Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. What are the overall best settings for Rage Racer? I just tried the game and it seems to run pretty darn good.

I noticed that without frame limiter on, it runs too fast, but I gotta tell ya, it looks sooooo smooth at 60fps! Kinda like how a 60fps racing game looks smooth. Problem is, I can't get it to run that smooth at a normal speed. Is there any way to run the game at 60fps but still maintain the normal speed and not run it too fast? Here are my specs:

P4 3.6Ghz 800FSB Hyperthreading
ATI Radeon Mobility X800
2Gig DDR Ram
120GB HD

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
when i was playing this game on ePSXe, i found that you need to play using OpenGL (not OGL2) and set the frame limiter to auto (or 60 fps) and have the PC FPS calc special fix on.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
I think you got the answer in another thread, but the first few ridge racers just support digital input. Later RR's work with analog (R4 at least, not sure about Rage Racer) but I don't know if it'd be ideal; the games were AFAIK made with a gamepad in mind, so even if analog control works in R4, it would probably give a disadvantage because you have to make much bigger turns with a wheel and there'd probably be not much of an improvement in accuracy.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
please do not revivie old threads just to say things like that.

closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.