Next Generation Emulation banner

22421 - 22440 of 22634 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,919 Posts
I truely believe that RT will help bring the jump in graphics we badly need. The reason I say that is because many games look much better on PC than they do on consoles but the jump in graphics isn't something I would call huge. Now that video shows exactly what it takes.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
We know what happened to the HZD rumor and now this:

God of War No Longer Contains “Only on PlayStation” Label on Official Web Page

I hope Sony would do this for all the older Exclusives.
I truely believe that RT will help bring the jump in graphics we badly need. The reason I say that is because many games look much better on PC than they do on consoles but the jump in graphics isn't something I would call huge. Now that video shows exactly what it takes.
I think it is also depends on games / game makers? Recently i saw a video talked about Tomb Raider with RT on and RT off, it seems the difference is very minor.

Btw, what is "reshade" in that video? I am wondering what would be the difference if RT on but reshade still off.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I think it is also depends on games / game makers? Recently i saw a video talked about Tomb Raider with RT on and RT off, it seems the difference is very minor.

Btw, what is "reshade" in that video? I am wondering what would be the difference if RT on but reshade still off.
For most games, ray-tracing only makes a minor difference. If you look at Metro: Exodus, Battlefield 5, Control, they all use it to add extra details, but it doesn't make a world of difference. Even some upcoming games (Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2) only have small changes.
Games with weaker graphics like Minecraft see a much bigger difference.

Thing is, great looking games already try to do similar effects to RT without RT. So RT adds extra details that they can't replicate, but it doesn't do a HUGE difference since they already tried to do something similar.
Games with weaker graphics, like Minecraft and Zelda, see a bigger difference since they weren't doing as good a job to copy RT effects. The effect used in Zelda also exists without RT, it just isn't as good. They do Global Illumination, but now they do it with ray tracing, which looks much better than what we can do without RT. We have forms of GI without ray-tracing, and it looks good, just not as good.
It's also why I'm hoping to see indie games use RT a lot. I think they could do cool things with it.

As for Reshade: I don't think you can do RT in Zelda without Reshade. Reshade is a way to add effects to PC games. Effects like sharpening, bloom, tweaking the colours, etc. Someone added a little bit of RT to Zelda through Reshade. Should also be able to add it to more emulated games.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
For most games, ray-tracing only makes a minor difference. If you look at Metro: Exodus, Battlefield 5, Control, they all use it to add extra details, but it doesn't make a world of difference. Even some upcoming games (Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2) only have small changes.
Games with weaker graphics like Minecraft see a much bigger difference.

Thing is, great looking games already try to do similar effects to RT without RT. So RT adds extra details that they can't replicate, but it doesn't do a HUGE difference since they already tried to do something similar.
Games with weaker graphics, like Minecraft and Zelda, see a bigger difference since they weren't doing as good a job to copy RT effects. The effect used in Zelda also exists without RT, it just isn't as good. They do Global Illumination, but now they do it with ray tracing, which looks much better than what we can do without RT. We have forms of GI without ray-tracing, and it looks good, just not as good.
It's also why I'm hoping to see indie games use RT a lot. I think they could do cool things with it.

As for Reshade: I don't think you can do RT in Zelda without Reshade. Reshade is a way to add effects to PC games. Effects like sharpening, bloom, tweaking the colours, etc. Someone added a little bit of RT to Zelda through Reshade. Should also be able to add it to more emulated games.
Understood, Thanks for the explanations! (y):)

·
Registered
10,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Control has been added to GeforceNow, I think it's the second (? not sure) game with RTX available on the app. Metro Exodus is the other one.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,919 Posts
Here is a 15 minutes RE3 Remake test trainer that I made few days ago just for fun. It only have 3 cheats but the idea was to mess around and do something quick to test trainer creation in C# and the latest .net Core.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Star Wars Episode 1 Release Date Set For PS4 And Switch
Gee, I purchased an N64 to play the original and purchased it full price ($9.99) on GOG...

This ought to sell like hotcakes on both systems...

Too bad a PC version isn't coming, but I bet it will be a blast for the Switch...

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
I feel FF7R would look even better if it has ray tracing.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,650 Posts
I think it's a shame there aren't too many Visual Novels on android and ios (although Ace Attorney is well represented).
Touch controls are very suitable for the genre.
I guess the reaons are that the genre originated on home computers and that they can be very large in terms of filesize (think fmv and being fully voiced) which is problematic for mobile devices with relatively limited storage.
Still, I'd like to see more of them.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Epic now requires 2 factor authentication for free games

I wonder how well that would fly on Steam or GOG?

I use 2 factor on Steam, but not GOG...

I think I do on humble as well.

I haven't set it up on Epic yet, but I've only purchased 1 game. I'm unsure I care much about the 'free' games...

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Epic now requires 2 factor authentication for free games

I wonder how well that would fly on Steam or GOG?

I use 2 factor on Steam, but not GOG...

I think I do on humble as well.

I haven't set it up on Epic yet, but I've only purchased 1 game. I'm unsure I care much about the 'free' games...
Steam has required 2 factor auth to make full use of the marketplace and trades since 2016 I believe.
2 factor auth is an easy way to greatly improve security, Nintendo has also been pushing it recently due to a wave of stolen accounts.
I'd be mad if they were locking us out of essential features, but I don't mind having them encourage us through free promotions.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Yeah, I use 2 factor authorization on Steam. I usually just sell cheap trading cards that aren't affected by the requirement so even if I didn't have 2 factor authorization.

I still see a ton of Steam gamers getting scammed and wondering why giving up their info to fake steam mods, free skins sites, 3rd party trading sites, sharing account info, etc is stupid. Right after getting scammed they post warnings on Steam and yet they were scammed as they never read the forums about that stuff in the first place.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Yeah, I use 2 factor authorization on Steam. I usually just sell cheap trading cards that aren't affected by the requirement so even if I didn't have 2 factor authorization.

I still see a ton of Steam gamers getting scammed and wondering why giving up their info to fake steam mods, free skins sites, 3rd party trading sites, sharing account info, etc is stupid. Right after getting scammed they post warnings on Steam and yet they were scammed as they never read the forums about that stuff in the first place.
I believe that the cheap trading cards are still affected in a way, I think without 2 factor auth there's a two week delay before you can sell the cards.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Under $1 cards can be sold but there's a limit to how many you can do at a time.

My other point was 2 factor authorization doesn't stop people from giving their info away and then claiming their account was hacked...

I fail to see how it is the users giving away into on Epic's site though. I'd imagine Epic's security is as lame as their mediocre store.

Shopping carts? We don't need shopping carts... LOL...

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
I tried Telsa vs Lovecraft which I apparently picked up on Fanatical in December and it's a decent game. It's in a Fanatical bundle at the moment. Twin stick with limited teleportation, a weird story, upgrades...I'd never have tried it if it wasn't in a bundle I snagged.

22421 - 22440 of 22634 Posts