Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
ocz is fairly good ram, but that seems a bit pricey for ram of those cas timings and of that size. you could easily have gotten some corsair value select 512mb dual channel (way better than single channel).

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
If he already has a 512MB stick and a mobo which supports Dual Channel he could use it.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
1 1 , Dual channel ram is just 2 normal sticks of ram, they called it dual channel ram also called Dual channel ram kit for maketing. since dual channel ram is nothing more then 2 sticks of ram that been tested to work together.

Just buy another stick of those to run it in dual channel if ur motherboard supports it. Read ur motherboard manual to see how to set it up to run in dual channel mode IF your motherboard supports it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
well if there is a fry's anywhere near you, go there, they've had OCZ 2x512 PC3200 CAS2.5 there for like 99 bucks, and similar stuff but Corsair for 119.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Yeah thats hella good ram. I love my OCZ and it performs so good. PC2700 @ 400mhz 6-3-2-2 :)

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Seems expensive... I just brought some cheap ram (ps3200 512mb) from newegg for 30 something a few weeks ago. At least it worked fine for a few weeks already...

By the way, isn't CAS and RAS calculated with nanoseconds? I think most people can't even tell :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts