lacking in technology or manpower and is just like my rant in the past about Windows Phones. MS seem to be all over the place when it comes to development and I ask myself daily how in hell they are that successful.

They focus way too much in different things that get lost in the process and that will hurt them. To get the full power of the console they will have to make the game from the ground up for that console only but Infinite clearly was made with the OG XB1 in mind when you look at the graphics.

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
The only good thing I see for next gen consoles is for parents who want to use the "rental" systems offered by paying the annual fee so their kids get to play an ever changing library of games without mom and dad shelling out $70 a pop for games the kiddies will get bored playing quickly only to be replaced by more games at $70 a pop each.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,687 Posts
Here I am in the past backing up my dusty old Playstation Disks to play on my PC and later on my Tablet while everyone else is drooling with anticipation of getting next gen systems. o_O
but I do that too, I actually bought some missing ps1 games before all that Corona jam happened. I want to play them on my tablet.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
In order to provide a proper next-gen experience they will have to but I highly doubt that is gonna be the case. MS isn't lacking in technology or manpower and is just like my rant in the past about Windows Phones. MS seem to be all over the place when it comes to development and I ask myself daily how in hell they are that successful.

They focus way too much in different things that get lost in the process and that will hurt them. To get the full power of the console they will have to make the game from the ground up for that console only but Infinite clearly was made with the OG XB1 in mind when you look at the graphics.
I just want them to avoid a poor launch. It seems like they start each generation with a handicap due to a poor move.
The 360 starting well but being kneecapped by the RROD, the X1 announcement landing poorly due to a heavy focus on movies and the kinect, and now possibly the SX being showcased through Halo Infinite.
This can color the way people see the console moving forward, and could undermine their biggest advantage: a huge amount of power in a (relatively) small box.
I thought they were about to break the cycle and start on two solid feet, and I still think they might do it, but they gotta fix Halo.

If Halo sucks, people are gonna ask themselves an important question: if Microsoft isn't willing to work harder on their biggest franchise, on the launch of their strongest console, what can I expect them to do for me a year or two from now? What can I expect in term of quality when the game isn't Halo on launch day?
It's both a fair and unfair question. And it's definitely one that will change how people perceive the console.

It's why I don't want them to fuck up the launch, it's important for the health of the console moving forward.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,687 Posts
well, and they don't have a good track record with consumer hardware in general. Didn't they have something called Mixed Reality? What happened to that? Oh, right...

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
Thanakil, I think you've made some great observations about the past 2 gen XBOX system and yeah, they don't seem to do well.

I'm glad I purchased an XBOX 360 slim. I primarily wanted a console that had a good amount of fighting games. Now Steam has so many and they drop in price so quickly I see no reason for a console save my Nintendo addiction which makes me want to buy every console / portable they sell.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
I just want them to avoid a poor launch. It seems like they start each generation with a handicap due to a poor move.
The 360 starting well but being kneecapped by the RROD, the X1 announcement landing poorly due to a heavy focus on movies and the kinect, and now possibly the SX being showcased through Halo Infinite.
This can color the way people see the console moving forward, and could undermine their biggest advantage: a huge amount of power in a (relatively) small box.
I thought they were about to break the cycle and start on two solid feet, and I still think they might do it, but they gotta fix Halo.

If Halo sucks, people are gonna ask themselves an important question: if Microsoft isn't willing to work harder on their biggest franchise, on the launch of their strongest console, what can I expect them to do for me a year or two from now? What can I expect in term of quality when the game isn't Halo on launch day?
It's both a fair and unfair question. And it's definitely one that will change how people perceive the console.

It's why I don't want them to fuck up the launch, it's important for the health of the console moving forward.
They have solid hardware and solid reveal this time, so there is that. As for the hardware, I think that the case should have been designed a little differently and that it should have had removable side panels so that we could get custom parts from third parties, etc. In terms of software, they have a problem, and oddly enough, their strength as a company lies in software, which makes me facepalm hard. I really think the problem is weak management, and they have to fix that first, otherwise the rest will always suck.

Personally, I don't think Halo Infinite will be bad and most likely will be a solid game. However, 343 have some kind of track record of releasing buggy games, and now that they have to fix the graphics (if they decide to do so), I can imagine that a rough start will destroy the probably great game overall.

Until MS stops doing too many things at once, I can't imagine that they will solve their problems. They need to focus on one thing at a time and they will succeed. They have all the cards in their hand, but they just do other things instead.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
well, and they don't have a good track record with consumer hardware in general. Didn't they have something called Mixed Reality? What happened to that? Oh, right...
Personally, I wish they would bring Xbox and Surface together and just call it Surface. That line of products has a great reputation and, if I'm not mistaken, it's made by the same team, so it makes sense. They want their games in as many devices as possible, so they can offer a whole range of products to play these games.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,078 Posts
As I said... I believe such a technology is the future and most specially next generation. It not just help improve performance but also push the boundaries and graphics and that's great for gaming.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
As I said... I believe such a technology is the future and most specially next generation. It not just help improve performance but also push the boundaries and graphics and that's great for gaming.
I find that tech to be excellent, but I'm still curious to see how AMD's version will perform. Nvidia benefit from having polished it over time (the early versions sucked) and from running it on dedicated hardware (helps avoid the performance impact).

Im still sold on it, and I see myself getting a new AMD card in the near future, but I do wonder how itll compare to actual DLSS2.

22701 - 22720 of 22958 Posts