Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22933 Posts

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post your random gaming thoughtS!!

To start things off:

Treyarch's Call of Duty: Black Ops will be playable in stereoscopic 3D when it launches worldwide on November 9.

Publisher Activision said that the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of the shooter will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilising active shutter 3D glasses.

Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia said: "Development of stereoscopic 3D began as an R&D project, but once we saw what the technology brought to the Call of Duty experience, what a great fit and how immersive it was, we knew that we had to develop it for Black Ops.

"Aiming down the sights of your weapons, flying in helicopters, rappelling down mountains, and moving through highly detailed environments are just some of the awesome experiences you will have in 3D with Black Ops."

He added: "We made sure the experience is seamless for gamers to use with a simple menu option to enable stereoscopic 3D or disable it at any time whether playing in the single player campaign, multiplayer or Zombies."

Black Ops multiplayer was looking more ambitious than we imagined when we went hands-on last month.
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_236961_thumb300.jpg

They seem really keen to force this 3d crap on us :|.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Seeing as it's Activision they'll force every gimmick on you they can.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing as it's Activision they'll force every gimmick on you they can.
This gimmick won't be as easy others, as 3d TVS are extremely expensive atm and most people won't be wearing glasses just to see a couple of badly done 3d effects.

The 3ds on the other hand.........

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
I'm just trying to pass the time. I dunno.. People are talking so I don't see the problem.
We're just having a good time.

What's with this demi thing anyways.....

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's one of your previous nicknames Saddan Hussein.

·
PC game modder
6,949 Posts
People need to stop and give SS3D a chance. I quite enjoy using the tech to play my games.

Just gives the games more body and depth

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, it was Saddan, you made sure not to offend people by choosing Saddam.

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
I don't know what you guys are into. Anyways. Here's the deal. I dunno what's going on here. It seems creating threads and talking about different subjects is pissing some people here. What do u want from me ?? Do you want me stop ?? Fine by me. Just say the word.

I'll stop posting threads. Just say it. Stop beating around the bush. Be straight with me as I am being now with you.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Making threads is ok but one thread per game and please no premature Hype++ stuff like you have been posting. That Enslaved thread was really unnecessary.

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
Why ?? What's wrong with that thread ?? I just need to know.

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts
How so ?? Care to elaborate ?? I don't see where is the problem .. ? Is it the score the game got ?? What's it ?! oO

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

·
CDProjekt Supporter
3,111 Posts

:lol: I was joking, but seriously I don't understand wtf is being even talked about in this thread.

Umm, technically couldn't a mod just merge some of this if they wanted?
You don't understand, I don't understand, hence we don't understand Dynamo.
Yes they could merge, as it was simply a lack of attention in my part.

Ah.. I'm not complaining. I'll just go out for a cig. ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Point is to keep all discussion on a specific game ideally in a single thread. Makes it easier for everyone if all related updates and discussions are kept in those.

The other extreme (to have all gaming news in only a thread) goes against the purpose of the gaming section of the forum (supposed to house different threads per topic rather than all topics in one thread).

Back in the days, this was norm, and kept discussion tidy (see the 'megathreads' from the past).

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Point is to keep all discussion on a specific game ideally in a single thread. Makes it easier for everyone if all related updates and discussions are kept in those.

The other extreme (to have all gaming news in only a thread) goes against the purpose of the gaming section of the forum (supposed to house different threads per topic rather than all topics in one thread).

Back in the days, this was norm, and kept discussion tidy (see the 'megathreads' from the past).
Indeed, could one of you rename the thread to

"Perpetual Gaming Gimmicks Thread"

or just bin it.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
I like separate threads personally, I hate trying to scan through 20 pages of useless comments to find little bits of information on whats actually the topic. Considering this is just another one of those stupid comments, you might want to delete this altogether and start a new one, or just bin. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22933 Posts