Next Generation Emulation banner

22581 - 22600 of 22651 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
That only apply to a successful game at the end of the generation though. AAA games are being released right from the start and 1 out of 5 titles may get the money back(I remember reading that from a Sony exec interview) and that is exactly the problem. AAA games are getting way too expensive and if the game don't sell well for whatever the reason the loss is huge. You also forget that 200m isn't everything and for instance TLOU 2 have a very heavy marketing which cost a lot of money as well. For instance I turn my Fire Stick and get a huge TLOU 2 banner and the same goes for YouTube, FB, news etc.
Ive heard that many games spend as much on marketing aa they do on development, but even then: wouldnt you spenf 300 to 400m if it meant you got 1000m in return? I also find it unlikely that only 1 out of 5 games makes back its money. The FF7 remake sold 3.5m in the first 3 days, Days Gone was a surpise hit and even the comparatively low sales of Death Stranding appears to have been enough to make a nice profit. I dont think theyve released official numbers, but the budget was believed to be between 50m to 100m, with the game making about 200m so far.

Unless I misunderstood and you meant that 1 out of 5 games released at launch makes back its budget, in which case I can absolutely believe it. The launch window is hell for developers and publishers.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
Ive heard that many games spend as much on marketing aa they do on development, but even then: wouldnt you spenf 300 to 400m if it meant you got 1000m in return? I also find it unlikely that only 1 out of 5 games makes back its money. The FF7 remake sold 3.5m in the first 3 days, Days Gone was a surpise hit and even the comparatively low sales of Death Stranding appears to have been enough to make a nice profit. I dont think theyve released official numbers, but the budget was believed to be between 50m to 100m, with the game making about 200m so far.

Unless I misunderstood and you meant that 1 out of 5 games released at launch makes back its budget, in which case I can absolutely believe it. The launch window is hell for developers and publishers.
I was looking for the interview yesterday and couldn't find it but is with Yoshida if i'm not mistaken. What he was saying isn't that always 1 out of 5 games makes back for all of them but that is sort of a general rule as you have good times when more games are successful and others that don't but in general you have only few recouping for more than just their own is what he tried to say in that interview.

I will continue searching for the interview and will post it here as soon as I find it.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
That's really weird that you are getting that issue with the game and wonder why... as for the game I think they went a little too far with the story. Since you are already far enough I can say it now.... I personally don't like the story because there is too many flashbacks trying to explain the story and try to create connections so it makes sense. I have no problem with Joel dying but the way he dies in the game makes no sense as he and Tommy are very experienced and never trust anyone and dying like that after saying his name was kinda dumb. Sure people do dumb things in real life and die but the scenario he was put on was bad.

The worst of the story for me is making you play the ugly woman that happen to be the killer and then at the end.... well you will see what happen. Overall the gameplay(even though I have quite few things to say) is solid and the story is actually not that bad but badly executed IMO.
Ya, i agreed the part they said their names was a "bug". Joel's face should be recognised by them and there was really no need to speak out their names (to make friends? lol). Made it that they said fake names but still leaded to the scene would make more sense. For the dumb act, only explanation here would be they have been getting older, dealing with zombies too often, not facing human enemy for too long, slowly lost vigilance over the year, and did this big mistake after just survived from zombie attack, but even so, still stupid to speak out their real names.

While the part that let us control Abby, that is really "cruel", even me felt "WTF" at the beginning, i just controlled someone that killed Joel!? But i would say that part was kinda emotional due to they let us control her, then after that we saw her killed Joel. Letting us to control Abby at the end, probably was to let us to understand her part of story. Seems like the story is telling us the right thing we do, might be a wrong thing in other people's eyes. If TLOU is Abby's story, i guess people would feel happy when Joel was killed.

For the flash back parts, i am fine actually. Many dramas, movies, comics using this method to explain things or to let us know more about the past.

For the motion sick, you made me thought about it, why this game caused more troubles to me compare to other 30fps games? I think It could be due to the motion blur setting! I remember the motion blur was set at 10 and i adjusted it to be 5. I usually disabled motion blur, guess i should set it to 1 and see if that would help.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I acknowledge The Last of Us 2 is going to make a ton of money, may be GotY, will have a sequel, etc....

The only thing I dislike is rabid fans who can't accept the fact people may not like the game.

There are many popular games, movies, songs, sitcoms, I don't like. I have the same right to dislike stuff and others can disagree, others can dislike what I like.

Society seems to not understand people have a right to an opinion, a difference of opinion, and to accepts others opinions without agreeing with those opinions.
This actually happens to everything in this world.
Sony lover hate Xbox and vice versa
Iphone lovers hate Samsung and vice versa
Java programmers feel C# sucks and vice versa
Trump's supporters hate Biden and vice versa
Chrome fans dislike Firefox and vice versa.
People who like Korea actors/actresses think Japan actor/actresses sucks and vice versa.

The list is endless.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I'm not a fan of any console over another. I just don't care for the story in TLOU 1 or 2.

People are buying the game, it's a success. It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Now Nintendo games I like because I'm a Mario Bros, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox junkie.

But I can play more games on my PC and see little reason to get a Playstion or XBOX.

However I don't care if people love Sony consoles, XBOX consoles or any other stuff.

What others like and dislike doesn't change my opinion of what I like or dislike.

I also dislike Biden and Trump like I disliked Hillary Clinton and Trump. I may vote for the family cat, Newkey Baker for President of the US this year. :p

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Something interesting: Microsoft might focus on the "xbox all access" program to make the Series X more affordable. I dont think everyone will enjoy the idea of the program, since gamers arent fans of not owning in clear terms what theyre buying, but I find it very interesting.

The program is inspired by phone contracts, where in this specific case you can pay between 20 to 25$ monthly to get a xbox s or xbox x. For the X1X you would pay 25 a month for 2 years. The price is higher than what you could get in store, since its 600$ total, while MS has sold 400 bundles of console + game, BUT you also get 2 years of the game pass.

I personally believed that the best way for MS to help launch the xsx was to include a year for free with the console, since the first year or two of a new gen can be dry in games. But if they offer the console for a reasonable monthly price AND include the pass with it, it could make the console very appealing to people.

Gamers have already shown theyre willing to pay monthly fee, the game pass shows this. The idea of getting a new console by increasing the cost of your game pass would definitely appeal to some people. Only downside is still the idea of a contract: theres already a negative opinion toward how cell phone companies conduct business. The major draw for the company I use is their no-contract approach. I think people will have bad memories surface when they hear the gaming world is getting ideas from the cell phone world, but I do really like having this alternative. I think it brings down the barrier (cost) that keeps many people away.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I see parents liking the rental idea as they may be tired of buying $69-$100 games for their kids that they finish quickly...

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
I'm a big fan of gamepass (ultimate) myself. It allows me to discover games I wouldn't (be able to) try otherwise. It is a much better deal than psn or psnow ever had too.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I previously wondered how both Sony and MS could boost launch sales of their new consoles, and I think that changing their current subscription services could help a lot.

What I had in mind for MS:
  • Remove the cost to play multiplayer games online. After being responsible for starting this trend, it would be good to see MS be the first to kill it.
  • Remove the monthly free games. It feels redundant with the game pass. Focus on adding games to the pass instead.
  • By removing the paid multi and the monthly games, you get to simplify your subscriptions or passes. Less confusion for newcomers, less payments, just one simple and valuable pass.
  • Focus on the game pass itself. Lately the pass has been losing some good games, and gaining fewer games. For example theyre about to lose 9 games (including a few big ones) and gaining 4 (smaller titles) in return. Its becoming an unfortunate trend, but I believe MS can reverse it.
  • Give one free year of game pass with the XSX. Its expensive to buy a console AND full priced games. So make the deal amazing by giving games with the console.
Summary: Free multi, fewer subscriptions to mess with, bigger focus on the great game pass. Give long free trial to help keep people playing during the first year while games are in development.

What I thought could help Sony:
  • Split PSNow in 2 tiers: a basic tier which would include older games (ps1 to 3 for now, 1 to 4 in a few years) and a current tier (ps1 to 5).
  • Similar to Xbox, remove the monthly games, focus on adding them to the ps now service.
  • Bundle PS Now with PS Plus. For the price of the currwnt PS Plus, get the current PS Plus and the basic/old tier of PS Now. For an increased price, get it and add the newer game.
  • To help launch the PS5, bundle a code which can be redeemed to get free PS4 games. Patch all the "playstation hits" to work on the PS5, and let people who use the code get 3 of those games for free. This would be a good way to leverage the strenght of the PS4 (big library) to help sell the PS5.
Summary: split the PSnow in two tiers, reduce entry cost by bundling lower tier in psplus, focus more on psnow and less on the traditional benefits of psplus, use the ps4 games as free taste to sell the PS5.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Both ideas have a lot of merit. Whether they'd go for it, I dunno. The gaming industry never seems to know what's best for the long run. They're too greedy and turn off a lot of customers.

I'm surprised you didn't suggest Sony stop censoring games and being too SJW... It doesn't bother me that much, but I figure Sony fans don't like the fact Nintendo censor's less than Sony.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
Something interesting: Microsoft might focus on the "xbox all access" program to make the Series X more affordable. I dont think everyone will enjoy the idea of the program, since gamers arent fans of not owning in clear terms what theyre buying, but I find it very interesting.

The program is inspired by phone contracts, where in this specific case you can pay between 20 to 25$ monthly to get a xbox s or xbox x. For the X1X you would pay 25 a month for 2 years. The price is higher than what you could get in store, since its 600$ total, while MS has sold 400 bundles of console + game, BUT you also get 2 years of the game pass.

I personally believed that the best way for MS to help launch the xsx was to include a year for free with the console, since the first year or two of a new gen can be dry in games. But if they offer the console for a reasonable monthly price AND include the pass with it, it could make the console very appealing to people.

Gamers have already shown theyre willing to pay monthly fee, the game pass shows this. The idea of getting a new console by increasing the cost of your game pass would definitely appeal to some people. Only downside is still the idea of a contract: theres already a negative opinion toward how cell phone companies conduct business. The major draw for the company I use is their no-contract approach. I think people will have bad memories surface when they hear the gaming world is getting ideas from the cell phone world, but I do really like having this alternative. I think it brings down the barrier (cost) that keeps many people away.
Actually there are many who are interested and even Playstation fans seems to embrace the deal. I for one am against such things but I can see why some may like it.

Here is a Playstation fan that did what most don't and that is actually buy(through Xbox all access) and experience Xbox as a real gamer and not like a delusional one... but I will let him talk:

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
I previously wondered how both Sony and MS could boost launch sales of their new consoles, and I think that changing their current subscription services could help a lot.

What I had in mind for MS:
  • Remove the cost to play multiplayer games online. After being responsible for starting this trend, it would be good to see MS be the first to kill it.
  • Remove the monthly free games. It feels redundant with the game pass. Focus on adding games to the pass instead.
  • By removing the paid multi and the monthly games, you get to simplify your subscriptions or passes. Less confusion for newcomers, less payments, just one simple and valuable pass.
  • Focus on the game pass itself. Lately the pass has been losing some good games, and gaining fewer games. For example theyre about to lose 9 games (including a few big ones) and gaining 4 (smaller titles) in return. Its becoming an unfortunate trend, but I believe MS can reverse it.
  • Give one free year of game pass with the XSX. Its expensive to buy a console AND full priced games. So make the deal amazing by giving games with the console.
Summary: Free multi, fewer subscriptions to mess with, bigger focus on the great game pass. Give long free trial to help keep people playing during the first year while games are in development.

What I thought could help Sony:
  • Split PSNow in 2 tiers: a basic tier which would include older games (ps1 to 3 for now, 1 to 4 in a few years) and a current tier (ps1 to 5).
  • Similar to Xbox, remove the monthly games, focus on adding them to the ps now service.
  • Bundle PS Now with PS Plus. For the price of the currwnt PS Plus, get the current PS Plus and the basic/old tier of PS Now. For an increased price, get it and add the newer game.
  • To help launch the PS5, bundle a code which can be redeemed to get free PS4 games. Patch all the "playstation hits" to work on the PS5, and let people who use the code get 3 of those games for free. This would be a good way to leverage the strenght of the PS4 (big library) to help sell the PS5.
Summary: split the PSnow in two tiers, reduce entry cost by bundling lower tier in psplus, focus more on psnow and less on the traditional benefits of psplus, use the ps4 games as free taste to sell the PS5.
I agree with some of those points but I don't think Sony have to do anything to actually sell consoles. They have a loyal sheep community probably worse than Apple and they can throw shit at them and they will buy no matter what. They show a logo and after months a controller and it was like the best thing since sliced bread until they show the console recently... this is not me trying to throw some shade but the actual reality on all communities right now but Sony happens to have the bigger and most delusional one.

Microsoft in the other hands have A LOT to proof and while they are doing some great steps and pro consumer moves they still have a long road ahead. Apart from that I don't believe that MS execs actually are aware of the real issues behind their games and what they have to do to market them properly. MS reminds me of those kids I bullied as a kid who gladly offered their stuff just to be my friends but at the end they were nothing but the punching bag. MS have no guts and believe that good will is the way to go when their competitor don't waste a second to slap them in the face.

For instance look at God of War a game that won GOTY. Is God of War better than Gears 5? that is subjective but what isn't are the facts that while almost nobody is playing God of War anymore nor even think about it there are many playing Gears 5 still so what's going on? the reason is plain and simple and that's MS failing marketing and proper value to their IP. That's what MS execs need to learn but on the other hands they will end having the same sheep community as Apple and Sony have and Xbox have some toxic people as well just not as many as the community is smaller.

That being said Sony actually don't have to move a finger IMO.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Apples versus oranges...I'm not into Gears and so so into God of War. Some people prefer one genre over another.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
while almost nobody is playing God of War anymore nor even think about it there are many playing Gears 5 still so what's going on?
GOW has no repeat replay value if you ask me, may be some people might play it 2-3 times. But Gear5 is a shooting game, and it has multiplayer mode, definitely will last a lot longer than GOW.

--------------

For TLOU2, i have finally reaching the part saving the scar's girl.
1. After Ellie killed Abby's friends and they finally facing each other, i was like : "Ok!!! let me whack her and shoot her!!!!"
2. Then i started control Abby, my feeling changed, i don't hate her anymore. She is just like a mirror of Ellie.
3. She wasn't ugly (which many made joke on her appearance and is one of the main reasons of hating her), but the death of her father made her went to the road of revenge and that motivated her to be as strong as possible. I feel pity on her.
4. She has friends, just like Ellie. When i control Ellie, i have no mercy when killing Abby's friends, but when i got to know Abby and her friends, i then feel something. They aren't merciless killing machines, both sides are innocent, both sides have friends and families.
5. I really can't hate Abby now. She is not a bad person at all, the fact that she even trying to help the 2 scars' girls made me felt comfortable, i might do the same thing based on my characteristic. If someone helps me, i must find a chance to help him / her back, and i would do more as my appreciation.
6. The story is realistic, when we don't know someone or when we assume someone is bad, we tend to "hate" on them just by knowing them from "stories". One example, Abby hates Scars, and wouldn't think twice to kill them, but when she was saved by the 2 girls, the story is different. The stories trying to tell us we are just seeing points from our point of views, many of our opinions might be wrong or not the fact or only "correct" in certain aspect / angle due to we always seeing things or judge things based on what we know or what would profit us (Some examples, my boss who doesn't know programming, always think "it is not hard, in my opinion this task just need XXX days to finish", in reality, it is complicated. Or someone who do not know about design, might say "just some simple designs, just a few mins or an hour can be settled, i don't know why you need a few days to do them and charging so much?"

So far i like the story.

Other things :
1. The graphics is really TOP and the environment is lively. I hope one day they can make water effects to be much more realistic (not bad now but i expect more). The ropes and the physic... feels so real.
2. The hairless scar girl, probably is the most realistic / life-like character in the game from my point of view.
3. Abby's combats seem more interesting than Ellie's so far. The "boss-fights" feel tense and nice. I like the flame-thrower.
4. The building climbing is kinda cool, reminded me of the 2 Russian guys' who illegally climbed the Shanghai tallest building many years ago.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
GOW has no repeat replay value if you ask me, may be some people might play it 2-3 times. But Gear5 is a shooting game, and it has multiplayer mode, definitely will last a lot longer than GOW.
The same applies to all cinematic games that are praised over and over again but that is where MS have failed badly with their marketing strategy. They throw out so much money in so many things but fail to actually focus in one area and get good at it.

That is why I rather praise Xbox games than PS4 titles here eventhough I don't really care about the platform myself. MS have really good games with replayeability value while the only 2 from the PS4 I can think of are Bloodborne and HZD which I keep praising as well.

For TLOU2, i have finally reaching the part saving the scar's girl.
1. After Ellie killed Abby's friends and they finally facing each other, i was like : "Ok!!! let me whack her and shoot her!!!!"
2. Then i started control Abby, my feeling changed, i don't hate her anymore. She is just like a mirror of Ellie.
3. She wasn't ugly (which many made joke on her appearance and is one of the main reasons of hating her), but the death of her father made her went to the road of revenge and that motivated her to be as strong as possible. I feel pity on her.
4. She has friends, just like Ellie. When i control Ellie, i have no mercy when killing Abby's friends, but when i got to know Abby and her friends, i then feel something. They aren't merciless killing machines, both sides are innocent, both sides have friends and families.
5. I really can't hate Abby now. She is not a bad person at all, the fact that she even trying to help the 2 scars' girls made me felt comfortable, i might do the same thing based on my characteristic. If someone helps me, i must find a chance to help him / her back, and i would do more as my appreciation.
6. The story is realistic, when we don't know someone or when we assume someone is bad, we tend to "hate" on them just by knowing them from "stories". One example, Abby hates Scars, and wouldn't think twice to kill them, but when she was saved by the 2 girls, the story is different. The stories trying to tell us we are just seeing points from our point of views, many of our opinions might be wrong or not the fact or only "correct" in certain aspect / angle due to we always seeing things or judge things based on what we know or what would profit us (Some examples, my boss who doesn't know programming, always think "it is not hard, in my opinion this task just need XXX days to finish", in reality, it is complicated. Or someone who do not know about design, might say "just some simple designs, just a few mins or an hour can be settled, i don't know why you need a few days to do them and charging so much?"

So far i like the story.

Other things :
1. The graphics is really TOP and the environment is lively. I hope one day they can make water effects to be much more realistic (not bad now but i expect more). The ropes and the physic... feels so real.
2. The hairless scar girl, probably is the most realistic / life-like character in the game from my point of view.
3. Abby's combats seem more interesting than Ellie's so far. The "boss-fights" feel tense and nice. I like the flame-thrower.
4. The building climbing is kinda cool, reminded me of the 2 Russian guys' who illegally climbed the Shanghai tallest building many years ago.
I didn't wanted to spoil that part for you hence why I said you will see later on. They portrait Abby as a good person and kinda put Ellie as a horrible person being responsible of killing Abby's dog and a pregnant woman. That is the reason I said they fucked up big time and I know you are enjoying the game which is great but I believe the story would be far better if it was in a different sequence. They basically have everything to make the perfect game but it was executed badly.

Talking about things that happen in real live..... don't you think that Ellie's life is spared way too often in the story??? to the point that makes no sense???

I personally don't enjoy Abby's story that much but I have to admit that the boss fights are far better than Ellie's ones. For instance that huge monster or the black guy are really great. So in my second run I passed Abby's story and will reach the final chapter once again.

Here two videos I uploaded today before ending Abby's story:

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I didn't wanted to spoil that part for you hence why I said you will see later on. They portrait Abby as a good person and kinda put Ellie as a horrible person being responsible of killing Abby's dog and a pregnant woman.
It doesn't really made me feel Ellie is a horrible person even if Abby is a good person. I really don't feel it that way tho.

Their point of views and what they went thru were difference, they are doing the "correct" things or made the best decisions based on what were / are happening to them.

When i controlled Ellie and she killed Abby's dog and the pregnant woman, it is all fine from Ellie's perspective imo. (The guy is kinda dumb in that situation, she shouldn't risk their life especially when the girl is pregnant). But when i control Abby and going thru her story, i know how Abby would feel. Thus i don't hate Abby for killing Joel, and i don't hate / dislike Ellie for Killing the dog and the pregnant woman and the guy.

Talking about things that happen in real live..... don't you think that Ellie's life is spared way too often in the story??? to the point that makes no sense???
Even in drama or comics i don't like this kind of setting. As long as you are a main char, no matter how bad a bad guy is, they wouldn't kill the main char on the spot and give the main char chance to escape, i hate this when this happen too often (so far i remember happened twice based on my progress, the first time made sense due to that guy's helping, and that guy would do that based on his characteristic setting).

My opinion is, in any story, they shouldn't let main char to be caught. In TLOU's world, it is a no mercy world, if main char got caught, prepare to be killed, unless the story really made sense that they want to catch the main char alive.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
It doesn't really made me feel Ellie is a horrible person even if Abby is a good person. I really don't feel it that way tho.

Their point of views and what they went thru were difference, they are doing the "correct" things or made the best decisions based on what were / are happening to them.

When i controlled Ellie and she killed Abby's dog and the pregnant woman, it is all fine from Ellie's perspective imo. (The guy is kinda dumb in that situation, she shouldn't risk their life especially when the girl is pregnant). But when i control Abby and going thru her story, i know how Abby would feel. Thus i don't hate Abby for killing Joel, and i don't hate / dislike Ellie for Killing the dog and the pregnant woman and the guy.

Even in drama or comics i don't like this kind of setting. As long as you are a main char, no matter how bad a bad guy is, they wouldn't kill the main char on the spot and give the main char chance to escape, i hate this when this happen too often (so far i remember happened twice based on my progress, the first time made sense due to that guy's helping, and that guy would do that based on his characteristic setting).

My opinion is, in any story, they shouldn't let main char to be caught. In TLOU's world, it is a no mercy world, if main char got caught, prepare to be killed, unless the story really made sense that they want to catch the main char alive.
I will write down my final thoughts in the "Rate the last game" thread but for me there is too much inconsistency in the story, to many flashbacks and repetitive action. Each time Ellie got cought I wasn't surprised she survived and the same for Abby. They tried to portraid two parallel stories that at the end come to the same result.

In my opinion the story would be so much better if you start playing as Joel who teach Ellie a lot of things on how to defend herself then maybe in the middle of the game a slide switch in the story to Abby just to make you understand her background... then I would put Ellie in danger and instead of finding a random person who spare her life over and over I would put Joel in his last mission giving his life to save Ellie who then is the main character for the rest of the story with a fantastic fight between the two at the end.

Instead the game find excuses and make you go into stories just to find a way to spare either Ellie or Abby's life.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I will write down my final thoughts in the "Rate the last game" thread but for me there is too much inconsistency in the story, to many flashbacks and repetitive action. Each time Ellie got cought I wasn't surprised she survived and the same for Abby. They tried to portraid two parallel stories that at the end come to the same result.

In my opinion the story would be so much better if you start playing as Joel who teach Ellie a lot of things on how to defend herself then maybe a slide switch in the story to Abby just to make you understand her background... then in the middle of the game I would put Ellie in danger and instead of finding a random person who spare her life I would put Joel in his last mission giving his life to save Ellie who then is the main character for the rest of the story with a fantastic fight between the two at the end.

Instead the game find excuses and make you go into stories just to find a way to spare either Ellie or Abby's life.
I think it has pros and cons. I would say this is kinda subjective too. Example, you made it that way, people might think it is too "normal" or too "expected". Ex main char trying to save current main char and sacrify himself, or parent tries to save son / daughter and sacrify themself, sounds too familiar.

One thing i like about how they set the story to be this way, it made a stronger feeling when you see those people you killed from another person's perspective. I guess no body would care about the video game girl after she is dead, but when i controlled Abby and saw her again alive in the canteen and another area and talked to her, i started to feel she is not nobody anymore, she is a "real" person which i know (altho the relation is not deep).

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,929 Posts
I think it has pros and cons. I would say this is kinda subjective too. Example, you made it that way, people might think it is too "normal" or too "expected". Ex main char trying to save current main char and sacrify himself, or parent tries to save son / daughter and sacrify themself, sounds too familiar.

One thing i like about how they set the story to be this way, it made a stronger feeling when you see those people you killed from another person's perspective. I guess no body would care about the video game girl after she is dead, but when i controlled Abby and saw her again alive in the canteen and another area and talked to her, i started to feel she is not nobody anymore, she is a "real" person which i know (altho the relation is not deep).
For me that would be a perfect set for TLOU 3 for example and as they stated they don't even know if there will be a 3rd part. I agree with what you say but you shouldn't forget how the first part ended and how the strong bond between Ellie en Joel was as a "Father" so to speak. By keeping that pace I believe people would accept the story easily and in the 3rd part a different route would have taken probably explaining certain things of part 2.

To me it just feels like excuses over excuses in the story to keep them alive.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I have to admit after thinking about the story, a person could decide s/he isn't judge, jury, and executioner and decide to spare someone's like. That happened in Captain America Civil War at the end between Black Panther and Zemo. Black Panther also was going to do the same thing in Black Panther but that wasn't what the villain wanted.

22581 - 22600 of 22651 Posts