Next Generation Emulation banner

22421 - 22426 of 22426 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,834 Posts
I truely believe that RT will help bring the jump in graphics we badly need. The reason I say that is because many games look much better on PC than they do on consoles but the jump in graphics isn't something I would call huge. Now that video shows exactly what it takes.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,018 Posts
We know what happened to the HZD rumor and now this:

God of War No Longer Contains “Only on PlayStation” Label on Official Web Page

I hope Sony would do this for all the older Exclusives.
I truely believe that RT will help bring the jump in graphics we badly need. The reason I say that is because many games look much better on PC than they do on consoles but the jump in graphics isn't something I would call huge. Now that video shows exactly what it takes.
I think it is also depends on games / game makers? Recently i saw a video talked about Tomb Raider with RT on and RT off, it seems the difference is very minor.

Btw, what is "reshade" in that video? I am wondering what would be the difference if RT on but reshade still off.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I think it is also depends on games / game makers? Recently i saw a video talked about Tomb Raider with RT on and RT off, it seems the difference is very minor.

Btw, what is "reshade" in that video? I am wondering what would be the difference if RT on but reshade still off.
For most games, ray-tracing only makes a minor difference. If you look at Metro: Exodus, Battlefield 5, Control, they all use it to add extra details, but it doesn't make a world of difference. Even some upcoming games (Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2) only have small changes.
Games with weaker graphics like Minecraft see a much bigger difference.

Thing is, great looking games already try to do similar effects to RT without RT. So RT adds extra details that they can't replicate, but it doesn't do a HUGE difference since they already tried to do something similar.
Games with weaker graphics, like Minecraft and Zelda, see a bigger difference since they weren't doing as good a job to copy RT effects. The effect used in Zelda also exists without RT, it just isn't as good. They do Global Illumination, but now they do it with ray tracing, which looks much better than what we can do without RT. We have forms of GI without ray-tracing, and it looks good, just not as good.
It's also why I'm hoping to see indie games use RT a lot. I think they could do cool things with it.

As for Reshade: I don't think you can do RT in Zelda without Reshade. Reshade is a way to add effects to PC games. Effects like sharpening, bloom, tweaking the colours, etc. Someone added a little bit of RT to Zelda through Reshade. Should also be able to add it to more emulated games.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,018 Posts
For most games, ray-tracing only makes a minor difference. If you look at Metro: Exodus, Battlefield 5, Control, they all use it to add extra details, but it doesn't make a world of difference. Even some upcoming games (Cyberpunk, Bloodlines 2) only have small changes.
Games with weaker graphics like Minecraft see a much bigger difference.

Thing is, great looking games already try to do similar effects to RT without RT. So RT adds extra details that they can't replicate, but it doesn't do a HUGE difference since they already tried to do something similar.
Games with weaker graphics, like Minecraft and Zelda, see a bigger difference since they weren't doing as good a job to copy RT effects. The effect used in Zelda also exists without RT, it just isn't as good. They do Global Illumination, but now they do it with ray tracing, which looks much better than what we can do without RT. We have forms of GI without ray-tracing, and it looks good, just not as good.
It's also why I'm hoping to see indie games use RT a lot. I think they could do cool things with it.

As for Reshade: I don't think you can do RT in Zelda without Reshade. Reshade is a way to add effects to PC games. Effects like sharpening, bloom, tweaking the colours, etc. Someone added a little bit of RT to Zelda through Reshade. Should also be able to add it to more emulated games.
Understood, Thanks for the explanations! (y):)

·
Registered
10,442 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Control has been added to GeforceNow, I think it's the second (? not sure) game with RTX available on the app. Metro Exodus is the other one.

22421 - 22426 of 22426 Posts