Crazy GFX coder
I think you misunderstood my actual response on the matter(I expressed myself wrong most probably). I wasn't saying the game is sending some political messages and if you remember all of my posts at the start of the discussion never had a word about it but always about the story. What I was saying is that's how people seem to see it as a response to Nightmare's FB comment and as I pointed out she seems to be one of the reasons for the hate while the story seems to be the biggest problem.I've disliked Anita for a while - back when she talked about movies instead of video games - but accusing the game of being political because she was a consultant is making a leap.
If Ellie tells the players: "Be gay, do crime" then that's for sure the game and the story being political.
But if someone who's never heard of Anita plays the game, doesn't notice any political content, and doesn't see anything about her, it seems like the game succeeded in walking the balance of "deliver a story with a message, but don't be obnoxious about it". And that's what we've asked writers to do: to make something meaningful, without being annoying or forceful about it.
There's also two things I find strange. Usually, when people are mad at a game, this is how it goes:
1) First, people play the game. Then, people are mad.
2) Then, we get clear complaints of what people were mad about. There's little doubt about what people hated about Arkham Knight or No Man's Sky. We have clear concepts, clear complaints.
The drama doesn't change on the daily, people raise up similar and consistent points.
For TLOU2, things are strangely different:
1) First, people were mad long before the game released.
2) Then, we get fluctuating complaints, with the subject of the drama changing over the week.
This seems weird to me. It makes it seem like some people were already mad and went on a hunt for something to take their anger on.
This doesn't mean that people CAN'T dislike the game, or be disappointed by it. I think you're being honest with your own personal view and impression of the game.
I'm just weary of some of the stuff I'm seeing online, as some of it stinks. Some of the drama seems to be people searching for a outlet to vent, for something to be angry it, rather than an actual discussion about a video game.
Something else I'm wondering: should this discussion be moved to its own separate topic? If people are truly interested in discussing what works and what doesn't work about the game, it might be easier to follow the subject if it gets its own topic. It's a bit difficult to share other news in this thread with this conversation going on.
As for what you explained how it should normally be that's correct and in the case of TLOU 2 is different. You have to remember that the whole story got leaked long ago and while me and you didn't watched to avoid spoilers many people actually did. However, many come from different backgrounds and you have this different types:
- Hate towards Anita and her role in the game
- Dislike the Story but like the game (i'm one of those)
- Hate towards ND and Sony after being their target for posting memes
- The regular hater and SJW
- Anti-Feminists / Homosexuality haters
- Hate generated by the crunch news