Next Generation Emulation banner

22361 - 22380 of 22426 Posts

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
I got a cool birthday gift from my sweetie Charline, the GOG Dishonored bundle. Woo Hoo Dishonored 1, 2, and Death of the Outsider all DRM Free.

I'm hoping with Denuvo gone I'll be able to play the latter 2 on my PC. I just installed the first Dishonored though as I want to finish it before playing the others.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts

Ok, buy this or play Genesis games on your cellphone / tablet / portable.

Am I missing something?

They even have instructions on the Sega Classics Forum at Steam how to extract the .bin files from the Steam or Retail Sega Collection.

Why buy this?

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,386 Posts
Owners of #Cyberpunk2077 for Xbox One will receive the Xbox Series X upgrade for free when available.
I thought Microsoft's stance for the Series X was that it would behave the same way PC gaming does; newer games will work on both XBsX and XBone. But I guess the XBsX version will have hi-def textures and asset and thus the disk version would be totally different.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
I thought Microsoft's stance for the Series X was that it would behave the same way PC gaming does; newer games will work on both XBsX and XBone. But I guess the XBsX version will have hi-def textures and asset and thus the disk version would be totally different.
Its more about the assets and improvements they add to games. For instance they did the exact same thing with the X1X offering upgrades to games in terms of better textures and resolution. Having the same version for everybody like PC does is not efficient as someone may have a X1 but will be forced to download assets and stuff that they won't use. By providing a upgrade they make sure its tested and made for the Series X to take advantage of it.

On PC you can download the latest games with great assets and run it on a potato but in that case you will download more than what you actually need for your setup without having any benefits.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
It's nice to see them go for 12tflops and support 120fps. With support for older games, we could potentially see Xbox One games at 120fps. I think Forza would be very easy to support at 120fps in particular and would benefit from it due to being a racing game.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
It's nice to see them go for 12tflops and support 120fps. With support for older games, we could potentially see Xbox One games at 120fps. I think Forza would be very easy to support at 120fps in particular and would benefit from it due to being a racing game.
I'm a little upset to hear about it now because I spent almost 1K upgrading my computer and don't even have hardware ray tracing. I bet they will sell it for 500 bucks which is crazy for a 12TF device. 120fps is definitely possible on older titles but I want to see those X1 with dynamic resolution support shine in the new Xbox.

Still I want MS to bring 360 games to PC goddammit!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I'm a little upset to hear about it now because I spent almost 1K upgrading my computer and don't even have hardware ray tracing. I bet they will sell it for 500 bucks which is crazy for a 12TF device. 120fps is definitely possible on older titles but I want to see those X1 with dynamic resolution support shine in the new Xbox.

Still I want MS to bring 360 games to PC goddammit!
Consoles have always been cheaper and will always continue to be cheaper, but don't feel too bad: you're comparing 1k of previously existing hardware to a potential 500-600$ of future hardware. It's similar to someone complaining they spent 500$ on a XOX last Christmas, only for a new console to release Christmas 2020.
It can suck timing-wise, but there will always be new hardware being released. Don't beat yourself up for looking at the price/performance of hardware releasing a year or two later after what you bought.

I'm a little skeptical about how far ray tracing will go in the upcoming consoles. They mention using ray tracing for sounds, and that's something I 100% believe they'll do. I have doubts about having fully ray traced scenes. I think they might aim a bit lower than what Nvidia did to keep costs down. I could see them settling for only ray tracing very specific effects or elements, as a compromise.

What IS nice about this is that having ray tracing in consoles - even if it only ends up being a limited amount of it - will help accelerate support for it in the future. I think that'll be positive no matter what.
We'll soon find out more about the new AMD cards, hopefully they shine a (ray-traced) light on it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
Consoles have always been cheaper and will always continue to be cheaper, but don't feel too bad: you're comparing 1k of previously existing hardware to a potential 500-600$ of future hardware. It's similar to someone complaining they spent 500$ on a XOX last Christmas, only for a new console to release Christmas 2020.
It can suck timing-wise, but there will always be new hardware being released. Don't beat yourself up for looking at the price/performance of hardware releasing a year or two later after what you bought.

I'm a little skeptical about how far ray tracing will go in the upcoming consoles. They mention using ray tracing for sounds, and that's something I 100% believe they'll do. I have doubts about having fully ray traced scenes. I think they might aim a bit lower than what Nvidia did to keep costs down. I could see them settling for only ray tracing very specific effects or elements, as a compromise.

What IS nice about this is that having ray tracing in consoles - even if it only ends up being a limited amount of it - will help accelerate support for it in the future. I think that'll be positive no matter what.
We'll soon find out more about the new AMD cards, hopefully they shine a (ray-traced) light on it.
The thing is... I was expecting the console to be far weaker to be honest. Sure we have been heard many rumors and stuff but I thought the next Xbox to be around 9tf and the PS5 to be slightly below that to keep costs in check but 12TF is even above my 1080ti which still holds up in price not to mention hardware ray tracing. We can't say how much that ray tracing support is going to be but I agree with you that it may just be a limited version.

I gave up on consoles but damn... that new Xbox is pretty much a high-end PC judging by the parts and so is going to be the PS5. If they sell those for 500 bucks that's going to be a hell of a deal for all those that probably wanted to upgrade this year.

I personally will wait for something like the next Nvidia card 3080ti or something.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,836 Posts
Damn... Switch emulation have improved quite a lot. I tested one of the latest early access builds and the performance is impressive. Sadly the video can't show how well the game runs here but is far better than what you can see in the video. However, it still gives an idea how much performance have improved.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
The codemaker has died

Konami Code Creator Kazuhisa Hashimoto Has Died

I have to try cheating on Contra on Steam, thankfully that won't get me a VAC BAN,

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,386 Posts
I entered the Konami code on this site, and nothing happened. :(

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,602 Posts
Really enjoying playing through Yakuza 5 again.... it's probably the best game in the series, and 60fps on ps4 is a nice improvement over the original which suffered from some heavy slowdown.

Right now I'm in Saejima's part, hunting in the mountains :cool:

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
Well Sony and Microsoft are still the only ones competing. Most people want the Switch as a portable system.

Sony has been doing things that might jarate off their customers as with the censoring of games and not great support of Indies last I heard.

They also have lost exclusives to the PC. I can't see much I want on a PS4 that I can't get on my PC.

If I had the money to buy a PS4 or XBOX One, I'd just get a new PC.

And who wants either when their upgraded versions are going to be released.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
Really enjoying playing through Yakuza 5 again.... it's probably the best game in the series, and 60fps on ps4 is a nice improvement over the original which suffered from some heavy slowdown.

Right now I'm in Saejima's part, hunting in the mountains :cool:
I only started it on PS3 but stopped after awhile. I wanna 3-6 released on PC, but SEGA has been silent about it. Finished 1,2,3,4,0,Kiwami so far anyways. Y7 looks weird with that turn based system.

·
Registered
10,451 Posts
I'm wondering if sales weren't up to expectations? They bundled 0 and 1 in Humble Monthly Bundles.

Maybe they don't believe its worth the effort to port any more of the games?

22361 - 22380 of 22426 Posts