Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. I've just got a laptop. Whenever I try to run Chankast Alpha .25 I get a BIOS screen which appears as a ragged grey swirl. All games are playable, but textures have only one solid color, and I can't read any of the text. It's all pretty weird! I've tried modifying all the available chankast settings.
My specs:
Intel Pentium 4m 2.0ghz
512 Mb DDR RAM
nVidia TNT2 Pro 32 mb
maybe its because my gfx card doesn't have hardware T&L. IS there any software which can emulate hardware T&L? The gfx card is not upgradable in my laptop.! PLease help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
fahimfahim said:
Hi there all. I've just got a laptop. Whenever I try to run Chankast Alpha .25 I get a BIOS screen which appears as a ragged grey swirl. All games are playable, but textures have only one solid color, and I can't read any of the text. It's all pretty weird! I've tried modifying all the available chankast settings.
My specs:
Intel Pentium 4m 2.0ghz
512 Mb DDR RAM
nVidia TNT2 Pro 32 mb
maybe its because my gfx card doesn't have hardware T&L. IS there any software which can emulate hardware T&L? The gfx card is not upgradable in my laptop.! PLease help.
i dont think there is a software that emulates hardware t&l.the only way to fix it is to buy a new gfx card at least a geforce 4 mx440 but a radeon also work good

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
The video card isn't upgradable as mentioned in the first post :p. The ragged gray swirl is normal with the ZWrite options enabled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried 3d-analyze, but that software doesn't emulate t&L; it just deceives the software into thinking that there is T&L.
"The ragged gray swirl is normal with the ZWrite options enabled."
I've told you. I have tried all the settings available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction: 3d Analyze does emulate hardware t&L, so it must be some other feature like compressed textures. Any suggestions?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
weird. first time i read the topic i thought it said 'rabbid gray squirrel'.
thats all. i figured i'd share.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some screenshots of the BIOS. Chankast runs fast, and without crashes, many of the games I own. But,as you can see, the graphics are weird! Is there any patch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some screenshots of the BIOS. Chankast runs fast, and without crashes, many of the games I own. But,as you can see, the graphics are weird! Is there any patch?

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
weird i have 16 mb card and i dont have that problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts