Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't use the SmartJoy profiler with gamepads and PSX emulation. You can put the gamepad buttons directly into ePSXe's gamepad configuration utility. just click in the box where it shows what keyboard key is mapped, then click the gamepad button you want. Here's what mine looks like, notice all the J1_*s?

I've marked two spots, A and B. Click in the A circle, then hit the gamepad button. Click in the B circle, then move the appropriate analog stick in the appropriate direction. The other settings you see in this diagram should take care of analog/digital switch, which gamepad setting to use, and how to set up rumble.

By the way, in order for things to work right, the analog light on the controller must always be on.

Also, whenever you're configuring or using your gamepad with PSX emulation, make sure you have any profiling software (just as SmartJoy) turned off.

Dan

P.S. Some games don't do rumble in ePSXe with the Radio Shack setup. For those I've found that switching to SSSPSX has worked. An example of such a one is Metal Gear Solid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is quite the old thread to bump up, but I have almost the exact issue here.

A have a PS1 DualShock controller hooked up to a Radio Shack PSX TO USB adapter, and the vibration does not work in ePSXe. I have gotten it to work in the past, though.

If my memory is correct, I think this is how I solved it years ago:

uninstall the crap driver from radioshack, and install this driver . it will fix all software related issue with force feedback.

the random button pressing in applications when vibration is actived is caused by compatibility issue with ps2 controller. the only way to fix it is to use ps1 dualshock controller with radioshack adapter.
Unfortunately, the link to that driver is dead.

Even more frustrating is that I scoured Google for that driver (BTP-C036.zip, for Betop BTP-036 gamepad) and all I got was:

1.) Nothing
2.) Phony downloads to viruses and malware.

Unfortunately, I don't have this file in any of my backup hard drives, either!

Does anyone know where to get this driver, or if there is an alternative driver that solves this issue?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts