Next Generation Emulation banner

22341 - 22360 of 22364 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
That is what happened to me too as I have tested many games I would probably skip.
I think the pass may have been great for Forza too. I remember I previously saw the sales for the series had been declining due to MS releasing a new game almost every year (they had quickened up the pace), and the latest one had even worse sales when it first released. Yet despite this, it became the most played one in the series, and that seems to have been thanks to the pass. People didn't seem too hot on buying a new Forza so quickly after all the others, but with how cheap the pass was, and the game being in the pass, it made it very attractive and became more popular as a result. There's no denying the game itself was great, everyone seemed to agree, they just felt tired of buying a new one so often.

Having a pass is also good for scenarios like this one, where a game might be released yearly (like sport games) and seem "expensive" as result, but then end up much cheaper if it's part of a subscription package. Then if they want to keep it outside of the pass, they can buy it forever instead.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
I think the pass may have been great for Forza too. I remember I previously saw the sales for the series had been declining due to MS releasing a new game almost every year (they had quickened up the pace), and the latest one had even worse sales when it first released. Yet despite this, it became the most played one in the series, and that seems to have been thanks to the pass. People didn't seem too hot on buying a new Forza so quickly after all the others, but with how cheap the pass was, and the game being in the pass, it made it very attractive and became more popular as a result. There's no denying the game itself was great, everyone seemed to agree, they just felt tired of buying a new one so often.

Having a pass is also good for scenarios like this one, where a game might be released yearly (like sport games) and seem "expensive" as result, but then end up much cheaper if it's part of a subscription package. Then if they want to keep it outside of the pass, they can buy it forever instead.
I haven't checked but I have no idea why not all Forza titles are included in the service. As you said it makes total sense and also I think is great for games. Some games die fast other just stay longer but at the end of the day people stop playing those or just end up not buying them because they don't want to pay the full price for a game that they may or may not like and more if there is a title coming they are actually interested to purchase.

For instance I wanted to get Rage 2 and Remnant a while back but hold myself back because there were other titles far more interesting to me. However, after playing those titles in gamepass I end up purchasing Remnant eventhough I could play the game for free in the service. That is a good example that the strategy works and people end up buying more games at the end.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,595 Posts
Ms slowed down a bit with forza. Also, they declare the games "end of life" after several years and delist them... so, you probably won't see forza 5,6, horizon 2 on game pass or anywhere except second hand sales.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
The level of delusional fanboys is just incredible. I remember seeing quite few delusional Xbots in the past but nothing like those sect members aka ponies. This dudes really need a life because they seem to have some serious problems. That is why I refuse to use Twitter and many of the social media because is incredible to see the reaction of some people just because their exclusives are coming to PC and they are running out of ammo.

Ms slowed down a bit with forza. Also, they declare the games "end of life" after several years and delist them... so, you probably won't see forza 5,6, horizon 2 on game pass or anywhere except second hand sales.
That's pretty bad.....

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
---
Seems some heavily delayed games came and went without much fanfare.

Did anybody here play Kingdom Hearts 3?
What did you think of it?

And what about Shenmue 3?

I haven't played that series but by the looks of it seems like people should have gotten their fix with the Yakuza series instead of waiting for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
---

I haven't played that series but by the looks of it seems like people should have gotten their fix with the Yakuza series instead of waiting for it.
Played 1st Kingdom hearts years ago when it came out and picked up KH3 recently, pretty fun experience not gonna lie. I mean it's nothing groundbreaking or anything like that, but if you have the urge I'd def. advise to try it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
---

I played KH3 on my X1X when the game came out but maybe because am not a fan of the serie but it was not what I was expecting.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
---

I tried KH3, the gameplay isn't terribly exciting, and the game is more about the spectacle and the environment than the combat or the story. It's pretty, it's flashy, it's more about exploring Disney worlds than it is about anything else. I wouldn't recommend it if that doesn't interest you, or if you're looking for something deep to sink your teeth into.

Shenmue 3 is controversial, and I think that comes down to what people expect versus what Shenmue might be. Fans who love the "life simulator" aspect of shenmue seem to be in love with it, while people who expect more of an adventure/action game are left disappointed. I don't personally enjoy Shenmue, but I saw a streamer who loves it, and it comes down to roleplaying the life of the character and taking life slowly. A bit like animal crossing, in a not-very-similar way. The streamer would take time to call the characters from the previous games, train the character in martial arts, play the arcade games, gamble, explore the stores to collect hidden figurines, talk to the villagers, and walk everywhere instead of using the fast travel option.

Yakuza has many similarities to Shenmue, but one big difference is how it doesn't have that "life simulator" aspect. You don't have a curfew the same way Shenmue does, as time typically moves based on the story. Shenmue can be taken very slowly, chilling through the days, before moving on. I think this is where it gets divisive, and leads to conflicting opinions on the games.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,380 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
This is weird but it seems like Sony is closing down his own community.... What's going on here?

It can also be cheaper, since Instagram and Twitter are in charge of hosting (and to some extent, moderating) those pages. Less of a hassle for the companies if something goes wrong: it's not us, it's Instagram.
Forums have been dying, but what surprises me is the lack of an official Discord channel. These are incredibly popular and having Sony endorse one would have been a logical progression for their community, but if their goal is truly to be hands-off and let users handle it, they might prefer not having to look over a Discord channel either.
Discord seems to be particularly popular with smaller studios, I often see them advertise their channels and hold giveaways to entice people to join them.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
This new generation is shaping up in a very weird way and this Sony is something else.... I just don't get what they are doing which may be great or may not..... I agree with you but usually you want to keep your people in your community and not somewhere else IMO.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
I tested the latest Yuzu and RPCS3 builds and specially the later one is quite impressive. Right now I think is safe to say that if you want to play the GOW2 HD and Ghost of Sparta HD the best way is play it on PC using RPCS3. If you happen to have a good PC you can go up to 4k and locked 60fps while having better visuals and textures. I noticed that some of the games such as Dante's Inferno started to run extremely smooth with the latest builds but I wasn't expecting this:
NOTE:
The sound in Ghost of Sparta is a little high because I used the wrong setting for recording and is not an issue with the game here.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I got a nice surprise today, Groupees had King of Fighters XIV in a bundle for $3.99 and then when I played it, I beat it on my first try (Story/Arcade.)

I used Terry, Mai, and Yuri in that order.

Usually King of Fighters games beat me quickly. I only 'won' KOFXIII because I didn't qualify to face the final boss.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
A few big games are leaving the Xbox Game Pass soon. Might be worth playing them before they go:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (probably the biggest of the bunch)
Just Cause 4
Batman: Return to Arkham (remaster)

22341 - 22360 of 22364 Posts