Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of ram there were and what were the best. Can anyone tell me? Cause My pentium 4's RD ram seems slower then my 256md SD DDR RAM...... :(

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by ToM_E
I was wondering what kind of ram there were and what were the best. Can anyone tell me? Cause My pentium 4's RD ram seems slower then my 256md SD DDR RAM...... :(
RD ram has more latency than DDR sdram.. Even though it is faster, the latency affects it's performance.. There are a few good Ram companies that I regularly buy.. Corsair, Kingston, Mircron, and a few others.. Do not get generic ram..

Right now I bought some OCZ PC150 sdram.. They can run at 150 mhz and above..

·
Registered
900 Posts
unless your p4 motherboard is an i845 or i850 board it really isnt that good. initial rdram boards sucked and had lower memory scores.

the rdram is much faster than the ddr. and i doubt its memory speed your noticing. its most likely something else.

good ram is essential when buying sd or ddr ram. micron's crucial ram is some of the best. http://crucial.com

i dont care for kingston but its pretty cheap.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
DDR are better when working with random access applications. If you're using programs that have big loadings of large amout of data, RD should get an advantage.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
the hardware seller told me Samsung is one of the best company that produce good quality rams. Btw, i think Kingston and Apacer r good too.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
RDRAM is definitely the fastest in terms of sheer bandwidth capacity... for PC800 I believe it's 3.2 gigs/second, which is ridiculously fast. Even the latest DDR SDRAM, PC 2100 I think it is, isn't anywhere near RDRAM.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
RDRAM is definitely the fastest in terms of sheer bandwidth capacity... for PC800 I believe it's 3.2 gigs/second, which is ridiculously fast. Even the latest DDR SDRAM, PC 2100 I think it is, isn't anywhere near RDRAM.
RD ram may be fast, but it has more latency than DDR sdram does..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts